NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Only about 100k 'great' keywords imho. Maybe another 500k 'good' ones.

Sorry, I got carried away. I think there's 50,000 GREAT keywords.. lol. and 550,000 good ones (including Spanish in this instance)

Thanks for the correction.

•••
There may be 100K or 500K great keywords but how many have real resale potential ? Not 1% of them.

•••
Are you just saying you will catch them when the reservation end time is met? Meaning that if anyone else buys a backorder you won't even try?

I don't think you are saying you are competing with the $85 for the same "reservation" as this would cost you a minimum of $43 out of pocket.

Just clarification.
No, I will not be putting through a reservation like the registrars, but will be trying to register the domains once they drop if they didn't have a reservation on them.

There are definitely good domains which drop without reservations. $85 is a fairly high sum and domains fall through the gaps.

•••
Just on the keywords issue, these are the latest cross TLD comparison stats for domains registered in com/net/org/biz/info/mobi/asia/tel:

| CNOBIMAT | 26524 |
| CNOBIMA- | 32444 |
| CNOBIM-T | 36160 |
| CNOBIM-- | 243543 |
| CNOBI-AT | 4519 |
| CNOBI-A- | 25515 |
| CNOBI--T | 27812 |
| CNOBI--- | 689071 |
| CNOB-MAT | 898 |
| CNOB-MA- | 1667 |

The top pair are domains that are registered in all TLDs. These would be the really valuable domain names and while some are brand names and trademarks, there are many generic keywords in the lists. There are linguistic and cultural influences at work too so it is not just English language keywords that are popular.

Regards...jmcc

•••
There may be 100K or 500K great keywords but how many have real resale potential ? Not 1% of them.

So this is a forum dedicated to an industry that has only 1000-5000 assets considered to have resale potential?

Of course.. not 1% means it could be between 0% and 100% - just not 1% which is not a very brave statement :)

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Just on the keywords issue, these are the latest cross TLD comparison stats for domains registered in com/net/org/biz/info/mobi/asia/tel:

| CNOBIMAT | 26524 |
| CNOBIMA- | 32444 |
| CNOBIM-T | 36160 |
| CNOBIM-- | 243543 |
| CNOBI-AT | 4519 |
| CNOBI-A- | 25515 |
| CNOBI--T | 27812 |
| CNOBI--- | 689071 |
| CNOB-MAT | 898 |
| CNOB-MA- | 1667 |

The top pair are domains that are registered in all TLDs. These would be the really valuable domain names and while some are brand names and trademarks, there are many generic keywords in the lists. There are linguistic and cultural influences at work too so it is not just English language keywords that are popular.

Regards...jmcc

Thanks :) That's a lot of BIZ domains which I find shocking. I think you'll find that most people in this thread think you should included .CO has a TLD.

So it looks like 50,000 premium (registration perspective not resale value) and about 500,000 meeting decent criteria before you get to the CNO only group (which may be small because people automaticall register one of the others if they see CNO taken).

Interesting

•••
Thanks :) That's a lot of BIZ domains which I find shocking.
Actually some of it is down to the Full House approach of brand owners where they go for com/net/org/biz/info when they are registering their brand. The other factor is LLL domains.

I think you'll find that most people in this thread think you should included .CO has a TLD.
Yep. :) Going to be bigger than .com according to some people. However until IANA changes this: http://www.iana.org/domains/root/db/co.html it is still a ccTLD.

So it looks like 50,000 premium (registration perspective not resale value) and about 500,000 meeting decent criteria before you get to the CNO only group (which may be small because people automaticall register one of the others if they see CNO taken).
The CNO figure is 2,421,452. The biggest pair is CN with 6,000,389 domains.

Regards...jmcc

•••
Yep. :) Going to be bigger than .com according to some people. However until IANA changes this: http://www.iana.org/domains/root/db/co.html it is still a ccTLD.

Regards...jmcc

Why wouldn't it still be a ccTLD...I know I'm kinda out of the
loop but I didn't think I was that far gone!

Isin't .co the Country Code for Columbia?

•••
Why wouldn't it still be a ccTLD...I know I'm kinda out of the
loop but I didn't think I was that far gone!

Isin't .co the Country Code for Columbia?
Yes. But some people think that it should be treated like a gTLD since it has been repurposed as a global TLD even though the 'g' in gTLD does not stand for 'global' but that's a completely different issue. :) It get very confusing tracking over 130 million gTLD domains and about 18 million ccTLD domains.

Regards...jmcc

•••
It's simple rule. CO should be treated as a ccTLD COLOMBIA not COLUMBIA, so you will have success like the extension .de reinforced as an national brand in a country of 50,000,000 people.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
•••
Has the .co market gone very quiet?

