Domain Empire

Anyone else registering 3D domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems that 3D is going to be the the next must have technology, according to the big brands, they are all launching 3D TVs.

I attempted to find good 3D names but the best domains are already taken, I think in 5 years time or even less, those generic 3D domains will be worth a lot. :imho:

Anyone else registering 3d domains? Do you think they have a future?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
TW and Comcast wouldn't develop it into an Amazon affiliate store. They have their own content, don't ya think?

Don't bother, he will not believe you :)

BTW, Thinking that domain with BANS & domainsbyproxy is sold for 24 mil just because of one or two anonymous comments on blogs are... well, funny.

•••
If I read it on the internet it must be true...

Brad

BTW, Thinking that domain with BANS & domainsbyproxy is sold for 24 mil just because of one or two anonymous comments on blogs are... well, funny.

•••
I'm trying to think of a time in the past when speculation worked for late stage registrations. The good 3D domains were taken years ago. So even the biggest pumpers in this thread were very late to their own party.

Now before the pumpers reply to this saying they are a special case, realize the industry you are dealing in. After the Chile earthquake and the Tsunami warnings went out, someone registered RebuildHawaii.com just to have their bases covered should something bad happen there. So no, 3D domains did not fly under the radar like you may think they did. This industry of wolves certainly knew about them. You just showed up late to scavenge through the garbage that the true forward thinkers didn't want.

•••
I'm trying to think of a time in the past when speculation worked for late stage registrations. The good 3D domains were taken years ago. So even the biggest pumpers in this thread were very late to their own party.

Now before the pumpers reply to this saying they are a special case, realize the industry you are dealing in. After the Chile earthquake and the Tsunami warnings went out, someone registered RebuildHawaii.com just to have their bases covered should something bad happen there. So no, 3D domains did not fly under the radar like you may think they did. This industry of wolves certainly knew about them. You just showed up late to scavenge through the garbage that the true forward thinkers didn't want.

Really what names were taken years ago how about a list and forget sex3d and toys3d.
I think its funny the line of all the good names were taken so don't bother.
That's a perfect followers attitude. Heck we mine as well just all just give up on life because everybody beat us to everything. That statement is totally ridiculous as you or me or anyone else does not know what a domain buyer will think when he buys a domain. There is absolutely no way to figure out what someone is going to buy and tveverywhere is a perfect example. Now I see some still need more proof it even happened well I can't help ya 2 sources say it happened either way 3D domains should fetch good money someday and there are thousands of buyers who back that up.

How about this dub why don't you post your portfolio of 3D domains lets see your thinking
Hows that sound.?

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

If I read it on the internet it must be true...

Brad

Correction It must be a possibility that it is true.
George Bush proved your theory.

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

CES: Dish Unveils (Another) TV Everywhere - Digits - WSJ

TW and Comcast wouldn't develop it into an Amazon affiliate store. They have their own content, don't ya think?

You know I could not figure out what the hell Amazon had to do with this thing.
To me it looks fake so I agree with you. If they bought the domain for 24 million it looks like a waste of money. I'm sure someone here can get a confirmation that this happened.

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Grow up dude.

•••
The 3D Founders

Here are the guys responsible for pushing the whole 3D TV Concept: 3DatHome.org

Their mission is to speed the commercialization of 3D into homes worldwide and provide the best possible viewing experience by facilitating the development of standards, roadmaps and education for the entire 3D industry - from content, hardware and software providers to consumers.

These are my kinda people!

•••
The Internet too, is rapidly becoming three-dimensional, with a combination of 3D and HTML, named "XML3D", enabling surfers to view web pages in 3D.

The game begins

Should that be 3dxml?
xml is going 3D so its the correct way .

Thats interesting. Its as I suspected that companies will put there name first with 3d after. Makes sense to me too.

•••
I guess what I was trying to say was that the 3D domains that were left over did not warrant this thread turning into what it has. You have told people they are future millionaires for domains they just registered. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. If anyone is going to make a million off of a domain then such a domain was surely registered before most people even had internet access.

Go look at DNjournal and see when the high priced domains were registered. Old domains don't always mean high prices, but high prices mean old domains (domains that were drop caught being the exception). The top 5 from the most recent report...

