Dynadot

Fabulous Parking

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
OFFICIAL FABULOUS.com Thread

I was wondering how long people have waited for decisions from Fabulous.com? I recently applied for the first time.

That aside, I'd like to hear some recent opinions on their service. All input is greatly appreciated. :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ask mike if it's been a while...

http://www.namepros.com/member.php?u=15292

he will give you an answer regardless of outcome, fabulous is one of the top as far as a registrar and also as a domain parking company, customer service is good and a good honest crew works for them, just like other companies trafficz, domain sponsor, parked, fabulous, namedrive etc... some domains will perform better on different platforms, definitely throw fabulous into your testing rotation if approved as I'm sure at least a few of your domains will do the best there, they are selective and focus mainly on generic keyword domains that should receive some form of type in traffic as they are trying to protect their google ad feed from dilution from lower quality domains so the payouts remain high for everyone.

•••
What is Ironic about Namepros is ... I don't know how many people on this forum actually do domains as their profession.

In 2005, when my parking revenue exceeded $10,000 a month it became my profession. 80 percent of all my domains or are parked at Fabulous.

When I attend other domain conventions it seems that others I talk to "who do this as a profession" also park at Fabulous and some park at Domain Sponsor.

What type of portfolio does it take to get accepted to Fabulous?

1. Domains that get "targetable traffic" - type in traffic and visitors know what they are looking for. I have found that domains that consist of keywords that match the sponsored links on the landing page do exceptionally well on Fabulous. I have many domains parked at Fabulous that meet this criteria and indexed on google on page1.

2. Domains with good extensions such as .com / .net / .org and sometimes .us. I suggest not even bother trying to park .biz or .info unless its a single word domain.

3. Domains that are not infringing on other's name mark or trade mark.

4. Domains that do not have incoming links to them. I suggest not parking dropped domains bought on auctions unless the traffic is all type in. However most really good type in traffic names never make it to the auction anyway.

But besides the highest revenue for parking, I believe they have the best software for parking, analytics, sales, and domain control.

I also think the have the best support team that runs 24-7. If you have a domain emergancy you can call them anytime and they do respond to emails rather quickly. I have had problems in the past with SEDO , Moniker, and DS and if it happens on a weekend ... its just too bad.

What i can not understand is why anyone else on this forum would even consider parking somewhere else.

•••
danielr said:
What i can not understand is why anyone else on this forum would even consider parking somewhere else.

I like Fabulous very much, and I am moving my portfolio to Fabulous after the collaps of DotRegistrar. However, I am not professional and have very few high-traffic domains which don't perform well with Fabulous because of very specific geo-targeting requirements. Actually, most of my domains don't satisfy all criteria listed above, and I have to rotate them for best allocation.

•••
Our Account Managers have been on holiday break since Dec 22 and only just returned to the office in the last day or two. Over this time, new signups were not being reviewed.

If you are still waiting to hear if your application has been successfull please contact [email protected] with your username and list of domains.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

•••
FAB is a great service.

If you have problems with waiting, send them another email. Usually someone responds immediately. I have done that on real high traffic names or quality names that I am moving there.

However, I set up an account at Parked.com to get going and then move them over to FAB after approved b/c I don't like the waiting period they have.

I usually leave them at Parked for a month and then move them so that I have a gauge as to what they should make at a minimum. If they don't make that then I move them back to Parked.

But, of course, you can use any other parking company that accepts domains immediately so as to not lose income for a 2-3 day period.

•••
Fabulous is the best parking program around. Highly optimized landers and the best payouts. I saw my revenue increase 20 fold from Sedo and it is still increasing daily. If accepted, you will be pleased.

•••
innovation said:
Fabulous is the best parking program around. Highly optimized landers and the best payouts. I saw my revenue increase 20 fold from Sedo and it is still increasing daily. If accepted, you will be pleased.

Sedo is really bad IMHO. They will pull the famous "Sedo Screw" - where you earnings start high and keep tapering down over time. I have always felt they are shady too, in many respects.

FAB rocks on the U.S. traffic. and is definitely better in almost every category over Sedo.

•••
Does FAB only accept US traffic or not? I have several domains there have 20-30 impressions daily but Zero Unique (and of course Zero Click).

I am not sure why Zero Unique but 20-30 impressions.. And those domains do get a few clicks when parked with Sedo.

I just started park with FAB less than one month. The result is not good but I think I have lots to learn there and hope everything would be fine 2 or 3 months later

•••
Give it some time. I saw my revenues increase for 1 1/2 months straight and they are still rising. Today, I'm looking to have my second best day in that time.

•••
It's possible that those domains are receiving spider or bot traffic. This would explain the impressions being recorded but no uniques or clicks.

If you want, drop [email protected] an email and they can get one of the Account Reps to take a closer look.

Cheers,

Mike

•••
Mike Fabulous said:
It's possible that those domains are receiving spider or bot traffic. This would explain the impressions being recorded but no uniques or clicks.

