NameSilo

$110 Logo & Banner Design Contest - Namecake

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Type of Contest: LOGO & Banner Design (banner size: 468x60)

Prize: $110 paid to the winner on Sunday 21st October (Via Paypal)

Contest end time & Date: October 21st 2007. 10.00am GMT

Requirements: I'm looking for a logo and banner for: Namecake - with the slogan: The No1 source for premium Domain names.
It is going to be a site selling Domain Names, and there will also be article and advice sections on Domain Names and Web Design.

I'd like the design to look classy and professional, but it must also be funky and fresh. So i'm pretty open at this point as i've got no set ideas in mind.
Also i'd like to see a mix of just plain Namecake and also Namecake.com.

FORUM Rules: You must post here to followup. NO direct e-mails, NO PM's

Thanks - i'm looking forward to seeing your designs.

P.S. I'd like the slogan to be stuck to - but if you can think up an even better and more appealing one i WILL pay a bonus.
PPS. I'd like it as a .psd Photoshop file (not sure what it is but my developer wants it.)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm in. Give me a few days to finish it ;)

•••
my idea

namecake.jpg

•••
Will try get a design/s in by the date

•••
•••
i'm confused do you want a seperate banner and a seperate logo?

•••
I'm looking for the logo to be within the banner. Sorry for the confusion.

•••
•••
Hi. Thanks for the contest. Here's my first try. Feedback is greatly appreciated. :)

namecake1gif.jpg

namecakebanner1gif.gif

•••
•••
heres my entry to the contest:

•••
Here is mine, i threw in some color variations just to let you know that any color can be changed on request:

Also on request: Speed changes on the banner, any and all colors, size, borders, backgrounds...
Tell me your preferences on the cake, its all about what you want, I can take away the candles, change the colors, make more layers etc. let me know.

movingbannernc-1.gif

ncwithhentges.jpg

namecake1.jpg

namecake3.jpg

namecake2.jpg

namecake4.jpg

ncdesign2-3.jpg

ncdesign2-4.jpg

ncdesign2-2.jpg

Last edited:
•••
here's my entry for the logo:
namecakecu0.jpg

tell me if you like it and I'll make the banner.

•••
Thankyou for all the entries so far. I'm going to leave some feedback in order of posting:

Barzoid - a bit too plain.
Ross860 - Looks nice but not quite right.
UMXCA - I like it - professional & classy, but it also has a fresh feel. But there is something missing (Sorry - i don't know what it is.)
Jackieh - Top one is quite nice - bottom one is not what i'm after as i want the words to be static.
Nitro - Nice, but not what i'm after.
VWaites - interesting - but not quite right.
Elite designs - second on down is quite nice, the same with the 3rd from bottom.
Dvirhazout - i realy like it - very professional and classy - i would Definately like to see it as a banner.

So the ones i like best so far are from Dvirhazout & UMXCA - as both give an image of professionalism, but are also fresh as well.
I realise the feedback may have been blunt and vague - but i'm figuring it out as more designs come in.

Please keep them coming - oh yes, my developer said to ask for them to be as a .psd Photoshop File.

Thanks and i look forward to seeing more designs.

•••
•••
Thanks for the feedback. Here is a static version of the banner...

namecakebanner2gif.jpg

•••
Just a different color if you're interested:

ncdesign2originnal.jpg

and maybe something a bit different than everyone else:

ncdesignish-1.jpg

•••
I thought I'd try something a little less "funky"....

namecake2gif.gif

namecakebanner3jpg.jpg

•••
Quick idea

Needs a bit of work... But you get the idea.

•••
Heres my second entry:

I added some texture to this one:

Last edited:
•••
Here goes my Logo. If you like the logo I'll proceed with the banner.

namecake.gif

Please let me know your comments.

•••
.removed.

Last edited:
•••
here's a static version for the banner:
namecakebanner2oc6.gif

•••
Thankyou to everyone again for your entries - here's some more feedback.

Dvirhazout - Still think the first design you did was the best, it just had something the others don't. The moving banner is nice - but not right for a homepage. The static one you did - the addition of the new colour just doesn't work for me - So please have another crack at it as the first one was almost perfect, sadly it wasn't a banner.

Jackieh - Nice, but just too playful, and it just doesn't give a professional business image - it's more suited to a gaming site.
And the second entry is not what i'm looking for. The colours just don't work for me..

Elite - I like the second one down (with the shopping trolly) - sadly it's just too playful, and the colours aren't working for me - but there is something i like about it.

Jido - Interesting, but i'd need to see it as a whole banner. I don't like the yellow, but what you've done with the letters is interesting.

VWaites - sorry but none of them are right for me.

abobby - Great idea! I like the top one, but it's just missing something and the coulous don't feel right (still i like the cake.)

Ricbia - Thanks, but it's just too plain.

Umxca - Are you going to update the original one you did - as i think it's got good potential.

2 days left to go - so please keep them coming in!
Thanks

•••
staffjam said:
Thankyou to everyone again for your entries - here's some more feedback.

abobby - Great idea! I like the top one, but it's just missing something and the coulous don't feel right (still i like the cake.)

2 days left to go - so please keep them coming in!
Thanks

Thanks for you kind words. I'll make modification's and post the updated by tomorrow.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back