Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You're right even saw here on NP for $50-$20 without people buying it :(

So LLL.co value?

I think LLL in general, and especially in .CO are highly overrated by many domainers.

The base price for LLL.com is about $4,000, LLL.net about $400 - $500, LLL.org about $250 - $350. COM/NET/ORG all have actual liquid value.

The base price for LLL.co is $0.

A handful of LLL.co will sell to end users, but in reality unless the LLL.co has something special going for it they are not worth much as a reseller with $20 - $30 renewals.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
The base price for LLL.co cannot be less than reg fee, for obvious reasons. I think you are exaggerating to prove your opinion.

I think LLL in general, and especially in .CO are highly overrated by many domainers.

The base price for LLL.com is about $4,000, LLL.net about $400 - $500, LLL.org about $250 - $350. COM/NET/ORG all have actual liquid value.

The base price for LLL.co is $0.

A handful of LLL.co will sell to end users, but in reality unless the LLL.co has something special going for it they are not worth much as a reseller with $20 - $30 renewals.

Brad

•••
The base price for LLL.co cannot be less than reg fee, for obvious reasons. I think you are exaggerating to prove your opinion.

Of course it can be less than reg fee.

Domains are worth $0 if there are no buyers, regardless of what you paid.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Or course it can be less than reg fee.

Domains are worth $0 if there are no buyers, regardless of what you paid.

Brad

If you pay $30 and try and to sell it again, with no luck, and then let it drop, someone will have to pay $30 again to register. Consequently, will always have the base reg. value. Profit-wise, a domain can be worth 0, that much is true. Every domain has potential value automatically by virtue of 'potential' registration.

•••
If you pay $30 and try and to sell it again, with no luck, and then let it drop, someone will have to pay $30 again to register. Consequently, will always have the base reg. value.

I am sorry but what you pay for a domain has absolutely no impact on market value.

If I reg I-Like-Turtles.mobi is it all of a sudden worth what I paid? Of course not.

Brad

•••
I am sorry but what you pay for something has absolutely no impact on market value.

If I reg I-Like-Turtles.mobi is it all of a sudden worth what I paid? Of course not.

Brad

You are talking about aftermarket profits. I am talking about base value coming out of the registry. A domain coming out of the registry is worth the lowest reg. fee. Whether it is profitable in the aftermarket, well, that is something else.

As a matter of fact, EVERY domain coming out of the registry, including cars.com etc, is only worth reg. fee. The aftermarket is what determines value above reg fee.

•••
You are talking about aftermarket profits. I am talking about base value coming out of the registry. A domain coming out of the registry is worth the lowest reg. fee. Whether it is profitable in the aftermarket, well, that is something else.

As a matter of fact, EVERY domain coming out of the registry, including cars.com etc, is only worth reg. fee. The aftermarket is what determines value above reg fee.

Feel free to believe what you want.

The bottom line is a turd domain is worth $0, in any extension, regardless of what you paid the registry for it.

Brad

•••

Ok here we go! The slate is clean and it's the first nano-seconds of the .com landrush. I am lucky enough to gobble up cars.com and you opt for iwishiownedcars.com. You're honestly going to say these 2 domains are valued the same (reg fee)?

Some domains have value above reg fee even before they get snapped up during landrush. That's why the same names always get grabbed instantly, such as poker.whatever. Unfortunately many domains get registered at reg fee and cannot be sold on the aftermarket for $1. To say every registered domain is worth reg fee is silly :imho:

•••
Feel free to believe what you want.

The bottom line is a turd domain is worth $0, in any extension, regardless of what you paid the registry for it.

Brad
If domainers and LLL.co owners thinks like you than we must drop all of our LLL.co
No seriously, it never can be worth $0!

I'm sure it could worth $500+ within 2 years but at bottom $500 it's not big profits because renewal fees are high. ex:4 years renewal (2010-2013)=average $100 but still making 4Xmore than renew. fees.

Now more you have more profits you get.

•••
If domainers and LLL.co owners thinks like you than we must drop all of our LLL.co

I'm sure it could worth $500+ within 2 years but at bottom $500 it's not big profits because renewal fees are high. ex:4 years renewal (2010-2013)=average $100 but still making 4Xmore than renew. fees.

Now more you have more profits you get.

First of all low quality LLL.co are not going to realistically be worth $500 in 2 years, maybe not ever.

Also, when did I say drop all your LLL.co?

As I stated above -

If you have high quality LLL.co it is different than owning (50) QZX.co quality domains.

