NameSilo

Anyone else registering 3D domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems that 3D is going to be the the next must have technology, according to the big brands, they are all launching 3D TVs.

I attempted to find good 3D names but the best domains are already taken, I think in 5 years time or even less, those generic 3D domains will be worth a lot. :imho:

Anyone else registering 3d domains? Do you think they have a future?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
3d harry potter, now that would be some movie experience!

•••
Just think of all the news once The Final Harry Potter movies come out
good for 3D I think.

It's also good to hear that these new 3D movies are doing well.

Clash of The Titans will be a huge hit as well, Toy Story will draw huge.
3D is here to stay this is NOT a fad that is for sure.
Alice cost 300 Million to make so this is serious shit here.
These movies are now EPICS in movie making. Cheap 3D will not do as well as the mega productions.

Alice makes Avatar look like a JOKE and something produced by nickelodeon
From the make up to the outfits to the scenery this movie mas MADE FOR 3D Avatar was a 2D movie with 3D slapped on.
Huge difference in the 2 movies and Burton shows just how crazy you can get with a vision and 3D technology at your disposal.

Last edited:
•••
I just reg 3dGo.co.uk
What you think guys?

•••
We need to make sure if offers are made for makover and homesforsale that you and I make sure our asking price is the same so they buy both names at the same price. If and when this comes.
Can’t make any promises, but how many millions are going to ask for your domains. :)

I think that it will take a while for 3d domains to reach their optimal value, but the domains that are suitable for the most practical and popular applications of the 3d technology will definitely have some value. IMO

-

Last edited:
•••
There was a segment on Sunday Morning CBS today about 3-D -- according to Jeffrey Katzenburger (former Disney COO and current Dreamworks founder), all of their animated films in dev will be 3D -- and he feels 3D will capture the majority of the motion picture box office in about 4 -5 years

Found some more 3D names that I regged -- again, I feel most of these names will take time, to gain in value (and again, that's not for certain)

3Dconferencecall.com
3Dconsolegame.com
3Dconsolegames.com
3Dconsolegaming.com
3Dlocalsearch.com
3Drealcam.com
Broadcasting3D.com
Celebrity3D.com
Feature3D.com
Message3D.com
Screening3D.com
Shows3D.com
3DSportsnow.com

let's see if 3-D domains take interest -- obviously, based on the myriad posts on this thread, there's some interest :)

•••
•••
Just got these:

BigScreen3dTV.com

BigScreen3dTVs.com

3dBigScreenTV.com

3dBigScreenTVs.com

There are around 20k exact searches for “ Big Screen TV “.

Is it true that you really have to have a big screen TV in order to get the full 3d effects.

PS: by the way which ones sound better.

-

•••
3dBigScreenTV.com

This one seems to make the most sense to me.
Sorry, I meant this is the way I would say it.

I can't believe that was avail.
Are those fresh reg's, Oldtimer?

•••
iv got 3dtvforum.info if anyone is interested :)

•••
This one seems to make the most sense to me.
Sorry, I meant this is the way I would say it.

I can't believe that was avail.
Are those fresh reg's, Oldtimer?
Re:

BigScreen3dTV.com

BigScreen3dTVs.com

3dBigScreenTV.com

3dBigScreenTVs.com

BigScreen3dTV has the most searches if you change 3d with HD, I registered them all (just today :)) to cover all the different versions, I figured that “ big screen 3d TV “ will probably become a very relevant term in the near future (if not already). IMO

-

•••
Alice makes Avatar look like a JOKE and something produced by nickelodeon
From the make up to the outfits to the scenery this movie mas MADE FOR 3D Avatar was a 2D movie with 3D slapped on.

Once again you are wrong - Avatar was 3d movie, made with 3d cameras, and Allice is 2d movie with 3d slapped on.

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

iv got 3dtvforum.info if anyone is interested :)

Ive got org if you are interested :)

•••
Re:

BigScreen3dTV.com

BigScreen3dTVs.com

3dBigScreenTV.com

3dBigScreenTVs.com

BigScreen3dTV has the most searches if you change 3d with HD, I registered them all (just today :)) to cover all the different versions, I figured that “ big screen 3d TV “ will probably become a very relevant term in the near future (if not already). IMO

-

I'm surprised the searches show the 3d as more frequently search towards the end of that domain.
I just went and searched myself (hd) as "phrase" and you're right.
For some reason the 3D version seems to make better sense to me, at the beginning.
I'd like to hear others opinions too.

Either way, another coupla 3D domain keepers.
Wish you all the best w your portfolio!

•••
I registered the following, as a bit of a long term punt.

3dplaying.com
3droleplaying.com
3dprintingmachine.com

I am not certain if I did the right thing but I will keep them for now.

•••
all future dreamworks movies will be 3D only...
Maybe... :gl:

At that point, we might as well drop the 3D prefix because 3D will be the norm and stuffing '3D' in keywords will be redundant.
Like today we are still talking about 'flat screens' but for how long. When it becomes the norm no need to reinstate the fact.
Which means that even the more decent 3D domains are somewhat time-sensitive domains.