Regards...jmcc

•••

Regards...jmcc

Not sure. I think everyone is off trying to make sense of the wacky backorder process!

•••
Is there anywhere to check the sale prices of recently sold dot Co's other than Namebio? :ghost:

Regards
Charles

8^X

•••

Regards...jmcc

That's a good question. The more I go looking for available .co, the less I find. To register and backorder.

---------- Post added at 07:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

Is there anywhere to check the sale prices of recently sold dot Co's other than Namebio? :ghost:

Regards
Charles

8^X

DnSalePrice.com

•••
Is there any pending delete list for the .CO ? if so, where?
thanks!

•••
Germany is a key player in world finance, research, design, exploration, education and on and on. They also have a stable government. Those are a few reasons that the .de extension will most likely survive and thrive. On the other hand, Colombia's very recent history of instability makes me wonder why people are so willing to throw money at the extension. Personally I own five or six .co's and that's as much money as I'm willing to risk on an extension that could be short for Colombia today and Coup tomorrow.

•••
Not sure. I think everyone is off trying to make sense of the wacky backorder process!
I think that it may have killed off the usual drop feeding frenzy. Perhaps COINTERNET was trying to be too innovative.

Regards...jmcc

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

That's a good question. The more I go looking for available .co, the less I find. To register and backorder.
Well you must not be looking too hard. :) Try some LLL.co domains, particularly the non-vowel ones. There are upwards of 73K domains expired.

Regards...jmcc

•••
[/COLOR]Well you must not be looking too hard. :) Try some LLL.co domains, particularly the non-vowel ones. There are upwards of 73K domains expired.

Regards...jmcc

Looking at drops there are some patterns that seem to stand out (just visual review - nothing clever):

"Most" singleWords are being taken
"All" LLL are being taken (a fair # dropping though)
"Most" Proper Nouns/Names are being taken
"Some" TMs are being taken

General Keyword names are being left alone. It's clear to me that there's a long way to go before multi-word domains are making it in .co (outside of obvious ones - MortgageLender/AutoInsurance etc etc)

The wise end user was a patient end user, imho.

•••
I think that it may have killed off the usual drop feeding frenzy. Perhaps COINTERNET was trying to be too innovative.

Regards...jmcc

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Well you must not be looking too hard. :) Try some LLL.co domains, particularly the non-vowel ones. There are upwards of 73K domains expired.

Regards...jmcc

Have looked through it. Nothing very interesting for me. For the ones I want, I am looking at paying at least $700.

•••
---------- Post added at 07:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

DnSalePrice.com

Thank you emjohn!

---------- Post added 08-15-2011 at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was 08-14-2011 at 11:50 PM ----------

Please excuse my rant above. Lack of sleep and frustration do not bring out the best in me.

jmcc asked ... Has the .co market gone very quiet?

IMO everything has gone very quiet. Hopefully it's just a mix of Summer and a bad economy. And if someone would throw a bucket of cold water on ICANN and the "New TLD Initiative" I think that we all would see more movement ... and money.

Best regards
Charles

•••
just looking around and found infoition.co and the .com directs to the .co

i'm finding these all the time

it's interesting...that's all I'm saying :)

•••
These are the preliminary results for the August .co websurvey. The stats should be completed later today. The number of responding websites in the survey was 558,066.

web type | websites | %websites
---------+----------------+---------+
Active/unclassified | 69811 | 12.4854
Brand protection | 10422 | 1.8639
Possibly compromised | 11 | 0.0020
Inpage Redirect | 2773 | 0.4959
External TLD Redirect | 40615 | 7.2638
Forbidden/not found | 6686 | 1.1958
Holding pages | 66373 | 11.8705
Internal site redirect | 18438 | 3.2975
Expired | 73111 | 13.0755
Premium reserved | 3409 | 0.6097
Exact Match TLD redirect | 18715 | 3.3471
Duplicate Content | 233 | 0.0417
PPC Parked | 227727 | 40.7279
Redirects (unclassified) | 1091 | 0.1951
For Sale | 5276 | 0.9436
Unavailable | 851 | 0.1522
Generic Adult | 104 | 0.0186
Redirect to other .co sites | 13497 | 2.4139

Regards...jmcc

•••
Pending Delete List

I'm sorry, but I've to repeat myself,

"Is there any pending delete list for the .CO ? if so, where?"

Thanks!

•••
Has there been any sales in the .com.co extension? What are our thoughts on this extension?

•••
I'm sorry, but I've to repeat myself,

"Is there any pending delete list for the .CO ? if so, where?"

Thanks!

name.com & namejet.com

Not sure if the registry packages one up nice and neatly. Might be other places. I don't really follow .co that much.

A significant number of domains were sold by GoDaddy early on so they will be in the auction there prior to dropping.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back