NameSilo

AdSense for Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
From my inbox:

Many publishers have approached us looking for a way to monetize their domains, and today, we're excited to announce the expansion of AdSense for domains. This product allows publishers to earn revenue through ads placed on undeveloped domains.

With AdSense for domains, users can find relevant information rather than see empty pages or "page not found" errors. Today we present ads, links, and search results on the pages, and may add other useful information in the future. To ensure positive user experience and the quality of our network, these sites are monitored for policy compliance and prohibited from using text and images designed to confuse users.

Advertisers also have additional opportunities to find their customers, and ads on these pages convert well. In addition, we regularly receive requests from advertisers who have found domains to be an effective way to reach their users.

The product will be initially rolled out in phases to English-language AdSense publishers located in North America, and we'll expand to additional regions and languages in the future. To check whether AdSense for domains has been enabled for your account, log in and visit your AdSense Setup tab. For more information, please visit our Help Center.

Here's the link to the official announcement:

http://adsense.blogspot.com/

Well? Is this a gamechanger or not?

I don't show it in my own account as yet.

Can't help but wonder what this means to the parking companies with Google feeds, like SEDO, Fabulous, and all the others. Whoosh! This one caught me by surprise.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
~ Cyberian ~ said:
G is not the only traffic source on the net... and bottom line, are the sites earning or not is what counts.
Exactly this thread is not over yet :D

Lets give it sometime. Someone will surely share his or her experience.

At that point one might say that different portfolios perform differently in same parking company.

Still the bottom line is money :xf.love: parking is not a hobby :D Atleast for me.

•••
So I decided to give AFD a try about 3 weeks ago. Since then I have seen an increase in both Impressions and Revenue. Previously my domains were parked with Godaddy and they performed extremely poorly.

As for the conspiracy theorists out there... well I guess anything is possible. I have certainly seen more shady business practices in the past so it wouldn't surprise me.

I will however give them the benefit of the doubt for now. Google is a public company with great expectations from it's shareholders. This could just be what it is... a source for additional income. Google actually worked backwards with this one. Adwords was developed for the little guy just as much as the big guy. Make money a few pennies at a time. Perhaps AFD is moving into this same business model now. Diversify your income by including the little guys and it becomes safer.

All that said AFD still needs alot of work. The inability to customize the page aside from adjusting colors is not going to cut it. They also need a spot for "This Domain is For Sale", better tracking, and perhaps a small google logo so people know they are on a respectable site.

I could use a little help from someone with more experience using AFD. I've setup custom channells but when you go to the landing page it just shows the default (blue & white) landing page. The customized channel looks great when previewed in setup and the channel is also applied to the domain name. Anyone having this same problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Markus

•••
Thanks for the insight Markus. Our experience with parking revenue (on multiple sites, from Sedo to Parking.com) has been relatively lame - that may be because many of our domains are keyword-rich but not necessarily type-in traffic material.

Given our portfolio, developping the domains into sites has almost always been (far) more lucrative than parking them - even on the best parking providers.

We're just testing the waters now with AFD and will see how it compares. However, like you mention, it's kind of a downer that that AFD doesn't offer more dynamic landing pages with customisable links to "for sale" pages, etc.

I'll post a more detailled opinion on AFD in a few weeks.

Rob

•••
this might seem like a dumb newb question,but i gotta ask it.i've submitted parked pages before on not only google,but other search engines, and they never post my pages on their search engine.maybe it's just me this happens to but would like to know if this has happened to any one else.

also...

if google is letting us park domains now, will they give us a chance to submit parked urls to their search engine? or will it automatically do this?

•••
It should never hurt to submit, but you don't have to submit to sites like Yahoo and Google. Just get a few links that they can find and they will index your parked domains.

Are you parked someplace that allows you to submit or get links? Check first or you could get your account closed. Most parking services do not allow that.

