Dynadot

Nixism Web Hosting Review

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey everyone,

Recently i signed up with Nixism webhosting as they seemed helpful and proffesional when in the process of looking although how teribly wrong i was!

As soon as i sent payment for the hosting there has been nothing but trouble, the support is useless they dont even know how to fix their own server issues. And if i ask them for any sort of assistance i receive a very short and rude response saying to do it myself or you are wrong.

Uptime is very poor, i recently set-up a site this morning about 3 hours ago and my site has been live for a bout 30 minutes of that time, this is the poorest uptime i have ever seen worse than a poor free host.

Honestly i would never use their service again and would highly recommend no one else go through what i have been through.

In 1 week of being with them, i have hardly any up time, poor support, a server that is installed wrong and sends me error emails that fill my inbox and rude responses when i ask for help.

In a few words: Terrible support, Rude, Very Poor Uptime, Dont know what they are doing.

Stay Clear of them.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1. The server your VPS is hosted on is online, it is not offline or experiencing any slow speeds. Below you can see the load averages, and the uptime on the server and his VPS. If your VPS is offline, then it is your fault, because as you can see the server is online, so there is no reason why your VPS is offline unless you brought it down yourself.

Server Uptime:
================
[root@node02 ~]# uptime
22:20:23 up 38 days, 1:31, 1 user, load average: 1.40, 1.31, 1.29
================

Your VPS Uptime:
================
[root@server ~]# uptime
22:25:58 up 8 days, 18:25, 1 user, load average: 0.76, 0.53, 0.47
================

2. We are an UN-MANAGED VPS provider. You knew this before you signed up, and this is mentioned everywhere on our website. We do not offer any type of support for our VPS clients.

3. You received everything you ordered, and nothing more.
================
1. Functioning UN-MANAGED VPS
2. CPanel License
================

4. We have a lot of VPS clients, so we know what we are doing. Nothing was installed wrong on your VPS. If there was anything wrong on your VPS, then it was your fault, because when we provisioned your VPS, there was nothing wrong with it. You have to take responsibility for your own actions, we do not manage your VPS server.

Last edited:
•••
Sorry But I tend to agree with the host. I'd recommend buying management as it seems your not quite sure what your doing.

•••
•••
•••
To be fair, if you want a managed provider, you really should have gone for one. With a VPS, the sort of thing you'd contact an unmanaged provider for is external network trouble or if the entire physical node seems down, etc.

•••
To be fair, if you want a managed provider, you really should have gone for one. With a VPS, the sort of thing you'd contact an unmanaged provider for is external network trouble or if the entire physical node seems down, etc.

That is correct. Or at least that would be enough to have the question about management asked in the conversation with the web hosting provider before sign up. I suppose they might offer you something in this way of course fo additional fees

•••
•••
I signed up for Nixism last year when their banner adverts were all over NP. I had a cruddy experience.. uptime was very poor as was customer service. Just thought I would chime in here as I never publicly stated how dissatisfied I was with the service.

•••
true. friendliness and kindness are not written in your tos.

What?

How was my statement not kind or friendly? Can you seriously tell my emotion from what I wrote?

... apparently not.

Yes, that is the case.

I signed up for Nixism last year when their banner adverts were all over NP. I had a cruddy experience.. uptime was very poor as was customer service. Just thought I would chime in here as I never publicly stated how dissatisfied I was with the service.

We haven't had any banner advertisements on NamePros, so what are you talking about?

We haven't had any serious downtime in the past 9 months.. When I say "serious" I mean more than 5-10 minutes of downtime.

•••
you might want to show at least a little bit of compassion for your (former) customer, if you even have any. and yes, i know that you're not obligated by your tos to be sympathetic, but sounding like a nazi is not going to do you any good either.

no offence, but it really seems like "where clients matter" is nothing more than an empty slogan.

i don't recall any banner advertisements from nixism either - just plenty of cut-and-paste spam replies to web hosting requests. you can tell because the offers given by nixism didn't even fulfill the requirements that the ops are looking for, lol.

•••
you might want to show at least a little bit of compassion for your (former) customer, if you even have any. and yes, i know that you're not obligated by your tos to be sympathetic, but sounding like a nazi is not going to do you any good either.

no offence, but it really seems like "where clients matter" is nothing more than an empty slogan.

How am I sounding like a "nazi" or better yet.. where am I being rude?

