IT.COM

Beware New Scammer On Dp...got Scammed Last Night 21 Lll.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I am furious, I just got scammed out of 21 LLLL.com Godaddy domains last night on DP. The users name was ASH. Check the profile here, its flawless. Here is the info that was provided for change of registrant:

Michael Stearns
1269 Rinehart Road
Miami
Florida
email: [email protected]

He/she claims to have a partner and that their email is:

[email protected]

These are the names that I lost:

LPZT
MXIK
NKXC
NQVG
OGZH
OWXD
PRZJ
PZSN
QHYO
GJCQ GoDaddy 2/18/08---->$59
PQHY GoDaddy 10/31/2008--->$59
PQYT GoDaddy 10/31/2008---->$59
UZRK GoDaddy 8/2/2008---->$59 (live site .ru)
BQPG GoDaddy 7/8/2008---->$84
FOQH GoDaddy 7/16/08----->$175 (Pronouncable)
EBZP GoDaddy 7/08/08----->$89 (Ending P can be "Partners")
DTQG
FJXA
TKZD
HFZR
QPYE

Any help from anyone is greatly appreciated. I already contacted BlowDaddy and GayPal they are absolutely no help. "Nothing we can do on our end"

GreenGambler was also scammed. I need those names, that was my income, I was relying on them to pay my tuition and rent next semester. This sucks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The funny thing is that all the domains that were stolen from me now have a PR1 ranking due to all the mass posting I have done everywhere!

•••
•••
I Think Username "image" May Be Suspect

Username "image" PM'd me with an asking-price offer for a LLL.info, including atp.info, dwp.info + a few others. Maybe some of you remember that sales thread. Anyway, yesterday I received an asking-price offer, asking for my paypal address. I noticed username "image" was a newbie, with only (1) piece of feedback. So I replied that I prefered to use escrow.com, and then "image" replied, "Don't know how to use, will not buy."

Haven't heard back from "image".

Beware

•••
Heynow, Image definitley seems to fit the "Image", no pun intended, of a scammer. Everyone stay away from IMAGE...people who decline to use Escrow just seem suspect.

*thanks filter

Last edited:
•••
fonzie_007 said:
Sorry to hear about this. I am not sure of all of the circumstances, but is Paypal somehow saying they will not pay you due to this scam? If so, you may want to try writing a letter to the Better Business Bureau. If this sort of thing happened with a credit card, you still should get paid for your services and the credit card company picks up the brunt of the fraulent activity.

Hope things work out.

That's not how credit card companies work. No matter where payment is made if the payer does a charge back the credit card company will retrieve the money back from the recipient. If using paypal or a similar service then they will in turn retrieve the money from you.

•••
I have suggested that someone step forward and become the lead in gathering information on this scammer. This gives everyone a central point to report to and get information from. I don't have the time, but I can help with coordination and hosting of a site to publish FACTUAL information on this.

I can also provide instruction on gathering of information and doing some investigating. Only the very smart scammers can really hide their tracks, and if they can, they aren't going to be stealing a few domains.

The more people that are involved, the more information we can assemble, and build a tight case against the scammers. These idiots only feel they can get away with this stuff because people are not aware of the tools, data, and resource that are available. Working to expose them may result in the return of stolen property, but it will for sure raise awareness and make it harder for it to happen to someone else.

Consider sending out a press release to inform the media. You can do this pretty effectively for $30-$40 at PRWEB.

Use the domain monitor at Domaintools.com You can get emails when the whois information on your domains change. For those that are stolen, you can see if the scammer sells the domain to someone else and then contact them.

I suggest documenting EVERYTHING and same all emails. When possible, get phone numbers and email addresses from the scammer. Chat about the weather and try to get their physical location, anything you can. Ask about other domains. See if you can get a fax number, etc.

If you have been taken, don't blame the payment provider or the registrar (Even if they suck). Ask questions, tell them your story, but don't get angry at them since you may need their help later. Do file scam reports online and with the local police if you know where the scammer is located. The more reports that are filed, the more they take it seriously.

In the case of domains, I suggest you document what happened and then sending it to the registrar where your domains are now hosted, the parking provided the scammer is using (with a personal note), and all other parking providers and sites that sell domains. Getting fax numbers and faxing the report of stolen domains to broker sites may also be effective. If the scammer cannot park or sell the domains, they are no longer something of value, but a liability.

