IT.COM

Anyone else registering 3D domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems that 3D is going to be the the next must have technology, according to the big brands, they are all launching 3D TVs.

I attempted to find good 3D names but the best domains are already taken, I think in 5 years time or even less, those generic 3D domains will be worth a lot. :imho:

Anyone else registering 3d domains? Do you think they have a future?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, they are producing 1TB discs as we speak. I have been reading about this for a year now. Being able to put 200+ DVD's on a single disc will revolutionize the way we store media. The discs are completely clear. Of course buying them and the drives will be costly. I know we are way off topic from domains, but this is relevant I think.

I own

3dHolographics.com

:)

•••
i have holographicsex/com
holographicmodel/com
hologramsigns/com

it's all coming , although a while for these ones

•••
Cool name for all you Joomla fans if interested

... joom3d.com is available

(Not for sale .. i mean, unregistered)

** Just registered * **

Joomla3d.com

Last edited:
•••
When I see that domain, I believe it makes me think of gaming "systems"
which we all know very well, they will not going away anytime soon!

Found a million dollar domain (I think :))

I know that when you made that post you were referring to my other domain Best3dSystem.com , but it made me do some research and I noticed that a lot of people refer to video game consoles as " gaming systems " and so I went ahead and registered these two domains:

3dGamingSystem.com

3dGamingSystems.com

I think These might have a good chance once 3d gaming becomes more mainstream. :)

-

•••
Another reason why 3D is going to be huge in the next couple years is because you won't be able to copy the effect of the 3D itself. You will be forced to upgrade or watch it in the theater.

The way it is now, you can copy the 3d effect. It's just a shift in the coloring. You can do it to your home videos using a video editing program.

•••
The last of my 3D names, a bit of a mixture I have, any thoughts on the best ones here

3DGameChannel.com
3DWebCameras.com
InHome3D.com
3DVisionKits.com
3DVisionKit.com
US-3D.com
NY-3D.com
3DPacks.com

3DArtist.net
3DTelly.net
3DTrailers.net
3DTrailer.net
3DPreviews.net
3DRentals.net
3DBlurayMovie.net
3DConsoles.net
Wireless3D.net

3DTelevision.co.in
3-D.co.in
3DTV.co.in

3DSystem.co.uk
3DRentals.co.uk

3DRentals.de

3D-TV.us

3DTelevision.cn

•••
Nike pushes 3D Mobile Advertising

Cool name for all you Joomla fans if interested

... joom3d.com is available

(Not for sale .. i mean, unregistered)

Here's another big company investing in 3D

To promote the launch of it’s T90 soccer shoe Nike is targeting teens in Hong Kong with a mobile 3D advertising campaign.

Throughout Nike flagship stores and at MTR subway stations there are a series of hidden mobile codes. Once the consumer finds the marker, they take a picture of the 3D marker which results in them receiving an image of a Nike soccer shoe and ball on their screen and reveals a special code unique to that location.

The campaign which The Hyperfactory created with ad agency McCann Erickson, has been running for 2 weeks and has created a real buzz in the Hong Kong media, so much so that Nike are planning to extend the campaign.

Handley added that “With all this digital and 3D stuff, you get this little sticker that unlocks a journey into this augmented world, It wasn’t all about selling a shoe. It’s making Nike an innovative brand, unusual and different.”

PS: I just registered - 3DMarketer.com

Last edited:
•••
Here's another big company investing in 3D

To promote the launch of it’s T90 soccer shoe Nike is targeting teens in Hong Kong with a mobile 3D advertising campaign.

Throughout Nike flagship stores and at MTR subway stations there are a series of hidden mobile codes. Once the consumer finds the marker, they take a picture of the 3D marker which results in them receiving an image of a Nike soccer shoe and ball on their screen and reveals a special code unique to that location.

The campaign which The Hyperfactory created with ad agency McCann Erickson, has been running for 2 weeks and has created a real buzz in the Hong Kong media, so much so that Nike are planning to extend the campaign.

Handley added that “With all this digital and 3D stuff, you get this little sticker that unlocks a journey into this augmented world, It wasn’t all about selling a shoe. It’s making Nike an innovative brand, unusual and different.”

PS: I just registered - 3DMarketer.com

I have:
3dAdvertisingAgencies.com

(long, but STRONG)

•••
Found a million dollar domain (I think :))

I know that when you made that post you were referring to my other domain Best3dSystem.com , but it made me do some research and I noticed that a lot of people refer to video game consoles as " gaming systems " and so I went ahead and registered these two domains:

3dGamingSystem.com

3dGamingSystems.com

I think These might have a good chance once 3d gaming becomes more mainstream. :)

-

Excellent Oldtimer!
I love 'em.

Yeah, thats the ONLY way my kids and their friends refer to those systems XBox, Wii, PS3 - (gaming systems)

Glad I can inspire you to find something that could potentially be worthwhile. :)

Hope you have an awesome pay-day with those 2!

This thread has inspired me to do my own research into something potentially huge also...
Still researching - reeeeal close...

•••
3dGamingSystem.com

3dGamingSystems.com

Best3dSystem.com

Best3dSystems.com

Which ones do you think are better for development, the singular or the plural.