I am actually very calm here, while the OP is trying to tarnish our reputation, but is doing a VERY bad job at doing so. You do not know the details so stay out of this conversation.

i don't recall any banner advertisements from nixism either - just plenty of cut-and-paste spam replies to web hosting requests. you can tell because the offers given by nixism didn't even fulfill the requirements that the ops are looking for, lol.

Funny thing is.. if that were true my replies would of gotten deleted.

Read the market place rules.

•••
1) the nazi comment was made because all you mention are the rules rules rules without any sympathy or compassion.

2) your reputation already had some tarns on it (lolz) prior to the op's post (read below).

3) funny thing is, you have had replies deleted and probably have had warning issued as well, but if you want to reiterate this again you're more than welcome to. i welcome it, actually.

=====

(i'm glad to see that you're not showing any sympathy for your former customer though. very impressive! to everyone else: nota bene.)

•••
1) the nazi comment was made because all you mention are the rules rules rules without any sympathy or compassion.

2) your reputation already had some tarns on it (lolz) prior to the op's post (read below).

3) funny thing is, you have had replies deleted and probably have had warning issued as well, but if you want to reiterate this again you're more than welcome to. i welcome it, actually.

=====

(i'm glad to see that you're not showing any sympathy for your former customer though. very impressive! to everyone else: nota bene.)

Why should I show him any sympathy?

He no longer hosts with us.. he came here to write a bad review.. what is he doing for me or Nixism? Nothing. So why should I show him in sympathy?

No, I did not have any of my posts deleted or received any warnings. I never been banned on these forums or given any negative rep, or infractions.

Your posts are meaningless.

•••
I assume he meant that you need to respect each customer you have even if the one is trouble for you

•••
No, I did not have any of my posts deleted or received any warnings. I never been banned on these forums or given any negative rep, or infractions.

Just want to step in here and say that I can corroborate this statement. bl3zn has not been issued any warnings, banned, or anything of that nature. If a post or two has been deleted along the way (I can't recall any offhand), I think that's hardly a comment on business practices.

Just wanted to set that record straight. Do try to keep this reasonable and civil. Thanks!

•••
Why should I show him any sympathy?

He no longer hosts with us.. he came here to write a bad review.. what is he doing for me or Nixism? Nothing. So why should I show him in sympathy?
thanks for sharing. i think we all understand your views now. you don't feel badly at all for the situation because he isn't doing anything for you. :bingo:

i feel sorry for anyone who might have car trouble and get stranded in front of your house and needs to borrow a phone, any physically disabled person walking behind you into a building that needs someone to hold the door, and any of your customers who have an issue that you are not technically responsible for.

:great:

•••
thanks for sharing. i think we all understand your views now. you don't feel badly at all for the situation because he isn't doing anything for you. :bingo:

i feel sorry for anyone who might have car trouble and get stranded in front of your house and needs to borrow a phone, any physically disabled person walking behind you into a building that needs someone to hold the door, and any of your customers who have an issue that you are not technically responsible for.

:great:

That is a TOTALLY different scenario.

This guy tried to sabotage my company with these remarks, so "no" I am not keen on helping him out or showing any sympathy.

Would you be sympathetic to the guy that tried to rob you? or your family members? or tried to hurt you in any way? If so, you must be 1 in a million!

•••
I'm gunna poke my nose in here, It's not about treating that (ex) customer with respect it's about handling yourself professionally in a public issue.

If I was looking for a host and read this, I haven't built any respect or trust for you, quite the opposite.

So yeh, it works both ways.

•••
Where am I not acting professionally.. are we reading 2 different threads here?

There are people in here that should not be poking their nose in here, but all they are doing is adding to the fire.

•••
for a rock solid example of being professional, see what jack wrote in this thread http://www.namepros.com/web-hosting-discussion/527909-fused-hosting-review.html. keep in mind throughout reading this professional response, that it seems to be the customer's error, not the hosting company.

jack (fusedhosting.net) said:
Hello Sean,

I am sorry you had a bad experience with Fused Hosting. We really do try our hardest to have the highest possible customer satisfaction.

Unfortunately, every issue that you had was localised to your account and was not server-wide. The trend with these kind of issues suggests that there is something wrong with the files that are being hosted, and not the server.

For any interested, these are the threads that Sean kindly shared with the tech team:
core files so big! / glype proxy script - free anonymous proxies list
Apache "core" files? - Defender Hosting Forums

You describe them as 'resolutions', when in fact they are just you proving it is the server.

