NameSilo

Cheapest .com Domain + Privacy?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sabre

First Time Poster!Top Member
Impact
Considering moving away from Godaddy as the high cost for privacy is a little too much for my liking. Are there any (reputable) domain registrars that offer domain + privacy for cheaper than GoDaddy?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Have you looked at Namesilo.com?

•••
i think switcheroo and privacyplease are still working at Name.com. That would be just 7.99 transfer net cost all in all.

•••
i think switcheroo and privacyplease are still working at Name.com. That would be just 7.99 transfer net cost all in all.

Yup they still work :)

Name Silo is another good option and coupon code BUCKOFF will take a buck off the price.

•••
namecheap.com may be a solution as it will provide whoisguard for first year at about $3.

•••
Whoisguard for first year at namecheap, is FREE. Not $3.

•••
Whoisguard for first year at namecheap, is FREE. Not $3.

coupon code WGSPECIAL will bring those whoisguard renewals down to 99 cents each BTW ;)

•••
coupon code WGSPECIAL will bring those whoisguard renewals down to 99 cents each BTW ;)
That's nice. But a transfer to Name.com would still be unbeatable at 7.99.

You would really need to move domains around, to take advantage of transfer discounts. Like i have to move my domains AWAY from Godaddy, so that i can transfer them all back using the 1.99, 2.99, and 4.95 coupons. :D

•••
You would really need to move domains around, to take advantage of transfer discounts. Like i have to move my domains AWAY from Godaddy, so that i can transfer them all back using the 1.99, 2.99, and 4.95 coupons. :D

I actually don't like Godaddy that much, so I do the opposite... $1.99 domain at godaddy, then 61 days later they all get transferred out :lol:

•••
Hey lothos, don't they have any Thanksgiving jaw-droppers at Name to give to us? Godaddy and Namecheap are already giving out. I have some domains i really like to get renewed there.

•••
Hey lothos, don't they have any Thanksgiving jaw-droppers at Name to give to us? Godaddy and Namecheap are already giving out. I have some domains i really like to get renewed there.

nothing I've seen yet today. They might have a special tomorrow for black friday.

There's a cyber monday deal coming up but I don't think it's good on renewals. Dynadot doesn't do a lot of renewal coupons either but they had one today for Thanksgiving :)

'CYBERFUNDAY' for 20% off all new registrations, hosting, and PageZen websites at Name.com on Monday

I'm posting deals to my fb and twitter around the clock this weekend. Great source to stay updated on Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals :D

•••
Dynadot doesn't do a lot of renewal coupons either but they had one today for Thanksgiving :)
I checked out their Twitter just now. Special Thanksgiving promo code to get 35 cents off renewals. :O

•••
Checkout Internet.bs! They offer Free Privacy and great pricing.

•••
•••
So I've got;

NameCheap

$10.69 year / reg
$0 Privacy for first year, $2.88 after that

Name.com

$10.99 year / reg
$3.99 year / privacy

NameSilo

$8.99 year / reg
Free privacy

Internet.bs

$8.49 year/reg
Free privacy

I found NameSilo hard to transfer out of so I'll probably give them a miss (though they do seem very competitively priced)

Internet.bs I haven't heard of before, so not really sure I would trust them with my entire portfolio

Name Cheap I have used in the past and found them to be very good, but obviously more expensive than the other two.

Name seems to be the most expensive.

So... the choice seems to be NameCheap or NameSilo?

As alien51 said, I'm looking for an attractive base cost. I don't have time to run my domain portfolio on vouchers so I don't want to base my decision on the speculation that X registrar will have more attractive vouchers :)

Hmmmm.........

