IT.COM

Attn: All Sedo's Listings are Now Listed on GoDaddy

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
For those who are not aware of this.

As of this week all Sedo's Make Offer listings are now listed on Godaddy with a $60 minimum offer (Unless seller has a higher preset minimum offer)
Read Article

Since the beginning of the year Sedo's Buy Now listings have been listed on Godaddy but not the Make Offer listings.

Even if you haven't signed up with SedoMLS your domains will be listed at Godaddy.

All sales going through Godaddy to Sedo will have a 20% fee.
There is no option to deactivate this.
If you list your domains with Sedo then you automatically list your domains with Godaddy.

You can create your own sales listings with Godaddy if you choose and that will only be a 10% fee if they sell through Godaddy, but that maybe to much of a hassle for those who have hundreds or thousands of domains.

The extra exposure is great, but be prepared to pay a higher commission fee.

Now, I know someone here will say, "Just add 5% or 10% to your price"
We all know it doesn't always work out like that, a lot of the time the buyer pays what the buyer is willing to pay and not 5% or 10% more.

So there it is.
Good luck

:)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you park a name (depending on extension) at Sedo and it's sold @ 'buy now', then commision is 10%, no minimum. For example i've had one name sold with a $30 commision.

How can you pass that minimum commision? :rolleyes:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Source: sedo

Attachments

• SedoFee.png
    SedoFee.png
    61.1 KB · Views: 184
  • SedoFee2.png
    SedoFee2.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 174
•••
If it was a .com or other tier 1 then there is no min. If it is category 2 tld then there is a minimum commission on the sale, even if its a buy it now.

•••
Coincidentally, I just got an offer today and there is a minimum.

Option A: Confirm Offer - Sell Domain
Sell Domain at the agreed price: 60 USD
Sales Price: 60 USD
Less Sedo Fees: -50 USD (more details)
Amount to be paid: 10 USD

This buyer was referred by our SedoMLS partner GoDaddy.

Sales referred through our global SedoMLS Promotion Channel are subject to a 20% commission (minimum fee of 50 USD applies). If you sell this domain for 60 USD, Sedo’s sales commission will be 50 USD and you will earn 10 USD.

I have a feeling with the increased exposure at GoDaddy, we are all going to be getting inundated with useless $60 offers.

•••
Perhaps this explains why domains listed "for an offer" at Sedo, can't receive comments from GoDaddy-initiated transactions! Read this.

•••
How can you pass that minimum commision?

Minimum sale price does not apply to (for example) .com at 'Buy Now' as you can see in the second table, first row.

See screenshot of a random domain i sold earlier this year.

Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 72
•••
Just to let you know you can set a higher minimum offer at Sedo and it will reflect that over at Godaddy.

It takes about a day or so for it to make the change at Godaddy.
So if you dont want it to say $60 minimum offer then set a higher minimum.

:)

•••
I searched one of my names at GoDaddy to see what it shows.

mydomain.com is available through Go Daddy Auctions®!

Minimum Offer: $60.00 | Auction Ends: 11/23/2012 12:40:00 PM PDT | Need help? Call us 24/7 at 480-505-8892!
So one question I have is, as it was a Sedo-make offer listing, why does it show an auction end date/time?

•••
Sedo listings with $1,000 minimum are shown at GoDaddy with $500 min.
On top of that, what if one has names listed at Sedo and Afternic?

•••
sedo had a note that the MLS partner that got the offer for my domain was domaintools (not gd auction like I had guessed).

•••
•••
So one question I have is, as it was a Sedo-make offer listing, why does it show an auction end date/time?

I suspect that rather than write new code they spliced MLS into the auction system. The system seems non-functional at the moment, I am getting emails telling me to reset every domain that is searched over there.

I called Sedo, they know and are working on it.

•••
So I have been flooded with sub $100 offers from this partnership.

Here is how it normally goes -

10/08/12 Your Desired Price:
10/08/12 Buyer's Offer: 60 USD
10/11/12 Your Counter Offer: 4,995 USD
10/11/12 Buyer's Offer: 60 USD
10/11/12 You cancelled the negotiations

There needs to be an opt-out. I don't feel like dealing with so many garbage offers.

Brad

•••
I agree, I've gotten 6 offers since this thing started, all at the minimum.

So obviously the partnership IS working for them. And I now see first hand, with my own domains getting more offers than with them being just only at Sedo.

I guess I can look at this on the bright side, now I know for sure what domains of mine people are actually interested in.

•••
if I list a domain with godaddy auctions, will it then show up on sedo auctions?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back