BODIS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Probably a bad joke. Deleted to be on the safe side :)

Last edited:
•••
I agrre with Teguh123. The reason they were testing I am guessing was that they wanted to see which domains with poor clicks will perform better on zero click model. My domain with 50 clicks per day was not affected by the zero click model.

•••
I add new domain never banned by google,but bodis still show zero click.This domain has 40-50 visitor per day from sedo.at least 5 click.When I added bodis,no click .I think it's time move out my domain from bodis.

•••
i've just added another domain to bodis.. it have thailand traffic..

when i click on the preview to see the lander about a domain on my account i'm always redirected to a CPA page.. what happened to the parking lander?

if i go to the domain url i see the right parking page but in that way i can't see the preview in order to select the best..

•••
They must have been testing something. Recently impression counts and fluctuates a lot. I used above.com and things got back to normal.

My friend notified me that his stats fluctuate from $14 per day to $1.25 per day. Then we set up above.com for him and it goes back up to $12 per day. Everything else is the same.

I notified [email protected] at bodis about this but haven't gotten replies. I know Matt is busy, but Yue used to be very responsive.

For the rest of you, use above.com service till this issue is fixed. I am sure this is not deliberate on their part. Also tell me the result.

As for banned domains, you may want to know that when domains are banned, google often chargeback. That means bodis LOST money. Bodis simply swallow the lost without telling you.

So to have people, with banned domains, complain about zero click is beyond me. You should be apologizing that your domain is banned.

Last edited:
•••
Easy guys, Matt is not going anywhere. I can assure you that he's just having some quality time out there, so let just wait with patience.

And for those who wants to move out their domains, well for your good, please.. think again.. :)

•••
Hi Teguh,

Theoretically, there is no difference between DNS parking and A-record parking.

Our main IP (199.59.241.188) was banned by China recently, so if you have big Chinese traffic, you see a big drop in stats. However, the A-record IP (199.59.241.250) is not banned, so there is no damage on users who are using A-record parking.

We are working on this issue. Hopefully we will find a solution for it soon.

p.s. Above.com sends traffic to our A-record parking IP, which is 199.59.241.250.

Yue

Okay guys.... Use above.com.

I'll stay at bodis, but use above.com. Don't just park directly for the time being.

Last edited:
•••
bodis.com is completely down for a very long time - any idea - any support ????

•••
•••
Yea I noticed that too. I think bodis is changing their name server IP to avoid blocking by chinese. I hope that's what's their doing.

In one hand I am glad they try to fix that. On the other hand, they seem to have technical difficulty.

Matt, where are you?

•••
hmm all domains down very long time. Matt!?

•••
Any update from Bodis? This downtime and lack of communication is not acceptable.

•••
•••
Any update from Bodis? This downtime and lack of communication is not acceptable.
A DDOS attack perhaps. Maybe they can't even send E-mail to their customers :guilty:

•••
A DDOS attack perhaps. Maybe they can't even send E-mail to their customers :guilty:

Could very well the case...let's hope they are back online soon.

•••
No DDOS here in Chicago. If so, response time would be several seconds, not miliseconds:

PING bodis.com (199.59.241.71) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 199.59.241.71: icmp_seq=1 ttl=117 time=36.2 ms
64 bytes from 199.59.241.71: icmp_seq=2 ttl=117 time=35.1 ms
64 bytes from 199.59.241.71: icmp_seq=3 ttl=117 time=36.2 ms
64 bytes from 199.59.241.71: icmp_seq=4 ttl=117 time=35.5 ms
64 bytes from 199.59.241.71: icmp_seq=5 ttl=117 time=35.8 ms
64 bytes from 199.59.241.71: icmp_seq=6 ttl=117 time=35.4 ms
64 bytes from 199.59.241.71: icmp_seq=7 ttl=117 time=35.7 ms
64 bytes from 199.59.241.71: icmp_seq=8 ttl=117 time=36.2 ms
64 bytes from 199.59.241.71: icmp_seq=9 ttl=117 time=35.7 ms
64 bytes from 199.59.241.71: icmp_seq=10 ttl=117 time=36.1 ms

•••
It started working a few hours ago. Now it's down again. Hmmm.

•••

The fact there is no communication means what ever is happening is pretty severe. I'd prefer for them to get things working again and then tell me whats going on. I have enough trust in Bodis to know they aren't going to run off.

•••
•••
It's kinda working now, my numbers seem way off today, and slightly off yesterday. My traffic is usually double what it is at this point in the day.

•••
Have you seen where some of your parked pages are going ?

•••
Not only things are working, ecpm is improving. Now I just need to figure out how to improve traffic.

•••
Ok...just read on DNF that it was indeed a DDOS attack. We'll be credited for loss of revenue.

•••
Hi Everyone! :)

I apologize for my absense from this forum. Things have come up in my personal life and did not have a lot of time to come here and offer support as in the old days.

