NameSilo

domain Please appraise wyomingtravel dot net

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
Just acquired wyomingtravel dot net (probably from someone here haha). I can think of a ton of end-users, but I'm not sure about the price. Ideas?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello njstaci, I don't know if "wyoming" has some meaning, but if not, I'd say the domain worth $0

Sorry for beeing negative, but just my 2 cents

•••
Thanks, Ariel. Wyoming is a state in the US, I'm guessing you're not from here? It's actually a pretty great state for tourism and travel since it's home to Yellowstone National Park.

•••
:lol: no, I'm not live in the US, I would have never imagine it was an state, so then It definitively has value! but I don't know how would be the market, I hope some other member from the US who know better the market give you a good appraisal, good luck ;)

•••
Just acquired wyomingtravel dot net (probably from someone here haha). I can think of a ton of end-users, but I'm not sure about the price. Ideas?

The name itself isn't bad, but the extension puts a hurting on names like this.

Names of this nature are best suited in the .com extension. Any other extension will make it a very hard sell IMO.

The name is taken in a few different extensions which is always good, but I feel this name has to be .com to obtain it's true value.

As for value, you may be able to squeeze mid $xx - low $xxx out of the right end-user. But it won't be an easy task.

•••
.net + geo = low $xx (reseller) - low $xxx (end user)

•••
Not bad for a $1.50 purchase!

•••
don't forget the renewal fees you gonna pay on it each year until it gets an offer

•••
I like the name, it may sell for mid $xxx to the right buyer. Good luck.

•••
I definitely won't be waiting around for an offer, I'm already working on my end-user contact list and emails.

•••
The problem is who knows how to spell Wyoming properly? Wy-o-ming travel dot net - it's too long - but beyond that what value would it bring developed, let along to an end user? Sell me on it :) Otherwise, it's not worth $1.50.

•••
Call it ignorance, but I'm pretty sure anyone who has an elementary education knows how to spell Wyoming. Or in the very least, those who would like to travel there. According to the national parks website, Wyoming has 7(of the most amazing) national parks which attract nearly 6 million visitors a year, and annually gain over a half a billion dollars in park tourism revenue. Even if I sell it for $50, it's still a 2400% ROI, which sounds like a worthwhile $1.50 investment to me. Are you sold? :)

From dnsaleprice:

**recent HARDER to spell than "Wyoming" sales

travelscandinavia $4500
travelazerbaijan $5,500

**us state + travel + .net

tennesseetravel $550
alaskatravelguide $360

**Wyoming related sales

discoverwyoming.com $470
yellowstone .co $3,100
wyominginfo .com $450
wyomingfun .com $350
wyominginn .com $11,000

Another other ideas on what I should ask for?

•••
Hello njstaci, I don't know if "wyoming" has some meaning, but if not, I'd say the domain worth $0

Google is just one click away? Why not use it if knowledge level isn't enough to appraise this domain?

That's a good hand reg. GEO keywords fit with any TLD IMO.
wyomingtravel.org is developed properly.

.com is for sale, this might advantage you if the current owner of .com sells it at a high price.

I'd say low-mid $xxx

Good luck.

•••
I just found out that the Wyoming Office of Tourism held a video conference on September 5th with local partners that emphasized the importance of online marketing strategies. I better strike while the iron is hot!

•••
Google is just one click away? Why not use it if knowledge level isn't enough to appraise this domain?

Yes, I use to use Google when I don't know a word, but in this case I saw the word too rare which makes me think this was an invented word or worthless, but I was not decisive, I used the conditionl phrase "if so". Note that I have not edited my first post :wave:

•••
I just found out that the Wyoming Office of Tourism held a video conference on September 5th with local partners that emphasized the importance of online marketing strategies. I better strike while the iron is hot!

yeah, but the tough part will be convincing them that wyomingtravel.net ads any value to wyomingtourism.org unless they develop it separately.

Keep us posted :)

•••
Looks like the office of tourism owns XX number of Wyoming travel-related domains including wyomingtravel dot org. Their master plan also prospects a 6% increase in visitors every year from now until 2020, which they plan on aggressively promoting with the $5 million advertising budget they just released.

I'm just gonna go for it. All they can say is nothing, or no. I'm just trying to figure out a good price tag if they (or someone else) asks.

•••
Ok guys, the department of tourism has expressed interested with a "how much" response. Like I said, I do they just released a $5 million advertising budget and this is coming from a .gov email address. I don't want to overshoot on this, and I don't want to under value.

NUMBERS?

•••
Ok guys, the department of tourism has expressed interested with a "how much" response. Like I said, I do they just released a $5 million advertising budget and this is coming from a .gov email address. I don't want to overshoot on this, and I don't want to under value.

NUMBERS?

After reading all the thread I'd think $500, considering is a .net, the amount would be good :imho:

•••
$2500.

The .com is parked. They already own the .org & .us This is a natural.

•••
good name, congrats! I think around the range of $300-400 is a fair and good offer for THEM to evaluate and they can eventually add it easily to their grown "wyoming travel/leisure/tourism" portfolio :D
we should never exaggerate in proposals when dealing with gov organizations

you would still monetize a lot over your $1.50 investment - since you got such bargain not even 3 days ago :)
I wonder from who you took it ... maybe Santa?? :D

Last edited:
•••

Funniest post I ever heard on this form...

Haven't you tried at least pasting it to google before asking?

BTW, this domain is very good for tourists/travel websites...

I say $500 to $1000. I consider it a premium domain...

•••
Funniest post I ever heard on this form...

Haven't you tried at least pasting it to google before asking?

BTW, this domain is very good for tourists/travel websites...

I say $500 to $1000. I consider it a premium domain...

Yes, I often do it, but in this case I don't know why but I thought It was an invented word, but read post number 15 where I explain my post

•••
Yes, I often do it, but in this case I don't know why but I thought It was an invented word, but read post number 15 where I explain my post

Yeah, I think it is a worthless domain, because i have never been to that state :p

•••
Yeah, I think it is a worthless domain, because i have never been to that state :p

I was not determinant when giving my 2 cents, I said if not (if it has not sense) then the $0 apply

She understood, and then give me more details

But guys, I apreciate your opinions :laugh:

After reading a few comments about I guess It was not a proper way then from me :-/

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back