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

You can't beat today's Namecheap Black Friday transfer deal - $0.98

326 left with a max of 10 per person. I just transferred 10 myself.

http://www.namecheap.com/promos/2012/black-friday-cyber-monday-deals.aspx

Impressively, I clicked on that page with '200 left', refreshed 2 minutes later and they had all gone. Nice :blink:

•••
As alien51 said, I'm looking for an attractive base cost. I don't have time to run my domain portfolio on vouchers so I don't want to base my decision on the speculation that X registrar will have more attractive vouchers :)
Well, you said your are looking for TRANSFER pricing.

Regular TRANSFER pricing at Name.com is just 8.25. No coupon speculation needed. If you want to bring it down to 7.99, use the LOOONG-running coupon switcheroo.

And the free privacy coupon at Name, is not speculation either. It has never expired for 2 years now. Changed the code only once.

I'm not sure why you would trade an 8-dollar sureball transfer for a 10-dollar.

•••
How many domains do you want to transfer? We can arrange a 10%-20% money back at your www.domain.gs account of the total amount of money spent.
Whois privacy is free.

•••
Internet.bs I haven't heard of before, so not really sure I would trust them with my entire portfolio

I've used internet.bs for maybe 3 years now and I have 40 domains there. Great registrar, no problems here at all.

•••
I'm more interested in the renewal pricing + privacy costs. I only have around 100 domains to transfer, but will be registering around 200 a year minimum, ongoing so need a good general purchase/renewal pricing structure.

Thus the confusion regarding the best option.

How do you find the transfer process / customer service at internet.bs, lothos?

•••
I'm more interested in the renewal pricing + privacy costs. I only have around 100 domains to transfer, but will be registering around 200 a year minimum, ongoing so need a good general purchase/renewal pricing structure.

NameSilo and internet.bs have the lowest renewal prices, both include free privacy. Coupon code BLACKFRIDAY2012TRANS for $3 off a transfer to namesilo (today only), and BUCKOFF (never expires) for a buck off.

Transfers into/out of internet.bs are smooth as butter :) Customer service is pretty good.

•••
Interesting - have you used NameSilo? I found transferring out to be a total pain but I am hoping the rest of their offering is a little better?

•••
Interesting - have you used NameSilo? I found transferring out to be a total pain but I am hoping the rest of their offering is a little better?

I've used namesilo, I have a few domains there. Haven't tried transferring out yet, but I'm happy with them.

•••

Thank you for the reply

If you choose www.domain.gs you will get 10% money back for your transfers and 10% money back at your account for your registrations.
Assuming the domains (transfer/registration) are .com, current prices are $8.45 for registration and transfer. Free whois is included in both cases.
10% money back at your account means $0.845 per domain (.com) will be added at your account as credit, which can be used for any other purchase inside Domain.gs
Some of our customers enjoyed this offer and registered 100 domains in one time.

This offer is available only for bulk purchases. Please contact support(@)domains.gs if you have any question.

•••
I am with NameSilo (for full disclosure) and we recently released a new web site called RegistrarOwl.com. You can find unbiased and transparent pricing comparisons on that site (http://www.registrarowl.com/report_registrar_price_comparison.php). We include links to exactly where we found pricing information on each registrar's site so you can ensure we are only reporting what registrars have published.

Regarding transferring away from our service being a pain as @Sabre has said above, that is the first I've ever heard of that and would love some feedback as to what the problem(s) were. We are one of only a very few registrars that actually allows approving of outbound transfers so they can be completed within minutes as opposed to the typical 5-6 days. We also make unlocking domains simple and retrieving EPP auth codes are simply accomplished by one-click in the account area or by downloading a CSV of all domains via the domain manager.

•••
I've never been a Namesilo customer before. Looking at the pricing, and given the free privacy to boot, it looks promising and attractive.

One thing that interests me is that the Renewal price is the same as the Transfer price. It's not jacked-up to 10 dollars, unlike with Name and Godaddy where i am forced to transfer out because renewal becomes more expensive than transfers.

Isn't Namesilo losing money over this? I don't want a registrar to go bankrupt due to rock-bottom pricing and my portfolio is trapped in there.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back