I am hoping to be here again on a daily basis, however I am looking to hire dedicated account managers that can be here in case I can't in the future.

Recently we've had a DDOS or a "misconfigured botnet" attack our servers without end. One of the more severe cases I've seen and I was not equiped to handle such a spike in incoming traffic. After a certain period, we simply disconnected our servers from the web until I figured out a plan to mitigate the attack.

I am hoping this attack does not return, but I cannot guarantee that if it returns it will be automatically mitigated. To fully fix these issues in the future requires a bit of an investment (both financially and time).

I have went ahead and credited for any missing revenue during the attack.

Here are answers to previous questions:

Some of my domains at Bodis are set partly to zero click. I still didnt get respond from Matt. I believe low quality traffic is set to zero click to earn at least some cents per day and good traffic from G20 is experiencing a parked page. Some domains have 0 clicks but lets say 0.02 USD in the morning from single visitor, BUT later I get click for lets say 0.31 USD on a very same domain. So I believe they are optimized so, to earn the maximum out.

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

But I find zero clicks positive... Ive had a domain in gambling, which was getting 0.01 USD per click at others parking industries leaders. It was getting clicks really seldom. But its now set on Bodis on zero click and I am getting 0.06 USD from a single visitor. So it really matters if you have good keywords when the domain is set to zero click, or its just interesting for the advertisers.

We set the keywords for ZeroClick and optimize for the highest paying, so we do all the work on this. :tu:

As far as revenue without clicks, this would indicate ZeroClick. We only set ZeroClick on domains that are banned by G. My strong belief is that future of parking is ZeroClick only. And we rarely ever display PPC ads on domains that are banned by G.

wolfis.com said:
i also hate when they show zero click and ZERO revenue but many visits

This would mean that your visitors are not going anywhere but seeing a page with no ads or not clicking on the ads.

We do not give ANY traffic away for free. We have a minimum price that every ad provider / advertiser has to pay before we redirect the traffic. We receive bids in real time so we are able to determine if we want to send the traffic to the advertiser in real time.

A common misconception is that you are seeing a redirect for your geo/computer, but most your visitors may not be. Especially if they are from a different region where we may have no coverage.

We've been doing ZeroClick for nearly 2 years now on banned domain names. It is not something new, we simply increased the level of ZeroClick for a few weeks in July. But I have returned it to original levels.

The one thing that I will be adding is the for sale banner, even on ZeroClick pages. Currently ZeroClick is enabled on a very small % of domain names.

I hope to be here again every single day to offer good customer support and am in process of hiring an account manager to assist me as well. :tu:

Now time to read and reply to the gazillion unread PMs that I need to follow up on. :'( :p

Please feel free to ask any questions. I'd be happy to answer. :)

•••
Hi Everyone! :)

I apologize for my absense from this forum. Things have come up in my personal life and did not have a lot of time to come here and offer support as in the old days.

I am hoping to be here again on a daily basis, however I am looking to hire dedicated account managers that can be here in case I can't in the future.

Recently we've had a DDOS or a "misconfigured botnet" attack our servers without end. One of the more severe cases I've seen and I was not equiped to handle such a spike in incoming traffic. After a certain period, we simply disconnected our servers from the web until I figured out a plan to mitigate the attack.

I am hoping this attack does not return, but I cannot guarantee that if it returns it will be automatically mitigated. To fully fix these issues in the future requires a bit of an investment (both financially and time).

I have went ahead and credited for any missing revenue during the attack.

Here are answers to previous questions:

We set the keywords for ZeroClick and optimize for the highest paying, so we do all the work on this. :tu:

As far as revenue without clicks, this would indicate ZeroClick. We only set ZeroClick on domains that are banned by G. My strong belief is that future of parking is ZeroClick only. And we rarely ever display PPC ads on domains that are banned by G.

This would mean that your visitors are not going anywhere but seeing a page with no ads or not clicking on the ads.

We do not give ANY traffic away for free. We have a minimum price that every ad provider / advertiser has to pay before we redirect the traffic. We receive bids in real time so we are able to determine if we want to send the traffic to the advertiser in real time.

A common misconception is that you are seeing a redirect for your geo/computer, but most your visitors may not be. Especially if they are from a different region where we may have no coverage.

We've been doing ZeroClick for nearly 2 years now on banned domain names. It is not something new, we simply increased the level of ZeroClick for a few weeks in July. But I have returned it to original levels.

The one thing that I will be adding is the for sale banner, even on ZeroClick pages. Currently ZeroClick is enabled on a very small % of domain names.

I hope to be here again every single day to offer good customer support and am in process of hiring an account manager to assist me as well. :tu:

Now time to read and reply to the gazillion unread PMs that I need to follow up on. :'( :p

Please feel free to ask any questions. I'd be happy to answer. :)

Hey Matt i did send you a private message asking for the flashing sales banners, i gave my account details ........ nothing came of it ? ..............wondering why , thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back