I am not a lawyer or in law enforcement, but if this happened to me, this is what I would be doing, along with letters to ICANN. On the one hand, this is no different that scams like the Nigerians have been running for years, but unlike those scams, the domains don't just disappear, but are out in the open for all to see and have an information trail that can be followed.

•••
I feel so bad for you BGMV since I actually sold you some of the domains not long ago. :(

Anthony

:gn:

Last edited:
•••
Nielsencl, very infomrative post. the only problem is that as of now there is no tangible data on this guy. I mapquested the address and it doesnt even exist. I live about an hour away from that address and was going to stop by. Hes using a proxy so I dont think tracing him via IP is even possible. I have reported this case to all the proper places, even Ireport on CNN. The only place I have left to report is my local authorites, which can actually file a subpeona for any info that is collected by PayPal and GD.

There is alot of work to do any I have a limited amount time just like everyone else. There arent enough hours in the day for this monotonous bullsh1t. But I feel confident that this guy will slip and we will nail him

•••
peter@flexiwebhost said:
That's not how credit card companies work. No matter where payment is made if the payer does a charge back the credit card company will retrieve the money back from the recipient. If using paypal or a similar service then they will in turn retrieve the money from you.
I know that if someone's credit card was stolen , seller takes his money and people who was credit card stolen is not paying money , insurance company is paying the money but if the seller has not got business paypal account or doesnt sell via ebay , it is occur that paypal does not help the seller

•••
What the hell? DP closed this thread on their forums, WTF? This thread isnt closed, not a big help DP considering this all happened on your bullshit forum, nice security.

http://forums.DigitalPoint/showthread.php?t=704053

•••
vatsan said:
Thats really sad bgmv. Like Chris said, try using the godaddy form. Atleast we will get to know how bad they treat their customers. I have already started moving my domains out of godaddy. Btw ppl, digg this http://digg.com/tech_news/Paypal_and_GoDaddy_Support_and_Protect_SCAMMERS_I_D_THEFT . I am sure paypal or godaddy will see this someday and help him.

Vatsan,

Thanks for the link.

I just dug it.

I too was ripped off this week for $600. in the same stolen forum acct./PP/GD scam.

Robert

•••
RLKuhn101 said:
Vatsan,

Thanks for the link.

I just dug it.

I too was ripped off this week for $600. in the same stolen forum acct./PP/GD scam.

Robert

Can you give us the info as to what happened. Email of the scammer paypal/GD/address
Also the domain you lost.

•••
bgmv said:
What the hell? DP closed this thread on their forums, WTF? This thread isnt closed, not a big help DP considering this all happened on your bullshit forum, nice security.

http://forums.DigitalPoint/showthread.php?t=704053

Although I am not familiar with the Mod's on DP I felt that throughout this whole thing they offered very little, if any, support or help, i.e. Ip addresses of the scammers etc. They don't even have a warnings section over there, so threads were all over the place!

•••
Im pretty sure that they have the ability to trace the IP of the scammer who hijacked ASH's handle. (Im not completely convinced that it wasnt here though) They didnt even offer to help and now they are closing my thread thats preventing this from happening again...doesnt make sense. I mean the threads are still open here, I just dont understand why they would close it.

•••
bgmv said:
Can you give us the info as to what happened. Email of the scammer paypal/GD/address
Also the domain you lost.

I sold the domain UTEENS.COM 2/14 to a person on DP.

A couple of hours later after I transferred the domain to him, I went back on DP only to find that this person that I sold the domain name to used somebody elses DP account to make the transaction with me. (there were other members complaining that they got ripped off by him).

The real owner of the account I dealed with was alerting other forum members that not to deal with whoever it is that hacked into this mans DP account. ( the DP account that was hacked had a good iTrader rating)

GD refused to lock down the domain UTEENS.com so it isn't sold and transferred to another GD customer.

This is the GD register information provided to me by the buyer and on whois.

Registrant:
Brian Gordon
4117 Emeral Dreams Drive
Princeton, Illinois 61356
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: UTEENS.COM
Created on: 13-Mar-00
Expires on: 13-Mar-09
Last Updated on: 14-Feb-08

Administrative Contact:
Gordon, Brian [email protected]
4117 Emeral Dreams Drive
Princeton, Illinois 61356
United States

This is the PP email address of the account used:

[email protected]

PayPal placed the $600. on hold and said the charge was unauthorized and it is still supposedly under investigation which could take up to 60 days or more.

I've sent "him" several emails but get no response.

