Domain Empire

Domain Scam Alert

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I just got scammed by someone who offered $1500 for 8 of my 4 letter dotcoms, and now i lost 8 domains & no money at all

he made the payment of $1500 to my paypal account, when i first checked it, it seemed perfectly fine, so i pushed the 8 domains to him. An hour later, when i checked my paypal account again, the money was gone as it has been chargeback by paypal claiming that the payment was not authorized.

the scammer uses 2 email addresses:

[email protected]
[email protected]

after some research, someone has found out his real identity being:

Dorobantu Marian
[email protected]
bd tomis nr 68
Constanta, 8700
Romania
40+721328329

the 8 4-letter domains I lost are:

HUUQ.COM
KYYR.COM
QUUH.COM
LJCJ.COM
VUEQ.COM
VZFC.COM
WUUQ.COM
UUBD.COM

other people have been scammed by the same scammer
so Domainers be aware...

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
juanda said:
I have received an email yesterday from the same person [email protected]

The email was:

I saw a listing in a forum and i can buy these 2 names for 1300$ + any payment fees,let me know thanks. [email protected]

be careful with this guy...

WOW, he's still doin it.

just sent him a few email without getting a reply from him

called him a few times without him answering the phone...

Last edited:
•••
So i have a question. Does paypal protect you from a case like this?

You pay for domains via paypal. But seller wont transfer them to you and dissapears. You dispute the payment, but does paypal give the money back since this is a non tangible item?

You can write in the paypal description what the domain is, but does this even matter? Would you consider this goods under the options they give you to choose from on paypal?

•••
Paypal does not protect intangible items.

•••
does anyone know his mobile phone number if he's already got a mobile phone

•••
will later update, thanks

Last edited:
•••
Glad To Help My Fellow Namepros Friends

•••
juanda said:
I have received an email yesterday from the same person [email protected]

The email was:

I saw a listing in a forum and i can buy these 2 names for 1300$ + any payment fees,let me know thanks. [email protected]

be careful with this guy...
ask him to pay by egold :)

and tell him you will transfer domains after that
let see what he can do for this

•••
good idea, e-gold will not entertain chargeback or refund. surely he will backout and just say no funds. :lol:
sb225 said:
ask him to pay by egold :)

and tell him you will transfer domains after that
let see what he can do for this

•••
Happy to say all domains pushed--I am waiting to get dans domain for him--

•••
Thanks Chris, I too got my 03L.COM and 03N.COM back in my account...
Cheers! for all the help and support by everyone here and at dnf. Unity is powerful!

•••
I am happy to say i got Dans very good domain back.The guy transfered it today to me---Dan you owe me 10 million namepro bucks!!!

•••
My suggestion on this matter now:
If you sell a domain on this forum and accept paypal "Make sure that person has very good feedback"

Never take Paypal with Ebay Auctions

If you do take paypal with Ebay Auctions i would wait 48 hours untill transferring that domain"Allows enough time for paypal to email you saying they are looking into a fraud complaint"
When i sold mine with ebay "Paypal emailed me 12 hours later and ebay emailed me 1 hour after the auction saying it was fraud.

Its up to you how you want to sell domains but be careful=I was lucky to get them back.

Plus pull up the contact info for the buyer on ebay and give them a call ask them if they bought a domain

•••
I'm glad to see that everyone has gotten their domains back, or at least a good majority of them.

However, this guy has pulled the same thing in the past and he will continue to do it. He thinks thats giving a few names back when cornered will keep him out of trouble... And maybe it has, but think about all of the people he has scammed and will scam who weren't able to track him down and persuade him to give the names back.

Alex, if you were thinking about going to the police, I would still strongly encourage you to do so. This guy needs to be punished so he will learn that this type of behavior is NOT acceptable.

Anyway, congratulations again to those who've gotten their names returned.

•••
Everyone needs to thank Ronald Regging on emailing me about this---Not on this board alot---But he ask if i can help----

•••
Excellent work!! - glad to see the majority of domains have been returned.

I think a few people on here need a commendation :)

•••
His latest scam | He is still doing it

http://forums.DigitalPoint/showthread.php?t=759462

•••
http://www.dt.net.nz/?p=13

There's some info on there... I suppose the more information about him on the net, will mean that more people will know about him.

Shame, really.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back