Dynadot

Anyone else registering 3D domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems that 3D is going to be the the next must have technology, according to the big brands, they are all launching 3D TVs.

I attempted to find good 3D names but the best domains are already taken, I think in 5 years time or even less, those generic 3D domains will be worth a lot. :imho:

Anyone else registering 3d domains? Do you think they have a future?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ALSO... the beauty of this 3d things is this..
.. IMO
.. all 'Virtual' and future 'Augmented Reality' will simply be referred to as 3d as well just for ease of reference

Very IMHO.
Augmented Reality really has nothing to do with 3d. For the mid and near long term AR will be 2d planar overlays or 2d projections. Also virtual has nothing to do with 3d.

The terms Virtual and AR are LONG ESTABLISHED. There is no reason why they would go away. If anything the term 3d will become obsolete before the other terms do - we don't say Color TV anymore.

BY then domaining won't be domaining anyway.

•••
Well i can't say i have too much staistical data...some of it is small sample sizes and speculation, but here goes...

.. take a company like Topps, for example
(the baseball card company)

They came out with 3d Trading Cards
.. but it's all Augmented Reality... why?

Augmented Reality, by definition "is registered in 3D"
...it uses 3d models, 3d software, 3d pointing devices,

Augmented Reality though is much harder to push into the homes from a marketing perspective... i believe that it will be introduced as 3d for the consumer to be able to be comfortable in understanding it .. they might even refer to it as "..some new kind of 3d" before they would remember Augmented Reality walking out of the store.

I looked into AR names and true indeed... many great names were gone... although i was able to grab two AR dandies that i thought were dead on PERFECT...

ARPresentation.com
ARPresentations.com

... but domains are basically built off of marketing... say what you will about searches, but people search what's been marketed... so while AR and Augmented Reality might be fine and cool and understandable to you and me and those who follow and live tech.. the everyday consumer is just a different beast and THAT'S who gets marketed... much easier, especially on the heels of this whole 3d craze to kick that door in as "3d"

As for 'Virtual" .. take a site like SecondLife.com for example...
... HUGE and very successful community ... all virtual, virtual chatrooms, avatars... etc...
... what's on their home page?
.. . "3d Virtual world Community"

Check Google Keyword Tool for the following as well:
3d Chat Rooms - 3,600
Virtual Chat Rooms - 1,600

Follow all the other Virtual Chat Room sites
as opposed to 3d Chat sites
.. we don't even have 3d chat... but 3d chat is king out of those two

it's just better, quicker, easier, more marketable,and more understood than the others.
Not my rules... just an observation in human behavior

very interesting insight. solid argument. thank you for taking the time.
I'm deeply interested in A.R. (and VR/3D)... specifically development for retail/info-tainment, gaming, UI, etc. I'm glad this thread popped up. I do own several 3d domains, but I picked up a few more 3d/ar domains today that will help us stand out from our competitors if we enter the space.

and for all those investing in new regs, please be sure to only invest what you can afford to lose.

good luck to all.

•••
FREEBIE

3d WWI.com Is Available

(World War I)

•••
when i last looked 3dgeographic was also available

•••
gotta love it

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

\\

I think it's funny Im saying these names will be worth huge cash and you are saying there worthless.
I agree some like letsgotoa3dmovie.com will be a 0 but the sports3dtv.com will most certainly sell for good money. I am dead sure bondage3dtv will net over 6 figures when some goof buys a 20k
3d video camera and needs a 3dbondage site. He will have only 4 good top names to pick.

I wonder which of us will be right?

I think I know but maybe I am just biased. :gl:

•••
I wonder which of us will be right?

I think I know but maybe I am just biased. :gl:

I wish there was a place where I could bet on it.

•••
Alice breaks box office records, proves the power of 3D.

Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland" broke through the looking glass all the way to the top of the North American box office chart this weekend with a whopping 112 million dollars in takings, according estimates.

The live-action, CGI (computer generated imagery), 3D version of Charles Lutwidge Dodgson's classic fantasy tale starring Johnny Depp and Australian Mia Wasikowska has become the highest grossing film released on a weekend in the January-March period.

R.C.S
3dmovietheater.com
3dmovie.com
3dhometheater.com

•••
Alice breaks box office records, proves the power of 3D.

Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland" broke through the looking glass all the way to the top of the North American box office chart this weekend with a whopping 112 million dollars in takings, according estimates.

The live-action, CGI (computer generated imagery), 3D version of Charles Lutwidge Dodgson's classic fantasy tale starring Johnny Depp and Australian Mia Wasikowska has become the highest grossing film released on a weekend in the January-March period.

R.C.S
3dmovietheater.com
3dmovie.com
3dhometheater.com

Wow...112 Million!
It's only Saturday night. We still have all of Sunday to go.
After seeing Avatar, I'm giving in to the Alice 3D hype too.
I'm going to see it tommorow in a Chicagoland IMAX theatre!

BTW RCS,
nice signature! - showoff :lol:

Last edited:
•••
So what do you guys think about 3dremotecontrol.com?

•••
Hey Shane

..i remember seeing a product review on the news not too long ago showcasing the capabilities and functions these new remotes have and man - they are just SICK!!

Sorry, i can't remember what it was or have any link, but the remote control industry has definietely gotten into the 3d game... other than the length, i like it , but length has never been something to stop me too much anyway... some names, there's not much you can do about it.

Good Luck with It.