-

•••
The last of my 3D names, a bit of a mixture I have, any thoughts on the best ones here

3DGameChannel.com
3DWebCameras.com
InHome3D.com
3DVisionKits.com
3DVisionKit.com
US-3D.com
NY-3D.com
3DPacks.com

3DArtist.net
3DTelly.net
3DTrailers.net
3DTrailer.net
3DPreviews.net
3DRentals.net
3DBlurayMovie.net
3DConsoles.net
Wireless3D.net

3DTelevision.co.in
3-D.co.in
3DTV.co.in

3DSystem.co.uk
3DRentals.co.uk

3DRentals.de

3D-TV.us

3DTelevision.cn

..ya better be careful there gilescoley... i see a few TM names there that just might create a stir
:b

---------- Post added 03-05-2010 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 03-04-2010 at 11:59 PM ----------

3dGamingSystem.com

3dGamingSystems.com

Best3dSystem.com

Best3dSystems.com

-

in both of those examples, the plural is searched more without the 3d, if that helps

•••

3DGameChannel.com
3DWebCameras.com
InHome3D.com
3DVisionKits.com
3DVisionKit.com
US-3D.com
NY-3D.com
3DPacks.com

3DArtist.net
3DTelly.net
3DTrailers.net
3DTrailer.net
3DPreviews.net
3DRentals.net
3DBlurayMovie.net
3DConsoles.net
Wireless3D.net

3DTelevision.co.in
3-D.co.in
3DTV.co.in

3DSystem.co.uk
3DRentals.co.uk

3DRentals.de

3D-TV.us

3DTelevision.cn

Hi Giles

From your list..

3DWebCameras.com

3DArtist.net

The others are ok, but these two are the best

•••
Giles,

From your list, I really like 3DWebCameras.
If web cameras are in the works to be in 3D,
I believe those would be huge!

3dGamingSystem.com

3dGamingSystems.com

Best3dSystem.com

Best3dSystems.com

-

I think there is a common misconception of singular "always" turning up better numbers than the plural.
Actually some product search numbers show more results in plural.

When I search products I always seem to type my searches in plural.
So, I like the plural for products. IMO.

Last edited:
•••
I always reference Google Insight to compare the LIVE analytics of plural versus singular word and or phrases. In addition, I also check the raw search data on Google keyword tool to see which word has the most search visibility.

In all, I choose the word phrase that has the most vertical and lateral consumer reach.

•••
I always reference Google Insight to compare the LIVE analytics of plural versus singular word and or phrases. In addition, I also check the raw search data on Google keyword tool to see which word has the most search visibility.

In all, I choose the word phrase that has the most vertical and lateral consumer reach.

Yeah, good point.

In Oldtimer's situation it really doesn't matter since he owns both singular and plural.
He could just re-direct one to the other.
Just a matter of which one sounds better.

•••
3dGamingSystems.com

Best3dSystems.com

These two were my first choice too, since there are probably going to be so many different systems for 3d gaming in the near future.

I am going to take it easy with 3d domains for a while and start working on development (and maybe some end-user sales if it’s not too early for that).

PS: Thanks for all the positive opinions about these domains, constructive discussions about 3d can help all of us with finding better generic domains. :)

-

Last edited:
•••
Anytime Oldtimer,

Glad to be able to help. :)

Best of luck to you w/ your development and especially your sales!

•••
The Deal of the Century

hey look at what's available

mushroom3d.com is available!

I was almost going to get lsd3d a few weeks ago

I plead guilty to this one (Last Stage of Delirium 3d) and its cousin 3dlsd (3d Long Slow Death). It must have been a retro flashback moment--you know, like Large Screen Display 3d; Liquid Screen Display 3d; Laser Spot Detector; Liquid Sound Design; Love, Sex and Dating; Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds (which is rumored to be about a certain chemical hallucinogen); for Chicagoans, Lake Shore Drive--certainly not that illegal, mind-bending stuff that was so popular with your parents' generation...

But, froy, since you hesitated a few weeks ago and lost out, do I have a deal for you:

I'll sell you lsd3d. Good only for 24 hours, for just $1,000,000 (saves me from listing it on ebay), you can own this hotspot on the web. As an extra bonus, I'll thrown in 3dlsd for FREE! In fact, 3dlsd is actually more intuitive than lsd3d, so the deal is even better yet.

And as an extra bonus, if you flip lsd3d upsidedown, it spells "pepsi" so you can infringe on a TM (no extra cost).

Both are .coms!

Lucid Sun Design 3d?

You decide. Possibilities are endless.

What say you????

•••
•••
I wonder how 2 identical sites will get indexed best.

3dcamera.com or camera3d.com

•••
I own

3dHolographics.com

:)

Funny thing we tried for the holograms in 3d long gone

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

More on tveverywhere.com

HBO and Cinemax to Join Comcast and Time Warner's Internet TV Project
Jul 13, 2009 ... Tags: comcast, ONLINE VIDEO, time warner cable, tv everywhere ... The day when HBO and Cinemax make their content available for purchase over the net ... the highest paid domain name in Internet history at $24 million. ...
mashable.com/2009/07/13/tv-everywhere-hbo-cinemax/ - C

Its in the tag but I can't see it in the article

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

More from the article key point

The Internet too, is rapidly becoming three-dimensional, with a combination of 3D and HTML, named "XML3D", enabling surfers to view web pages in 3D.

The game begins

Should that be 3dxml?
xml is going 3D so its the correct way .

Last edited:
•••
More on tveverywhere.com

HBO and Cinemax to Join Comcast and Time Warner's Internet TV Project
Multiple companies are using the TV Everywhere tagline. This isn't about the .com website.

•••
•••
Multiple companies are using the TV Everywhere tagline. This isn't about the .com website.

Well something sold for 24 million and it was a domain according to mashable
I have seen this 24 million domain sale more than a few times .
Not saying it was worth it in fact it looks foolish

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back