BTW the official website for Avatar is www.avatarmovie.com and not avatar3Dmovie.com or avatar3D.com (that appear to be squatted)...
Interestingly, movie producers don't even see the need to register the 3D domains that are 'relevant' to them, but for some reason domainers think that have gold in their hands - it's just that there are no buyers for that kind of gold.

•••
3dplaying is nice

anyone with any sales, offers, or development

•••
I have been offered $300 for 3dplasmatv.net

•••
Maybe... :gl:

At that point, we might as well drop the 3D prefix because 3D will be the norm and stuffing '3D' in keywords will be redundant.
Like today we are still talking about 'flat screens' but for how long. When it becomes the norm no need to reinstate the fact.
Which means that even the more decent 3D domains are somewhat time-sensitive domains.

BTW the official website for Avatar is Avatar Official Movie Website and not avatar3Dmovie.com or avatar3D.com (that appear to be squatted)...
Interestingly, movie producers don't even see the need to register the 3D domains that are 'relevant' to them, but for some reason domainers think that have gold in their hands - it's just that there are no buyers for that kind of gold.

Awww, man. You're making way too much sense here. Party-pooper.;)

•••
I have been offered $300 for 3dplasmatv.net

Awesome Shane!
and for a .net even...

I agree.
As these consistent stories of New Age 3D Products, Entertainment, Visuals come to us at Break Neck Speed, this could very well become the "norm". Great example SDS (flatscreens). A few throughout the thread have stated their example of "color" tv. We never say color tv anymore. Could that be what happens with 3d? We shall see.

So, with that being said, I would assume that some of these tv/movie domains could be only at their plateau for a short time (If everyone and their brother adopt this technology as the new Industry Standard). I guess we have to be a little more creative and think more, outside the box with the power of 3D.

Well, I may have just went overboard, or maybe not??? No one can really say until we see how this goes but I am humble enough to show my newest and most likely last 3D reg's, and willing to accept any true opinions here. My newest outside the box thinking is this little 3D niche which I just thought of...

3D Movie Party-com
3D Birthday Party-com
3D Birthday Card-com
3D Kids Party-com
3D Party Bags-com
3D Party Invitations-com
3D Party Supplies-com
3D Theme Party-com

I have paid some big money for theme parties before and well, who knows?

THEN for the naysayers, I have to say Thanks.
With ALL of the 3d products coming out so quickly there will be flaws.
I thought of this little gem...

3D Recalls-com

I'm gonna try and throw a few mini-sites on some of these.

•••
When I first saw this thread, I thought maybe there was a new type of domain extension like .3d or something or a new way of typing domains into the address bar in 3d format. But, I guess that is just me using my imagination again. hahaha. :P

•••
Wouldn't actual 3d products be a good choice? :-/

46inch3DTV.com and 46in3DTV.com - available

•••
A lot of people who are looking to buy homes probably like to see them in 3d. IMO
That would be a feature added to existing real estate sites. Not something that you build a new site around.

Look at the 360 degree virtual tours that came out several years ago. Should a real estate company have branded a site around that? Of course not, and they won't do it with 3D either.

•••
As far as I can tell this is the business model of most people investing in 3D domains.

1.) Buy lots of 3D domains
2.) ...................
3.) Make lots of money

All they need to do is figure out step 2 and they are set.

Brad

Say it baby just say it.

The least they can do is go after .com/.net that have search volume, not a bunch of arbitrary phrases that they make up on the spot with "3D" in it.

•••
Check Google Keyword Tool for the following as well:
3d Chat Rooms - 3,600
Virtual Chat Rooms - 1,600

We don't even HAVE 3d chatrooms yet
They are looking for 3D as in SecondLife type 3D chat.

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

DubDubDubDot said:
If anyone is going to make a million off of a domain then such a domain was surely registered before most people even had internet access.

This is not a personal attack, but are you being serious or sarcastic?
Serious, but I wasn't really talking about 3D domains. It was just for Froy who thinks he has $1M+ 3D domains that were just registered. I was just saying, there are no $1M+ domains that were registered after the boom era.

•••
Can’t make any promises, but how many millions are going to ask for your domains. :)

I think that it will take a while for 3d domains to reach their optimal value, but the domains that are suitable for the most practical and popular applications of the 3d technology will definitely have some value. IMO

-

No problem Im just saying if you get a hit lemme know

•••
That would be a feature added to existing real estate sites. Not something that you build a new site around.

Look at the 360 degree virtual tours that came out several years ago. Should a real estate company have branded a site around that? Of course not, and they won't do it with 3D either.

I think both of you have legitimate points.

I have owend 360tours.tv and reelestate.tv (a play on real estate with reel hinting at video ) and have had zero offers in the last four years. Not that these are of particularly good quality. But not even one end user thought to brand their property site around EXISTING video technology that they would simply upload to their own websites and use 360tours or reelestate.

However, I think that if and when 3D does hit the shore, not everyone will be able to afford 3d websites. It will be an exclusive group of players who will have the financial muscle to hire the brightest and the best in the 3D market to build out these websites (if there will ever be such a thing in the first place) and proudly proclaim 3dhomes .com, branding themselves as the first to market with viewable homes in 3d from the luxury of your living room....

Again - how far and how deep 3d becomes part of everyday life outside of movies and tv sets is anyones guess.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back