Then an "asset" turns into a liability.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I agree with Brad. Low quality LLLs are undesirable. As I've written above, drop (or, if you can, sell before renewal date) all of your LLL.COs containing undesirable letters.

•••
@bmgford sorry misunderstood your sentence.
Things are clear now.

It reminds me a domainer that host a live show on his .tv website (morgan L.):
Drop!, Drop!, Drop! :)

•••
•••
Was that you that got them?

Just checked on the auction platform and wooo, some genious domainers are selling "reg fee" .co and making money that way as the auction platform is for newbies and they jump to these .co

•••
In fact, a LLL.co or any other type of domain can be worth LESS than $0.
How ?
If you pay $30 for the initial reg then do not renew the domain, you've lost $30 plain and simple. Of course, renewing the domain for 5 years out of hope to eventually let it drop will only increase the losses.

Now we all drop names that don't sell. It's okay as long as your revenue more than offsets the losses.
Domaining is also about balancing your assets and eliminating unfavorable positions (cutting losses).

As Brad said, pretty much all LLL.CNO are liquid. For other extensions, that is less certain.

Fluke sales always occur, but it becomes a matter of relying on luck rather than wise investing.

Renewal time will be painful for the holders of 100% speculative portfolios.

$500 in 2 years ? I don't believe it.
Look at the value of LLL.us/.mobi/.biz/.asia etc. Good combos hardly sell for mid-$$... when they sell.

Yeah, I know .co is different.

But .us & .biz have been around for nearly a decade, so they are somewhat 'established'. Much more than .co anyway.

•••
Totally agree, luck is really important but don't think it's speculative, you can hang for 5 years with any domains and din't sell, let it drop, someone grabs and Bam! sold to a end user for a $xxxx amount, then you say F***!
That did happen to many domainers here. So based on LLL domains it's part of luck. Then after years if the tld will not be public interest like .mobi, .biz... you'll find dropped LLL and worth reg fee even those premiums.
Now, why I'm saying that could worth $500 simply because the actual trend is .co (business.co, o.co...) when those sells xxxxx$ it can't really decline on value. Compare time period+domains sold+total value of all domains on 2 years since launch with all other tlds. Not to include .com of course. What will come out? .co over .biz, .me, .net, .info...
Like in stock market these are indications. Speculation? Maybe but when you see value it stays stable or higher for future. Look with stock market, Google value will always stay as high as introduction.... Now Linkedin see what stock traders think about it, analyse and take action!

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
If you pay $30 and try and to sell it again, with no luck, and then let it drop, someone will have to pay $30 again to register. Consequently, will always have the base reg. value. Profit-wise, a domain can be worth 0, that much is true. Every domain has potential value automatically by virtue of 'potential' registration.

I think you are confusing value with cost. An item can have a positive cost but a negative value.

But lets draw this truth from this.. "To Emjohn, ALL .co domains have positive value"..

•••
Ok here we go! The slate is clean and it's the first nano-seconds of the .com landrush. I am lucky enough to gobble up cars.com and you opt for iwishiownedcars.com. You're honestly going to say these 2 domains are valued the same (reg fee)?

Some domains have value above reg fee even before they get snapped up during landrush. That's why the same names always get grabbed instantly, such as poker.whatever. Unfortunately many domains get registered at reg fee and cannot be sold on the aftermarket for $1. To say every registered domain is worth reg fee is silly :imho:

Dude,

The registries are systemic organization and the requisite of the aftermarket. Technically, cars.com could be dropped and someone can register it for $8. It's the aftermarket and notoriety that gives it multimillion dollar value. Every domain sitting in the registry has a certain 'potential' and that will be no less than reg fee. Cars.com is obviously worth millions because of the perceived market value and the number of searches.

---------- Post added at 03:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 AM ----------

I think you are confusing value with cost. An item can have a positive cost but a negative value.

But lets draw this truth from this.. "To Emjohn, ALL .co domains have positive value"..

Please don't put words in my mouth. I was clarifying the confusion (see above). The splitting of hairs cannot take away the fact that you must pay to register a domain. If no one is willing to pay anything for it in the aftermarket, it doesn't mean it has negative value (BTW that is academic garbeldiegook). It only means no one is willing to pay that amount of money for it. I believe Brad was talking earlier about 'perceived' value but the registry fee must also be considered. That's why it's better to let domains drop than take less than reg fee for it. If someone actually wants it on the aftermarket but ones to chisel less than reg. fee, I would let the thing drop and let the chiseler try and catch it on the drop or wait for hand reg..