•••
Whilst checking my portfolio I found I own the domain below :)

.com

3dsales

What do you guys think

•••
Whilst checking my portfolio I found I own the domain below :)

.com

3dsales

What do you guys think

That is definitely a Rock Solid 3D domain name!

Anything at all that can be sold, Products, Downloads, Advertising, Subscriptions, etc. could easily be Marketed under your domain,
and there is no way to say/write that any shorter or better.

I think you will do very well with that domain.

Best of luck to ya.

•••
That is definitely a Rock Solid 3D domain name!

Anything at all that can be sold, Products, Downloads, Advertising, Subscriptions, etc. could easily be Marketed under your domain,
and there is no way to say/write that any shorter or better.

I think you will do very well with that domain.

Best of luck to ya.

Thanks Buddy :tu:

I think I am going to re-index my portfolio today..I am sure I have others that are just as good if not better.

•••
This is not a personal attack, but are you being serious or sarcastic?

I think he's being serious. It's true, too. Many of the 3d names I researched were regged in the 90's, 1996-1998, a few in the early 2000's.

A lot of people I knew did NOT have internet back in the 90's, and I had it only through my college (dial-up).

•••
and as for Sport or Sports...
I say Sports is much better!
Sports is all encompassing, baseball, boxing, soccer, racing, etc.

Sport is only one of the above.
Just my 2 cents

Interesting, I still believe Sport is better than Sports, in South Africa and here in Aus, most people would say "lets go home and watch some sport" and that would imply any/all sport, not just one, it basically means the plural when used in a sentence

It may be different in other countries, im just explaining why I prefer it without the "s"

Cant wait to get back to my laptop, these silly internet vending machines things are crap, cant type properly

•••
Nice to see ralph found this thread to ;)

Btt, i have what i think some high end ones. Some examples:

3dmovieforum.com
3dmovienews.com
3dmoviemagazine.com
3dhometheaters.com
3dhometheatre.com
3dhomecinema.com
3dblurays.com

and even some high end dutch/belgium and german keyword domains i have been collecting..

Hope to develop some. Others i will sell.

And i just noticed sony has an affiliate program paying 4% of sold goods, worth a try i guess in this area of consumer products.

•••
3dd3.net is available !!

•••
CBS Sunday "ThisMorning" major segment re: 3D.
perhaps clips will be online soon.

3d is the next revolution for the movie industry, saving grace for the industry, combat piracy, etc...

all future dreamworks movies will be 3D only...

great industry profile...

hardware/software... gaming...

Discovery, ESPN, etc... launching 3D channels...

•••
Seems to me that not only us domainers are excited about the 3d revolution. Well, 70% of domainers are happy.

I'm not going to reg anymore now, ive about 20 3d/product so thats enough of an investment for me.

I'm just glad I got on the bandwagon in december last year and stayed clear of brandables.

3duniversalremote.com is available to reg if anyone is interested. There is also plenty of similar domains in that sphere that are looking for a home.

•••
just regged a solid 3d-ccTLD

Your thoughts:

FREE-3D.de

•••
Seems to me that not only us domainers are excited about the 3d revolution. Well, 70% of domainers are happy.

I'm not going to reg anymore now, ive about 20 3d/product so thats enough of an investment for me.

I'm just glad I got on the bandwagon in december last year and stayed clear of brandables.

3duniversalremote.com is available to reg if anyone is interested. There is also plenty of similar domains in that sphere that are looking for a home.

I've been domaining a long time I like to try new things...I've not got many around 20 3d domains - 10 are for sale here on Namepros, and the other 10 will be developed and are not for sale.

I mainly buy short LLLL.com generic domains and lll.com I have had some big sales with those types of domains. And I also trade on stock's did anyone buy The UK bank stock Barclays last year at 66p or lower I did and sold at £3.74p making a killing in a few months... whilst many people are frightened and pull back the smart people buy in.

3D is going to happen on the internet, and I wanted a few just to see what happens and mainly develop them :)

•••
Alice in Wonderland 3D

Let me tell ya this movie is simply brilliant. It's like you are in 2 and a half hour dream.
This is one of the best movies I have ever seen. The 3D in this movie is life like not cartoonish
All the characters fit there roles perfectly. It was so good we watched it 2 times back to back. I can't tell you how deep this movie is and how most people won't even know it. There are only a few times when you get something thrown at ya so its not the same tricks as you expect. This movie proves to me that you can take a toothpick and turn it into a 3D experience. When the web gets true 3D and figures out how to apply it so it stays fresh and new you will see everyone jump on this bandwagon. I am so happy I can see movies like this in my lifetime. 3D is going to stimulate the industry of movies and web as new visions will be created all in 3D. To me once you go 3D you won't ever go back
4 stars for sure a must see.

•••
I have time might go and see Alice in wonderland with my niece.

•••
that looks like a good one, I had 3dHomesForSale on my list, but I also thought that it might be too long, but after looking at the search numbers for "homes for sale" I decided to go ahead and get it. A lot of people who are looking to buy homes probably like to see them in 3d. IMO

-

We need to make sure if offers are made for makover and homesforsale that you and I make sure our asking price is the same so they buy both names at the same price. If and when this comes.

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

I have time might go and see Alice in wonderland with my niece.

Do it you won't regret it. Its a masterpiece

•••
Just think of all the news once The Final Harry Potter movies come out
good for 3D I think.

It's also good to hear that these new 3D movies are doing well.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back