The other thing is do your pages have any content? And have you searched in the search engine using the domain name, like "domainname" for "domainname.com" or using the entire domain name? That is the only way to be sure you are NOT listed.

•••
nielsencl said:
It should never hurt to submit, but you don't have to submit to sites like Yahoo and Google. Just get a few links that they can find and they will index your parked domains.

Are you parked someplace that allows you to submit or get links? Check first or you could get your account closed. Most parking services do not allow that.

i have all my domains @ parked.com

•••
netmeg said:
Because the whole idea probably isn't to make a bunch of money in the short term. As I mentioned somewhere above in an earlier post, the big portfolios aren't going to move over to AFD. If they're making good money where they are, they're not going to mess with that. And this is a really fast and efficient way for Google to clean up the low end of the domain market (and keep 'em out of the SERPS - as soon as you submit a domain, I'm sure it's flagged, if it wasn't already)

Am I just Paranoid? :guilty:

I've not read a lot of this thread because I've been really busy but I wonder if others are thinking the same way and if there's any grounds besides googles previous efforts to block parked landers and purchased traffic to parked landers. I was a little surprised to read your post hitting on the subject of google using this as a tool to clean things up. The reason I was a little surprised is just that I've been wondering about it as well and have actually haulted moving forward with parking any names with them at this time.

This would seem to be the easiest way for them to learn more about exactly what's being done by people parking domains and not having the parking company as a middle man in the way of direct stat reports. Google has already made efforts to stop purchased traffic to parked domain landers and what better way to further this action and other methods than to do it at their own parking landers.

If domains are getting enough clicks to make the system curious, they may want to see.... Is it a premium top of the line short enough generic domain name that could possibly get x amount of natural type in traffic? and anything not fitting this profile gets shafted.

Most domain holders, and I'll even go as far as to say, very few domain holders have premium top of the line short enough generic domain names that get an amount of natural type in traffic to ever get $100.00 in a month. De-indexing or even worst putting the names found not worthy on a kind of 'Black List' may or may not be the end result Google would like to see.

My understanding is that the traffic can even come from top tier search engines but I seriously doubt many names at all will ever have a good enough organic SE placement while parked to ever make enough to even bother going through the time it takes to park at adsense for domains.

Good luck and happy parking to all the parking pioneers adventurous enough to test with Google. It will be interesting to see what the coming months bring to this thread. I hope it's good news from folks and not a lot of complaining about held payments and "You Violated T.O.S" letters received from Google.

•••
Not in my account yet.
Great news anyway.

•••
can i see an example of a adsense parking page

•••
~ Cyberian ~ said:
and being paranoid is only natural when it comes to any action carried out by G
Cy

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you...lol :)
D-: :-/

•••
i still wanna see a parked page ???

•••
•••
evirtual1 said:
i still wanna see a parked page ???

I won't post a link but I just PM'd you some to checkout :)

•••
enjoy the ride folks, it wont last by them... some friendly advice and i see what there doing... cut middleman out, come out with neat templates down the road, do some nice payouts in the beginning, study the domain market and domainers, begin lowering the payouts and etc..

i honestly do not know how so many people i chat with or read think this is a great news... domainers, parking companies, people relying on ppc(i am still one of them) should avoid the hype and look into things more carefully imo...

sorry for negative tone... glad some of you are earning tons of cash-go get them while its there...

•••
Will yahoo or Live index an AFD page and display in SERPs?

•••
jeffoverman said:
enjoy the ride folks, it wont last by them... some friendly advice and i see what there doing... cut middleman out, come out with neat templates down the road, do some nice payouts in the beginning, study the domain market and domainers, begin lowering the payouts and etc..

You say "cut middleman out" that's probably one of the first big things Google will do.