---------- Post added at 03:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 AM ----------

I agree. It's really great to see these prices for the .co domains. Really isn't out of whack and lends itself to a slow, stable growth, much unlike other new extensions.

Totally agree, luck is really important but don't think it's speculative, you can hang for 5 years with any domains and din't sell, let it drop, someone grabs and Bam! sold to a end user for a $xxxx amount, then you say F***!
That did happen to many domainers here. So based on LLL domains it's part of luck. Then after years if the tld will not be public interest like .mobi, .biz... you'll find dropped LLL and worth reg fee even those premiums.
Now, why I'm saying that could worth $500 simply because the actual trend is .co (business.co, o.co...) when those sells xxxxx$ it can't really decline on value. Compare time period+domains sold+total value of all domains on 2 years since launch with all other tlds. Not to include .com of course. What will come out? .co over .biz, .me, .net, .info...
Like in stock market these are indications. Speculation? Maybe but when you see value it stays stable or higher for future. Look with stock market, Google value will always stay as high as introduction.... Now Linkedin see what stock traders think about it, analyse and take action!

Last edited:
•••
Hey, guys, need some input. What would you value NNN.co at? I've had some inquiries on two names, one of which is one of the toll-free extensions in the U.S. I know we've seen LLL sales in a very wide range, but where would you place NNN?

Thanks!

•••
Hi NLP,

A tough one to call, but I would place the NNN.co range somewhat higher than the LLL.co. So we've seen anywhere from $500 to $2500 (roughly) ($15000 for BMR.co being somewhat of an exception) for end-user acromyms. Therefore I would place numbers between $800 and $3000. Although, it could be higher based on the end-user and how premium the number actually is. If you have a toll-free number, you may have to go into the negotiation using it as a selling point and go from there. Any records of your numbers selling in any other extension? Numbers with 8s, generally speaking, have more value than others. Remember a 3-Letter.co (Ski.co) just sold for twenty Gs. If you have a NNN.co that would be commensurate, you may be able to get more. Something like 886.co or 866.co would be equal to ski.co, IMO.

Also, what was your plan beforehand? Did you already have a number in mind over the past year?

Just my two sense.

Hey, guys, need some input. What would you value NNN.co at? I've had some inquiries on two names, one of which is one of the toll-free extensions in the U.S. I know we've seen LLL sales in a very wide range, but where would you place NNN?

Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
Hi NLP,

A tough one to call, but I would place the NNN.co range somewhat higher than the LLL.co. So we've seen anywhere from $500 to $2500 (roughly) ($15000 for BMR.co being somewhat of an exception) for end-user acromyms. Therefore I would place numbers between $800 and $3000. Remember a 3-Letter.co (Ski.co) just sold for twenty Gs. If you have a NNN.co that would be commensurate, you may be able to get more. Something like 886.co or 866.co would be equal to ski.co, IMO.

Also, what was your plan beforehand? Did you already have a number in mind over the past year?

Just my two sense.

Thanks. These were ones I was planning on keeping for at least 2-3 years. I don't see NNN.co as being comparable to Ski.co, because that keyword represents an entire very profitable industry.

However, I know most of the people with NNN.co aren't selling right now, which is why we don't have much of a basis. There are so few out there.

I guess considering I was planning on holding onto these, it's really at my discretion. It's just interesting - offers and expectations seem all over the map, both on the part of buyers and sellers. Like you said, there's a huge range.

•••
Hi NLP,

A tough one to call, but I would place the NNN.co range somewhat higher than the LLL.co. So we've seen anywhere from $500 to $2500 (roughly) ($15000 for BMR.co being somewhat of an exception) for end-user acromyms. Therefore I would place numbers between $800 and $3000. Although, it could be higher based on the end-user and how premium the number actually is. If you have a toll-free number, you may have to go into the negotiation using it as a selling point and go from there. Any records of your numbers selling in any other extension? Numbers with 8s, generally speaking, have more value than others. Remember a 3-Letter.co (Ski.co) just sold for twenty Gs. If you have a NNN.co that would be commensurate, you may be able to get more. Something like 886.co or 866.co would be equal to ski.co, IMO.

Just my two sense.
Here I don't agree with you. Who will spend more to buy a NNN? No way! these are no meanings! 856 stuff..

Look .tel owners did think similar numbers were gold because of click call.

But see now where is at.
Also things like 1-800-flowers.com is from the age of bronze now in the internet history.

•••
If anyone is interested in a .CO only newsletter, then please check out MyCheap[.]CO

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back