Additionally, I would like to point out that most of our responses were made to you within 10 minutes, and even shorter when you encountered 4 of our members of staff in the Name Pros live chat.

However, we respect your decision to move to a new host. As you have been with us quite happy for 3 months now, and 2 days ago you renewed your hosting for the 4th month, I can offer you a full refund for the month you just purchased if you wish, please reply to the ticket you currently have open with us.

Kind Regards,
Jack Heskett.
FusedHosting.net - Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Proxy Hosting, Virtual Private Servers, Dedicated Servers - Home - Index

:great: :kickass: :tu: %%-

take-aways:

- showed compassion, regardless of who was "right"
- explained the issue and steps taken
- showed respect, despite receiving a negative review
- went above and beyond by offering a full refund

for the record, i have never been, nor am i currently a customer of fused. while their customer support is rock solid, i wouldn't say that it is out of the norm for a hosting company that conducts themselves professionally. well done nonetheless, fused.

•••
I am a fused customer, and that's one of the reasons.

You're HOSTILE, so yeh, un professional imho.

•••
Hey i am not trying to ruin your reputation i have simply made a post on my views of your hosting service, i tried to reason with you before going public but your hosting company was rude and un helpful.

I asked for my money back after 5 days of being with you as i was unhappy with your service and support, although everytime i asked i was given a copy and paste from your TOS:

You are only allowed 24 (twenty-four) hours to request a refund for your VPS Server or your Dedicated Server. Which means 24 (twenty-four) hours after your account is activated, once this time period is pasted you will not be refunded under any circumstances.

It took over a day to set-up my account how am i meant to know what it is like within 24 hours?

Here are some responses from support when i asked for help:

Was being sent error messages to my email even though i hadnt even logged into the VPS yet, i made a support ticket which was long and detailed and this was the response:

Did you run this as it suggests?

You should attempt run /usr/local/cpanel/bin/nativessl-install

I then got everything working until the server continuously started dropping out when trying to create a few emails on one of the accounts. Made a ticket and the response was:

The server is online, and your VPS is also online.

There are many more but they show how poor this host is. Dont try to help you, dont try to work with you, dont care at all. As soon as you sign-up your on your own and you wont get your money back when you realise they are terrible.

•••
Hey i am not trying to ruin your reputation i have simply made a post on my views of your hosting service, i tried to reason with you before going public but your hosting company was rude and un helpful.

I asked for my money back after 5 days of being with you as i was unhappy with your service and support, although everytime i asked i was given a copy and paste from your TOS:

You agreed to our T.O.S when signing up, so we are not going to break our T.O.S for anyone.

It took over a day to set-up my account how am i meant to know what it is like within 24 hours?

You were sent your VPS Welcome Email 30-40 mins after you paid your first invoice. If you want to be technical, it was exactly 42 mins. *We can provide proof of this.*

Here are some responses from support when i asked for help:

Was being sent error messages to my email even though i hadnt even logged into the VPS yet, i made a support ticket which was long and detailed and this was the response:

I then got everything working until the server continuously started dropping out when trying to create a few emails on one of the accounts. Made a ticket and the response was:

Yes, you did receive that response from support.. You know why? Because, we are an un-managed VPS Provider.. We told you the command to run to fix your problems, and you never ran it? If you do not know how to use SSH, then learn or hire a server management team.

You only submitted 2 tickets, one ticket was for us to transfer over your websites and the other was "how to create accounts in whm". We agreed to transfer over your domains for you, but we required certain information that was not given to us. Like I said previously, we are not your VPS Management, so we are limited on what we can answer for you.. but at the end of the day we still answered your questions, and we still pointed you in the right direction.. But, you refused to help yourself.

As the saying goes.. We can't help you more, than you can help yourself.

There are many more but they show how poor this host is. Dont try to help you, dont try to work with you, dont care at all. As soon as you sign-up your on your own and you wont get your money back when you realise they are terrible.

You brought those issues on your own. We handed you a fully functional VPS, and it is functioning to this day(not anymore, since it was destroyed). Above we showed you the uptime stats of the dedicated server, and your vps server. So you can not say the server or your vps was ever offline.

Last edited:
•••
wow, it's like you didn't even read the incredible post that jack made...

anyone else want a shot at trying to explain to blaZ3n what he's doing wrong? it seems like all the bad reviews of nixism on the internet and this thread aren't making enough of an impression on him.

blaZ3n said:
We can't help you more, than you can help yourself.

this should be your new slogan.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back