If you want, drop [email protected] an email and they can get one of the Account Reps to take a closer look.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks Mike!
I will spend more time on learning optimizing my domains with FAB and wait things happen patiently.
Heard so many sucsecceful storoes of FAB here and I believe I would be one of them soon future:)

•••
I just applied Fabulous. I hope the waiting period will be faster.

Thanks anyone for interesting info from Fabulous

•••
Just yesterday I got my highest click ever from a medical-related domain at Fabulous - $8.81. Woo hoo!

•••
I'm thrilled with Fabulous, but I only have 3 days under my belt. So far only 1 paid click to speak of, but it's a start - and that first one feels great!

Does anyone know if they take drug related domains? For example something like, xanaxgeneric.com?

•••
I don't think they take TM names, and the Xanax part is TM - but Mike would have to respond to that. They didn't want my ElvisFest.org (which is an actual festival here)

•••
NameLinker said:
Does FAB only accept US traffic or not? I have several domains there have 20-30 impressions daily but Zero Unique (and of course Zero Click).

I am not sure why Zero Unique but 20-30 impressions.. And those domains do get a few clicks when parked with Sedo.

I just started park with FAB less than one month. The result is not good but I think I have lots to learn there and hope everything would be fine 2 or 3 months later

No.... FAB does not accept international traffic. That is one BIG negative to me. They pay out handsomely for U.S. traffic, but the international is where you will lose out. So, if you have a domain that is 30% international traffic, as most domains usually have, or even higher, then you lose out on any revenue you might have gleaned from that 30%, unless it sneaks by somehow.

International traffic domains should be parked somewhere else.

I love FAB, but I really dislike that aspect of their system. They lose out on much of my traffic.

Try to only park domains with 90% + U.S./English language traffic with them to cut the losses on the international traffic.

•••
Seabass said:
No.... FAB does not accept international traffic.

Blimey what a swizz, I'll start moving some of my domains away as soon as possible.l

•••
What I don't understand about Fabulous is the different companies or feeds they offer like Roar, Intelligible domains, Holding Group and Premium

How do you know what to set each name on?

•••
danielr said:
...snip...

One reason is that Fab does not accept url's in traditional or simplified Chinese characters... or any other IDN for that matter.

A while back I spent some time reading the last few years worth of Danielr's posts on another forum. It is time well spent. After reading his messages and sending him a few PM's, I moved almost everything to Fabulous and have been smiling ever since. Danielr also suggested DomainSponsor as a second to learn about what people are searching for. Thanks again for the help Daniel!!! I still owe you that dinner.

DnPresident said:
What I don't understand about Fabulous is the different companies or feeds they offer like Roar, Intelligible domains, Holding Group and Premium

Holding means that the parked pages are very generic list of links only. Ok for holding while you wait. You occasionally even get a paid click on these types of pages, but that is not the way to go for ppc.

For parking: Just use premium, and go with the Fabulous plus landers. This gives you a lot of freedom in designing your own landing page.

Marc

•••
DnPresident said:

I strongly suggest you contact your Fabulous Rep by email and be specific. Maybe ask Specific questions.

To the best of my knowledge:

Premium parking uses Google Feeds and pays revenue share:
For the most part this is the highest paying feed (unless it is online gaming or adult). It is also the most strict and harder to get names accepted into Premium.

Roar is a seperate parking Feed and part of Dark Blue Sea also a sister company of Fabulous. Roar landers have less restrictions and usually do not have revenue sharing. However if you are interested in knowing the PPC values on ROAR you can go to www.roar.com and the click on "check bid prices".

With the new Fabulous + parking... its been a bit confusing setting up gambling domains. They must be configured for Premium in order to select the Fabulous + option... but I can assure they will use ROAR links. By all means check your links by testing the page.

But the "holding group" is nothing more that grouping names.... i believe its a default setting. If you wanted move all your finance names into one group called finance and moniter the traffic... then u can select the "finance" group in revenue reports. Take some time to learn how to use the bulk tool to group your names for more effective control on similar domains.

•••
I've used the great tools at fabulous a lot over the past month or so. They have great traffic stats tools.

I do have a question about the "host" feature there, which gives you traffic source info for any domain in your account. Some of my domains have very recent traffic from sites that don't exist. In other words, the backlink is no longer working. Is there any way to figure out exactly where the traffic is coming from?

•••
I'm pretty stoked right now. I just got my approval for the Fabulous Premium Program... that's just fabulous!
:hehe:

•••
Fab pays well for Canadian traffic as well.

Wish they would allow some more tweaking of the parked pages though. Custom titles and descriptions at the very least..

•••
whitebark said:
Fab pays well for Canadian traffic as well.

Wish they would allow some more tweaking of the parked pages though. Custom titles and descriptions at the very least..

That is one of the pet peeves I have with Fab. I have over a thousand domains that I would like to at least capitalize the keywords in the domain, but cannot. The account reps at Fab do tend to put things like requests from customers on "ignore", and they don't let you modify the domains yourself.

Marc

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back