NameSilo

Buy a domain from GoDaddy Closeout for a low price

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

brandii

Established Member
Impact
Hello guys,

Is there any way to purchase this domain from GoDaddy Closeout for less than this price?
For example this domain lewisrisk.com is its current price 5$+21.99$

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can wait for it to drop and then buy it for reg fee.

•••
•••
Closeout is your best chance. $27 is a great deal if the domain is important to you

•••
•••
Closeout is your best chance. $27 is a great deal if the domain is important to you
Thanks @mdent I only gave an example with this domain, I want to buy many domains which means the cost will be high, and if there is any way to buy them at a low price, it will make a difference

•••
Alright. Become a member of Godaddy DDC and you would get it for $5 + $9.63.
@DrJacoby Is this it true, DDC is only used for new domains, renewals, and transfers, Have you ever subscribed to DDC and purchased at this price from Closeout?

•••
You should buy this domain if you do not want to fight multi dropcatch services

•••
@DrJacoby Is this it true, DDC is only used for new domains, renewals, and transfers, Have you ever subscribed to DDC and purchased at this price from Closeout?
Yes, when you buy from closeout, you have to pay for a year’s renewals, and the DDC discount applies to that — mentally, I’ve adjusted that “$5 closeout” equals “14.63 total”, “$11 closeout” equals “$20.63 total”, and so on

•••
•••
Does anyone know if there are still any ways to get the discount club for a lower price? I remember years ago, a member here had a method with specific coupon codes and a whole process.. I'll test out some coupon codes, but just checking if anyone has any tips in the meantime.

•••
Does anyone know if there are still any ways to get the discount club for a lower price? I remember years ago, a member here had a method with specific coupon codes and a whole process.. I'll test out some coupon codes, but just checking if anyone has any tips in the meantime.
That trick was working due to a VISA exchange rate error in ARS: Tourist Dollar. I don't think any such loop holes still exist.

•••
That trick was working due to a VISA exchange rate error in ARS: Tourist Dollar. I don't think any such loop holes still exist.
Thanks for the info!

Also looks like a lot of the current coupon codes are specifically for domains or hosting, not the "save xx% off your order" ones that I seem to remember from the past.

Anywoo, I don't want to derail the thread with my frugality, if I come across anything that works to get DDC for less, I'll update.

•••
You stated you are interested in buying a significant number of domains.
Coupons WILL not WORK for more than 1 or 2 domains.
In your situation, godaddy DDC would be the best bet, since it would work with unlimited domains.

Last edited:
•••
In your situation, godaddy DDC would be the best bet, since it would work with unlimited domains.
Exactly - breakeven on DDC membership is 24 .com purchases a year, or 2/month.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back