IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"They are currenly at godaddy but I am thinking of transfering to sedo. Suggestions?"

Put them up at both places and even more, list them on Afternic as well. The more eyeballs, the better chance for a sale.

•••
just sold Authentic.co for $3250 on Sedo

Congrats, and thanks for sharing the news with us! I need to learn some negotiation skills from you, Keith, and Mr. Mustard. :)

•••
Zuq.CO also available now.

Regards,
Vitaliy

:wave:

•••
Zuq.CO also available now.

Regards,
Vitaliy

:wave:

It doesn't look like the sellout will hold, but it doesn't really matter anyway.

I am surprised people made such a big deal out of it.

If all LLL.co are taken or not, it doesn't make a great LLL worth more or less.

End users buy domains because they want the term, not for domainer reasons.

Brad

•••
I agree with Brad here, only premium or pronounceable LLL.co names will ever be worth anything, XQJ.co or ZQY.co will never be worth anything, whether all LLL.co's are taken or not

•••
•••
•••
I agree with Brad here, only premium or pronounceable LLL.co names will ever be worth anything, XQJ.co or ZQY.co will never be worth anything, whether all LLL.co's are taken or not

Agreed. Unless someone's needs just happen to align with your subpremium LLL.co, it's not even worth the reg fee as an investor.

Premium keywords have value, premium LLL's and then there are defensive regs... Beyond this, it doesn't feel like .CO is hitting on too many other levels.

•••
Congrats divansharma, really nice sale (and ROI, assuming you were the original $30 registrant)!
Yes the name was hand registered.
Thanks a ton friends

•••
Premium keywords have value, premium LLL's and then there are defensive regs... Beyond this, it doesn't feel like .CO is hitting on too many other levels.

and you know this because? are you a .co investor? what "other levels" is it not hitting on?

if you don't hold them, you don't know how much interest is there....Sedo reports are a (tiny) fraction of sales. Most of mine have been through trust with good people via Paypal and have ranged from $400-$1800. I don't want to lose a quarter of a $400 sale just to use Sedo. They don't report many low end sales anyway. People want .co...maybe major companies don't want them yet...blockbuster sales are (very) few but that doesn't mean there isn't a lot of interest. I'm averaging a couple of inquiries a week now. Last week I had 4 in 3 days!

I'm done defending the extension (after this post:laugh:) It doesn't need defending. IMO it stands on it's own and the detractors can say what they want. I still don't understand why the contras are so vocal and angry (See Rick's Blog). It shouldn't matter this much. Was there so much anger when .biz or .me or .mobi were released? It's an alternative extension FFS. I keep reading ".co sucks, .com is king!"

Why? Was anyone saying ".mobi sucks (or .biz sucks), .com is king!"? Probably not. Probably because they were never real alternatives to .com.

Since Rick's recent post about O.co's bleed to O.com that's been the argument of the day. "Everyone will type in .com because everyone is an idiot and incapable of learning."
I'm not buying that. A year ago .co was a blip on the radar that many people couldn't even see and weren't aware of. People are seeing it now. People aren't always going to think "derp...yer missing the m or the .uk" They will know the email address on your business card is .co and it looks damn sharp unlike the bestpigeon$%&tforsaleonline.com you used to have.

I will also add that I agree with Brad as well. If your company is named ZQY then ZQY.co may be valuable but without that reference it probably isn't. Premium lll are premium because there are lots of companies that have those initials so there are quite a few options for selling. If ZQY has the .com you are probably not going to sell them the .co (but you can try!:))

I think to summarize the climate of .co for domainers is this. The aftermarket sucks. It sucks because it's controversial. There are many vocal detractors in the community, some of them very high profile (Rick!). He has a lot of influence in the community...a lot of sycophantic fanboys. This is what is keeping the decent sales limited to end users ONLY. This means that if you are savvy you can pick up some great deals if you are confident in the extension like I am. I think a lot of people (including myself) thought that we were going to making mad coin instantly with our domains and didn't think we'd be sitting on 3-5 years of renewals before a decent sale comes. If you don't think the domain you have is worth at least $500 it's probably best to drop it because the renewals add up fast. You just can't get a quick flip to other domainers like you can with more established extensions. I haven't sold a single domain to a domainer because it's not worth it to sell a great domain for a few hundred bucks in this extension. It may be a decent ROI but the majority of your domains aren't going to sell so you need to squeeze the most out of the great ones.

Now, I'm done. I'm not going to defend .co here or on blogs anymore. I don't think it's needed. Maybe eventually the detractors will shut up about it too.

Last edited:
•••
Most of mine have been through trust with good people via Paypal and have ranged from $400-$1800.

An $1800 sale through paypal on trust? Yikes!!

•••
An $1800 sale through paypal on trust? Yikes!!

As long as he's the seller there is no worries. It's the buyer who should be cautious when using PayPal.

•••
As long as he's the seller there is no worries. It's the buyer who should be cautious when using PayPal.

Your saying chargeback on credit card not a problem for the seller?

•••

Not correct. All the buyer has to do is say something went wrong with the transaction and paypal will freeze the funds to investigate, and as the seller you had better hope you come out on the right end of the investigation or the buyer will get his money back.