1. Metal.com $165,000 - 1995
2. StockPrices.com $60,000 - 1999
3. FederalAid.com $40,000 - 1999
4. Furniture.co.za $33,000 - 2001
5. FuneralHome.net $30,000 - 1997

There is a 0% chance we will see a domain in the top spot that was just registered. So you can forget about your million dollar dreams.

Any decent sales we see of these 3D domains are going to get a Results Not Typical asterisk next to them. In other words, just about every domain in this thread is going to have a disappointing sale even if 3D takes hold. You are going to be relying on those VERY FEW sales at the top to cover the regfees of the disappointing sales. This is a business model that a number of domainers use in mass quick flips. I can't imagine why anyone would use this same model, only hold the domains for years. Your ROI is blown by the renewal fees.

•••
Really what names were taken years ago how about a list and forget sex3d and toys3d.
That's a perfect followers attitude. Heck we mine as well just all just give up on life because everybody beat us to everything. That statement is totally ridiculous as you or me or anyone else does not know what a domain buyer will think when he buys a domain. There is absolutely no way to figure out what someone is going to buy and tveverywhere is a perfect example. Now I see some still need more proof it even happened well I can't help ya 2 sources say it happened either way 3D domains should fetch good money someday and there are thousands of buyers who back that up.

3Dgames.com -- regged 01/12/1996
3Dtv.com -- regged 03/04/1996
3Dgraphics.com -- regged 11/30/1995
3Dmonitor.com -- regged 01/24/2003
3Dvideo.com -- regged 10/14/2004
3Dlaptop.com -- regged 03/08/2005
3Dcellphone.com -- regged 03/08/2005
etc., etc., etc.

All the good names were taken YEARS ago.

•••
I'm trying to think of a time in the past when speculation worked for late stage registrations. The good 3D domains were taken years ago. So even the biggest pumpers in this thread were very late to their own party.Now before the pumpers reply to this saying they are a special case, realize the industry you are dealing in. This industry of wolves certainly knew about them. You just showed up late to scavenge through the garbage that the true forward thinkers didn't want.

Spot on Dub!!

And thats what those new to domaining fail to realise - especially those who go in with their ears wide shut.

Froy needs to learn one of the most important lessins in domaining - in fact I think its the most important lesson for beginners from one of the most well connected, most respected domain bloggers out there whose blog is refrred to as the bible of the domain industry, Ron Jackson of DNJOURNAL.COM:

(I also have had the good fortune to pick his brains in an interview I did with him back in 2006, and his comments regarding latest fashion trends were bang on with regards to .tv.)

Domain Name Journal - My First Year in the Domain Business.

In particular the following excerpt :

Still, it is possible to whittle that tuition fee down considerably by remembering one thing. You will rarely make money registering a name that has been available for more than a few minutes. I wasted several months combing through the daily list of dropped names at DeletedDomains.com. I just couldn’t understand why there was never anything good there, but not wanting to leave the keyboard empty handed, I would register a few anyhow.

The fact is the domain ocean is filled with ravenous creatures who gobble up every good domain name long before they hit the deleted list you are looking at. These guys are the industry’s killer whales and tiger sharks. You are the minnow.

So Froy, you need to understand the field that you are entering is not a level playing field. You need to think very much outside the box. Do you think that in 2001, people were not regging 3d names by the dozens. Do you really think the entire domaining industry missed the boat and along came Froy to clean up.

I feel sorry for the money you are throwing away. Why dont you sink it in shares or real estate or charity. It will at least have served some purpose.

Until you settle down and watch listen, learn, research, u wil forever be the epitome of THE FANBOY

Last edited:
•••
Thats interesting. Its as I suspected that companies will put there name first with 3d after. Makes sense to me too.

Me too some names get 3d first but IMO most get the name then 3D
That's why Im very pleased with our port.

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

I guess what I was trying to say was that the 3D domains that were left over did not warrant this thread turning into what it has. You have told people they are future millionaires for domains they just registered. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. If anyone is going to make a million off of a domain then such a domain was surely registered before most people even had internet access.

Go look at DNjournal and see when the high priced domains were registered. Old domains don't always mean high prices, but high prices mean old domains (domains that were drop caught being the exception). The top 5 from the most recent report...