I think one of the biggest questions right now for everyone would have to be 'How long will Google continue to offer the google feed to the parking companies? Would they just stop it cold turkey _\|/_ or decrease rev shares to the point it's no longer feasible? You know these are scary days for those parking companies that depend on that feed, knowing it can end any day with no explanation needed but ' We have our own parking landers now and no longer see it useful to have you around but you are welcome to park your names with us. :'(

When I think about it that way, maybe folks that like the google feed should go ahead and start getting use to the new 'adsense for domains'... because who knows, 'adsense for domains' could stop taking new customers any day or even not offer it for ever to accounts that do not perform.

There's really a lot to think about here, I don't like to be negative but Google is pretty well known for taking over big things online that make money. I really doubt Google's going to continue to feed competition forever. I hope they do continue feeding companies so folks will have more options.

Dave

•••
Last edited:
•••
l2ride55 said:
I have my feet up, beer in hand. I can't say anything more, my thoughts are well documented earlier in this post.

I got a couple extra Rocky Mountain Coors here for anyone that wants to sit back, relax and watch the idiots push domain parking over the waterfall by sending domains to Doogle. Hopefully they'll also be the ones caught in the vortex when the ship they sunk goes down.

"Brother, you got any spare change you could give me? I used to be a Domainer back in '08".

L2

Have you tried AFD??
Or voicing your opinion on pure speculation?

Granted, the AFD pages suck! Without a doubt!

And maybe there is a hidden agenda on Google's part.
But since we're all in this to make money, the domains
go where the money is...in my case...it's AFD

•••
I'd actually would like to hear from the "middle men", like Mike from Fabulous and Ed from Namedrive to see what impact if any that this brought about to their services? I'd like to hear what, if any, contingency plans that they may have in case their relationships head south with Google?

I'd also like to hear where THEY think this is all heading?

As far as Google goes I'm like most here and think it's just their way of putting the boot into domaining. JMHO.

•••
dave

i am hopping what you posted does happen...i really do...

i am hopping im wrong but thats my view point and i just dont like the sign of things with them and this program...

these are surly rough times for all of us... maybe my tone will change over time but right now im very negative on this and for the long haul on things...

DnPresident said:
You say "cut middleman out" that's probably one of the first big things Google will do.

I think one of the biggest questions right now for everyone would have to be 'How long will Google continue to offer the google feed to the parking companies? Would they just stop it cold turkey _\|/_ or decrease rev shares to the point it's no longer feasible? You know these are scary days for those parking companies that depend on that feed, knowing it can end any day with no explanation needed but ' We have our own parking landers now and no longer see it useful to have you around but you are welcome to park your names with us. :'(

When I think about it that way, maybe folks that like the google feed should go ahead and start getting use to the new 'adsense for domains'... because who knows, 'adsense for domains' could stop taking new customers any day or even not offer it for ever to accounts that do not perform.

There's really a lot to think about here, I don't like to be negative but Google is pretty well known for taking over big things online that make money. I really doubt Google's going to continue to feed competition forever. I hope they do continue feeding companies so folks will have more options.

Dave

•••
l2ride55 said:
then when those parking companies go out of business and there's no competition to AFD,

you think they're gonna' pay you more, right?

Those companies aren't out of business, and yet :o
I'm making more!

l2ride55 said:
BTW, it was grape-flavored Kool-Aid they drank back then
L2
huh? lost me on this one :-/

•••
mis_chiff said:
huh? lost me on this one :-/

Think you'll find the reference is to the mass suicide in Jonestown

•••
firefly said:
Think you'll find the reference is to the mass suicide in Jonestown
Thanks Jason...

Although I don't get the dramatic connection .....

•••
mis_chiff said:
Thanks Jason...

Although I don't get the dramatic connection .....

Guess he is equating domainers jumping onto AFD to mass suicide.

I'm glad it works for you Wendy and Hope it continues to. :)

•••
firefly said:
I'm glad it works for you Wendy and Hope it continues to. :)

Me too :)

Bottom line is, and it's been mentioned at least
a hundred times - some domains do better than others in different places.
I've found a place that works for mine :tu:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back