NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Movie.CO sold on Sedo for $12,000. At the Sedo Premium Auction it reached $2,000, resulting in reserve range not met.

•••
Here I don't agree with you. Who will spend more to buy a NNN? No way! these are no meanings! 856 stuff..

Look .tel owners did think similar numbers were gold because of click call.

But see now where is at.
Also things like 1-800-flowers.com is from the age of bronze now in the internet history.

Your statement that people won't "ever spend money" on NNN is way off. Case in point, most of the big search engines and internet portals in Asia reside on numerical domains (163.com is an example, it received something like 28 million visitors last year).

Numbers have different meanings for different cultures - there is a REASON why anything containing an "8" sells for a higher price most of the time...it's an extremely lucky number in China (whereas "4" is not).

Obviously .CO is nothing compared to .COM so you can't really stack it against NNN.COM, but the fact is, yes, people pay money for numerical domains. If used properly, a number stands as much of a chance of being brandable as a generic keyword!

One of the offers I've gotten on 245 (dot) co (purchased because of how much the .com sold for, look it up) was from Poland. Both offers that have come in on 8/5/5 (no slashes) have been from Chinese buyers.

I guess since the aftermarket is still in its infancy, it's impossible to tell. A domain is ultimately worth how much someone will pay for it. I'd place NNN as equal to or slightly higher than LLL.co, depending on the name, but lower than keywords in general.

•••
I guess since the aftermarket is still in its infancy, it's impossible to tell. A domain is ultimately worth how much someone will pay for it. I'd place NNN as equal to or slightly higher than LLL.co, depending on the name, but lower than keywords in general.

I am not a big NNN buyer, in any extension, but I tend to agree.

While there are 17,676 LLL.co, there are only 1000 NNN.co

The lower quality NNN.co are going to be worth more than the lower quality LLL.co

Brad

•••
I am not a big NNN buyer, in any extension, but I tend to agree.

While there are 17,676 LLL.co, there are only 1000 NNN.co

The lower quality NNN.co are going to be worth more than the lower quality LLL.co

Brad

Wow I'm learning new thing here about china stuff but chinese is small market compare to U.S. Also how will you negociate if you don't speak chinese? hire a translator?

Last edited:
•••
Wow I'm learning new thing here about china stuff but chinese is small market compare to U.S. Also how will you negociate if you don't speak chinese? hire a translator?

Next lesson should be in Geography and Economics :)

Platforms like Sedo/GoDaddy which deal strictly with a monetary negotiation make this easy.

There is an NNN market and if you price it right it will be sold. Chinese don't same payment methods so not all platforms are created equal in terms of accepting payment.

•••
.co hits one million regs

pressrelease on cointernet.co

•••
pressrelease on cointernet.co

I was thinking about this yesterday, thought the registry had forgotten to release the numbers LOL.

.CO Bursts Through 1 Million Domain Milestone
Code:
http://www.cointernet.co/media/press-releases/co-bursts-through-1-million-domain-milestone

•••
I was thinking about this yesterday, thought the registry had forgotten to release the numbers LOL.

.CO Bursts Through 1 Million Domain Milestone
Code:
http://www.cointernet.co/media/press-releases/co-bursts-through-1-million-domain-milestone

Well, congrats to the registry although it doesn't really mean that much.

That number is sure to contract as the anniversary approaches and a lot of the garbage is going to be dropped with $20+ renewals.

Brad

•••
Well, congrats to the registry although it doesn't really mean that much.

That number is sure to contract as the anniversary approaches and a lot of the garbage is going to be dropped with $20+ renewals.

Brad

Yes, I believe that, regardless of all the possible marketing strategies, when you have to pay $20 (but even if it were $10) for a renewal, you think about it twice and so only those that have substance will be kept. Like it's always been after all.

•••
•••
Juan Calle CEO Of The .Co Registry: “The Price of One Character .Co Domains is Already North of $1.5 million”
Code:
http://www.thedomains.com/2011/06/02/juan-calle-ceo-of-the-co-registry-the-price-of-one-character-co-domains-is-already-north-of-1-5-million/

.CO Passes 1 Million Registration: “Look For Another Big O.CO Announcement On June 6th”
Code:
http://www.thedomains.com/2011/06/02/co-passes-1-million-registration/

•••
Juan Calle CEO Of The .Co Registry: “The Price of One Character .Co Domains is Already North of $1.5 million”
Code:
http://www.thedomains.com/2011/06/02/juan-calle-ceo-of-the-co-registry-the-price-of-one-character-co-domains-is-already-north-of-1-5-million/

.CO Passes 1 Million Registration: “Look For Another Big O.CO Announcement On June 6th”
Code:
http://www.thedomains.com/2011/06/02/co-passes-1-million-registration/

Guess it is time to ramp up the PR machine again with the upcoming anniversary.