There is a 0% chance we will see a domain in the top spot that was just registered. So you can forget about your million dollar dreams.

Any decent sales we see of these 3D domains are going to get a Results Not Typical asterisk next to them. In other words, just about every domain in this thread is going to have a disappointing sale even if 3D takes hold. You are going to be relying on those VERY FEW sales at the top to cover the regfees of the disappointing sales. This is a business model that a number of domainers use in mass quick flips. I can't imagine why anyone would use this same model, only hold the domains for years. Your ROI is blown by the renewal fees.

Why I will not agree with this is simple The New Internet will not work with the old rules.
This New Internet will mean new creative, complex websites with new creative names.
Gone are the toys.coms and the metal.coms and the buisness.coms IMO those are all finished in a few years. I see toysrus buying toyrus3d.com or buisness.com buying buisness3d.com.
This is not a follow the leader game like you are portraying it to be. It's easy to look back and say it was this way before so it's going to be the same this time around . You may be right or you may be wrong. Only time will tell.

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

These names suck and look at what they fetched.

0 chance ? Maybe you are saying this because you missed the boat and your vision is it's to late.
There is no way to know what is going to be in the top spot so by you saying 0 percent makes your claim worthless.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

3Dgames.com -- regged 01/12/1996
3Dtv.com -- regged 03/04/1996
3Dgraphics.com -- regged 11/30/1995
3Dmonitor.com -- regged 01/24/2003
3Dvideo.com -- regged 10/14/2004
3Dlaptop.com -- regged 03/08/2005
3Dcellphone.com -- regged 03/08/2005
etc., etc., etc.

All the good names were taken YEARS ago.

How about the good names registered years ago that were dropped and picked up last week?
That puts this theory to sleep. I have my eye on one now that expired and was registered years ago it's going down I will get it so does that mean it's a bad investment? NO Way,.

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Spot on Dub!!

And thats what those new to domaining fail to realise - especially those who go in with their ears wide shut.

Froy needs to learn one of the most important lessins in domaining - in fact I think its the most important lesson for beginners from one of the most well connected, most respected domain bloggers out there whose blog is refrred to as the bible of the domain industry, Ron Jackson of DNJOURNAL.COM:

(I also have had the good fortune to pick his brains in an interview I did with him back in 2006, and his comments regarding latest fashion trends were bang on with regards to .tv.)

Domain Name Journal - My First Year in the Domain Business.

In particular the following excerpt :

Still, it is possible to whittle that tuition fee down considerably by remembering one thing. You will rarely make money registering a name that has been available for more than a few minutes. I wasted several months combing through the daily list of dropped names at DeletedDomains.com. I just couldn’t understand why there was never anything good there, but not wanting to leave the keyboard empty handed, I would register a few anyhow.

The fact is the domain ocean is filled with ravenous creatures who gobble up every good domain name long before they hit the deleted list you are looking at. These guys are the industry’s killer whales and tiger sharks. You are the minnow.

So Froy, you need to understand the field that you are entering is not a level playing field. You need to think very much outside the box. Do you think that in 2001, people were not regging 3d names by the dozens. Do you really think the entire domaining industry missed the boat and along came Froy to clean up.

I feel sorry for the money you are throwing away. Why dont you sink it in shares or real estate or charity. It will at least have served some purpose.

Until you settle down and watch listen, learn, research, u wil forever be the epitome of THE FANBOY

Let's see your list of 3D domains. Or is it too late.?

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Your list of 3D domains please..

•••
How about the good names registered years ago that were dropped and picked up last week?
That puts this theory to sleep.

I'll bite. Which good names were registered years ago and were recently dropped?

•••
I'll bite. Which good names were registered years ago and were recently dropped?
The only bite you get is from my sandwich..
In 42 days I will show you..

•••

:lol: ROTFL LMAO! That is a great read. Thanks. Repped for that! Reminds me of.....well......me when I started. Doesn't the author need my permission to write about me starting out :hehe:

•••
:lol: ROTFL LMAO! That is a great read. Thanks. Repped for that! Reminds me of.....well......me when I started. Doesn't the author need my permission to write about me starting out :hehe:

Look for my new book it's called The Rich Boy ..

•••
•••
•••
Congrats Froy..