•••
•••
I think to summarize the climate of .co for domainers is this. The aftermarket sucks. It sucks because it's controversial. There are many vocal detractors in the community, some of them very high profile (Rick!). He has a lot of influence in the community...a lot of sycophantic fanboys. This is what is keeping the decent sales limited to end users ONLY

To a certain extent, it's not necessarily a negative thing. I would immagine that if he and other "influential gurus" of the industry endorsed investing in .CO there would be a domain bubble, lots of newbies spending everything they have on hundreds of useless keywords. I remember when, during the Gulf oil spill, he posted about how .com was still offering opportunities and he listed his handregistered domains containing TM-infringing keywords like BP. Of course the fanboys commenting on the posts emulated him.

•••
Not correct. All the buyer has to do is say something went wrong with the transaction and paypal will freeze the funds to investigate, and as the seller you had better hope you come out on the right end of the investigation or the buyer will get his money back.

Incorrect. I've had personal experience with this issue as a buyer and more than one PayPal rep explained the policy.

Domains are not considered tangible items and therefore not covered if anything goes wrong. Call PayPal, they'll tell you. That's why thieves always ask for payment via PayPal. I went round and round regarding this issue because I unknowingly purchased a stolen domain. PayPal said sorry, tough luck! I disputed it with my CC company and they credited my account the funds. But, I had to prove that the domain was stolen by providing documentation from Godaddy as well as jumping through other hoops!

•••
A paypal transaction can blow up for either the buyer or the seller. Problems: A domain not being a thing you can hold in your hand, put in a box and mail with proof of delivery and insurance means PP treats it differently then even the poorest ebay situation/ And you as a seller cant pull it back on a string after a transfer/ And credit card chargebacks. Makes paypal scary way to do a domaining transaction.

•••
A paypal transaction can blow up for either the buyer or the seller. Problems: A domain not being a thing you can hold in your hand, put in a box and mail with proof of delivery and insurance means PP treats it differently then even the poorest ebay situation/ And you as a seller cant pull it back on a string after a transfer/ And credit card chargebacks. Makes paypal scary way to do a domaining transaction.
Agree. PayPal is scary for domain transactions. Buyer pays, seller could say screw you! Seller transfers after payment, buyer does a chargeback. The real solution would be for paypal to offer real protection but they'll never do it.

•••
"Since Rick's recent post about O.co's bleed to O.com that's been the argument of the day."

That's been the argument and problem with the extension since the beginning and his post is based on information from a company with real experience with the problem. Now we have some real numbers behind the argument. They had a 61% bleed out rate and they put some advertising dollars behind it. I expect it to be more with most other companies or sites. The reality has always been that .co is the closest extension as far as letters to .com. Some thought that was a good thing, except they were wrong, especially if you're actually going to develop on that extension. It's just going to be a bleed out to the .com, there's just no getting around it. People when they type the c then the o are so used to typing the m out of habit. And now you have numbers backing it up.

•••
Did they state how they came up with the 61% bleedout rate?

And you would have to expect the rate to be high with this situation, One letter domain of a very well known brand in which it would only be natural for the average person to assume overstock owns o.coM

Are we talking overstock again? lol

•••
Incorrect. I've had personal experience with this issue as a buyer and more than one PayPal rep explained the policy.

Domains are not considered tangible items and therefore not covered if anything goes wrong. Call PayPal, they'll tell you. That's why thieves always ask for payment via PayPal. I went round and round regarding this issue because I unknowingly purchased a stolen domain. PayPal said sorry, tough luck! I disputed it with my CC company and they credited my account the funds. But, I had to prove that the domain was stolen by providing documentation from Godaddy as well as jumping through other hoops!

Keith said:
"As long as he's the seller there is no worries. It's the buyer who should be cautious when using PayPal. "

It is very correct. The buyer can say he never received the domain and then paypal has to freeze the funds and investigate. It happened to me a while back. Your example is you being on the buyer's side. It is not wise to use paypal for any higher priced domain sales based on thinking you can just trust someone buying a domain from you. Not good for either side (buyer or seller) if one is wanting to scam you

That is why there are escrow companies. Sedo is very expensive, but there other options beside them.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Two big sales at GoDaddyAuctions:

MesotheliomaAttorney.co $10,300
MesotheliomaLawyer.co $10,300

Confirmed by DNJournal

Very high CPCs. Nice sales.

More .co sales at Sedo:

mev.co $2,905
neuro.co $1,000

---------- Post added at 04:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 AM ----------

Recent sales are proving that .co is a great alternative for companies and start-up companies that are on a limited budget. The price ranges are testament to that.

•••
Two big sales at GoDaddyAuctions:

MesotheliomaAttorney.co $10,300
MesotheliomaLawyer.co $10,300

Confirmed by DNJournal

Very high CPCs. Nice sales.

More .co sales at Sedo:

mev.co $2,905
neuro.co $1,000

---------- Post added at 04:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 AM ----------

Recent sales are proving that .co is a great alternative for companies and start-up companies that are on a limited budget. The price ranges are testament to that.

Really nice sales!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back