They can ask what they want, but realistically who is going to pay $1.5M for Q.co?

Brad

•••

They can ask what they want, but realistically who is going to pay $1.5M for Q.co?

Brad

Her Majesty's Service R&D department?

Q Magazine?

Someone with a keyboard missing WERTY?

I think he's just saying that the "price went up" in marketing speak.

•••
I forgot the anniversary time. When the start of next year's mortgage bill?

•••

Brad

I believe he's laid it on thick a little bit, as part of the PR machine, anyway, in the case of Amazon, considering the magnitude of the buyer, I think they have spent an average of more than $350,000 per domain on their recent one-letter acquisitions.

I'm not a fan of one-letters, so a domain like Q.co is worth less than a one-(super)premium-keyword domain, if you ask me.

Her Majesty's Service R&D department?

Nice suggestion LOL

•••
I was going to say Qwest, since they have q.com but they're merging into another name. Some of these shorter names are becoming more popular because of all the url shorteners being used today but there are better ways to spend 1.5 million :)

•••
The NYTimes has dedicated an article to the 1,000,000 milestone as well
Code:
http://www.nytimes.com/external/readwriteweb/2011/06/02/02readwriteweb-co-domains-hit-the-one-million-milestone-47405.html

New .CO just $9.49 per year at GoDaddy with coupon geek949

New code: dcog949a1

•••
A tough one to call, but I would place the NNN.co range somewhat higher than the LLL.co. So we've seen anywhere from $500 to $2500 (roughly) ($15000 for BMR.co being somewhat of an exception) for end-user acromyms. Therefore I would place numbers between $800 and $3000. Although, it could be higher based on the end-user and how premium the number actually is. If you have a toll-free number, you may have to go into the negotiation using it as a selling point and go from there. Any records of your numbers selling in any other extension? Numbers with 8s, generally speaking, have more value than others. Remember a 3-Letter.co (Ski.co) just sold for twenty Gs. If you have a NNN.co that would be commensurate, you may be able to get more. Something like 886.co or 866.co would be equal to ski.co, IMO.

Also, what was your plan beforehand? Did you already have a number in mind over the past year?

Just my two sense.

emjohn, just curious why you mentioned these 2 numbers? Are you just going on the number 8 being very popular/lucky with the chinese?

886.co or 866.co

I know 886.com sold for around $60,000

•••
•••
---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
emjohn, just curious why you mentioned these 2 numbers? Are you just going on the number 8 being very popular/lucky with the chinese?

886.co or 866.co

I know 886.com sold for around $60,000

Hi Giles,

Actually there are a few factors going into it. 866 has been out as a toll free number since 2000 and that gives it instant recognition. A study done recently showed that 85% of US people recognize 866 as being toll-free. The recognition of the number itself gives 866.co value above the rest of the numbers. 800.co or 888.co would be an awesome one to have as well, IMO.

886 is the country code for Taiwan and of course the 8 is very popular with Chinese people because its considered to be lucky. I have seen NNN sales in the Chinese market with extensions such as .com , .cn, .net, .cc, and even .la, that are quite high. If .co continues to grow, we could see acceptance of NNN.co in the Chinese market as well.

As an added note about LLL, I believe MAI.com sold on the Chinese market for $85000 or something like that. Of course it has meaning in the language, but it also shows the breadth of opportunity there is in these markets. This is solid news for those who have premium LLL.co's and have solid plans for them.

Last edited:
•••
Frank Schilling’s expensive .com made me some nice cash

Nice article by Acro on .CO
Code:
http://acro.net/blog/domains/frank-schillings-expensive-com-made-me-some-nice-cash/

•••
Byrd.co currently on auction at Sedo - $250 with 1 day left.

•••
Today I found an addition to the stats we already knew (98% of registrants own 1-10 domains) which were obviously lacking some important additional information. It's now specified that these domains represent 80% of the namespace.
Code:
http://www.cointernet.co/sites/default/files/fact-1.jpg

•••
This all kind of reminds me of the NFL Draft (or any draft for that matter). Right afterwards you have all kinds of experts, fans, etc. grading the draft. This team got an A, this team did this or that. When the reality is, it takes a few years to really see who made the good picks.

•••
mtc.co and eno.co on Pre-Release at Namejet. 20 bidders already for each.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back