You have the most posts in this thread..

froy 109
evirtual1 73
gilescoley 48
the dot stop 43
3dDomainNames 27

But wait.. that's all your posts, which makes me wonder if you are even for real about domain names or if you just like to up your post count by causing controversy.. Try visiting some other topics on NamePros.. you might learn a thing or two.

•••
Gone are the toys.coms and the metal.coms and the buisness.coms IMO those are all finished in a few years. I see toysrus buying toyrus3d.com or buisness.com buying buisness3d.com.
This is pure lunacy.

Now I am starting to think that you might be a young teenager playing with daddy's money. That would explain an awful lot in this thread.

•••
This is pure lunacy.

Now I am starting to think that you might be a young teenager playing with daddy's money. That would explain an awful lot in this thread.

What I'm waiting for is your list of 3D domains, you seem to just brush that question off,
This thread is Who Is registering 3D domains. I would suggest if you do not fit that bill you may want to go to another thread like maybe Who is following the crowd that is a better one for ya.

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Congrats Froy..

You have the most posts in this thread..

froy 109
evirtual1 73
gilescoley 48
the dot stop 43
3dDomainNames 27

But wait.. that's all your posts, which makes me wonder if you are even for real about domain names or if you just like to up your post count by causing controversy.. Try visiting some other topics on NamePros.. you might learn a thing or two.

I'm here to pitch my new book The Rich Boy3d.com
How I made millions off 3D domaining.
It's all about the struggles of a 3D domainer

•••
•••
:lol:

This thread is just going nowhere...atm

Totally agree. I think we have all tried our best and this guy is getting his jollies off on trying to rile everyone up.

Froy - this is my last post i will make in relation to you -cause you are certainly not worth engaging with in a balanced debate.

1. I own zero 3d domain names. I only started domaining in 2006 and 99% of the 3d names were taken (SURPRISE SURPRISE). How did I make my money. I thought outside the box aswell as buying names from distressed buyers or buyers who had undervalued their portfolio.

2. I also do not invest in names that are so speculative in nature that I would rather invest in an area that I am both more familiar with and where there is a liquid market.

3. THE WHOLE THREAD WILL COME BACK TO HAUNT YOU, BUT THIS JUST ABOUT SUMS UP YOUR DOMAINING CAREER.

THESE ARE YOUR WORDS. I HAVE BOLDED YOUR WORDS THAT SPEAK VOLUMES ABOUT YOU AND YOUR AWFUL SENSE OF VALUE. DOMAINING IS NOT FOR YOU. NOT BY A LONG SHOT.

These names suck and look at what they fetched.

Perhaps as a final send off - go check if 3dmentalmasterbation.com is available , cause you have certainly cornered the market in its 2d cousin.

I bid thee farewell

Oohh I smell fire...must be someone burning $100 billsD-:

Last edited:
•••
What I'm waiting for is your list of 3D domains, you seem to just brush that question off

I would like to proudly proclaim that I own zero 3d names, which is the best possible amount to represent my total strategy on 3d domain names, unless someone devises a way where I can take an active short position against your portfolio of 3d names, in which case, I'd just do that.

•••
Hows this for a conspiracy theory.

All the people downplaying the value of the 3d domain names are trying to panic the current owners into underselling their 3d domain portfolio so they can get all the benefits later on. Just a thought.

As I do agree, some of the names listed in this thread have been kind of crazy there is a current and will be a 3d market. The big companies investing money into marketing and production obviously think so.

With that being said I am excited about my 3d domains because I feel I have some quality ones. Ones I plan to develop and make money with. My first site is already sitting number one on google with 3d tvs listed for sale on there. I guess my point is, if the 3d domain names are strong they can and will generate revenue on a site and coupled with the growth of 3d some these domains will fetch some money. May not be six figure numbers but if they make a profit than it is still a smart business move.

•••
With the amount of interest from both sides of the debate,

3D Tunnel Vision .com is available.

No good for me, I'm an inbetweenie :hehe:

Last edited:
•••
All the people downplaying the value of the 3d domain names are trying to panic the current owners into underselling their 3d domain portfolio so they can get all the benefits later on. Just a thought.

I do not agree at all. I see it is as there are people extremely new to registering domain names and you have others with more experience trying to guide and help but with huge resistance.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back