Robert

Last edited:
•••
it's similar to their undo email only good if it's working but not.
i have spent money on photocopies and scanning of my id government and sss id to no success.

still the scammer can get away and you're at it's mercy which we know scammer doesn't have that.

nielsencl said:
I'm on the phone with Godaddy. You can try [email protected]. I think you will need to provide all the information about the scam

Dispute on transfer away form
https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/pdf/TAdisputeform.pdf

This form is when someone has tranfered your domain away from you to another registar without your approval, but it may work in your case. I would explain what happened and ask that they make the scammer provide proof of payment.

Ok, the support rep got back to me and she now says that since the change of ownership was done at 0 dollars, it is a matter between you and the "buyer".

I would still try using that form above, but since you did approve the transfer it may not be effective.

I tried the phone number that you were given and it doesn't work now.

It's good that you reported this at Internet Crime Complaint Center as mentioned above, but I would also call the Miami police department and file a report there as well. Save all emails from the scammer. If you need some help with trying to track them down and gathering more information, please let me know, I'm glad to help....!

•••
I feel your pain RLKUHN, its basically helplessness. Theres all these people out there that have the ability to help us but cant due to laws which infringe upon their "ethics."

I THINK I GOT SOMETHING!!!!

CHECK THIS LINK TO DESIHACKERZ.COM -- HUGE LEAD

[email protected] was the owner of the paypal account that paid me. This guy HKSTEVE posted the username, and password the same day I got scammed.

Desi is Indian so its a possiblity that this dude is Indian and lives in Canada. I know not alot but we can trace HKSTEVE.

Also the IP address comes up in the address bar: 209.85.207.104, it leads to GOOGLE--> [email protected]

People are paying this guy for stolen paypal accounts!

Also look what his email is further down: [email protected]

Last edited:
•••
set up a simple web page with the domains and all the WHOIS details , emails etc. so that at least if he is trying to sell them someone may Google his details and find your page and your contact details - put adsense on there so google finds the page quickly

report the false WHOIS address to ICANN/GD so they hassle him to update the details - and keep doing so

some more info here:

http://209.85.207.104/search?q=HKSTEVE+stearns&hl=en&filter=0

Has anyone tried 'purchasing' any of these names back anonymously?

(or would that be classed as a criminal act?)

•••
AND GUESS WHERE IT ALL LEADS TO:

Registrant:
Mehboob Charania
216 Willow Pointe Dr.
League City, Texas 77573
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: ILLEGALBLOG.COM
Created on: 28-Apr-06
Expires on: 28-Apr-08
Last Updated on: 10-Feb-08

Administrative Contact:
Charania, Mehboob
216 Willow Pointe Dr.
League City, Texas 77573
United States
8322760754 Fax --

Technical Contact:
Charania, Mehboob
216 Willow Pointe Dr.
League City, Texas 77573
United States
8322760754 Fax --

•••
•••
further down the page on desihackerz link there was a post selling BARECONTENT.com which was confirmed stolen <Edited> by [email protected], the same email that i was scammed with

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
its for sale on sedo - I have sent this to my sedo pro contact to look at - they won't be happy about being 'involved' in this

i have decided to set up a simple site to track/list stolen domains:

www.stolendomains.info

feedback please if you think a good idea - or potential legal nightmare ..

need a good faith/disclaimer on there if anyone can help supply text

Last edited:
•••
Here is Mehboobs response on DP:

hey buddy, please do all your research before going out and posting my information here! May be a good place to start reading the previous topics on DP before you place false accusations on me. Go read post 158 on http://forums.DigitalPoint/showthread.php?t=700052&page=8
And read all the posts I have on there before. You will see that I bought a ton of domains from the scammer not knowing they were stolen. I returned them all at my expense but still have some domains left that noone has claimed including the ones u mentioned which show my whois. I have clearly stated on that link above that Im giving the domains back to the original owner and if you know who that is, please have them pm me and I will gladly return the domains I bought from the scammer for free. Other than that, I did not steal anymore domains, nor do I have anymore domains nor do I control any other paypal account except mine which is [email protected]
Thanks!

Apparently he gave up stealing domains. Now he just hacks paypal accounts.

•••
User "nowtutorials": Banned at DNF as:

graphicsgod
dobski08
rld07

For scams and abuse.

•••
things are heating up on DP check out these threads:
http://forums.DigitalPoint/showthread.php?t=704791&page=3

http://forums.DigitalPoint/showthread.php?t=706452&page=2

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back