IT.COM

Fabulous Parking

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
OFFICIAL FABULOUS.com Thread

I was wondering how long people have waited for decisions from Fabulous.com? I recently applied for the first time.

That aside, I'd like to hear some recent opinions on their service. All input is greatly appreciated. :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Actually, I've had amazingly good search engine positions resulting from Fabulous' customization. I agree in principle, but so far anyway, their results seem to be as good or better than I can get myself.

I just sent 150 more names over there, so we'll see what happens to those.

•••
I've learned to not mess with their customization either. They rank very well and landers are optimized for high paying keywords, with relevant pics and links, for the most part.

•••
I edit and customize all my pages at Fabulous. It can make the links more relevant and the pages look better if you select the images and layout yourself. I am using the Fabulous + Lander pages on all my names and am getting excellent results.

I received my payment today for December. Yeah!

•••
We do have the ability to capitalize the Title of the domain. At this stage you will need to put a request to your Account rep or [email protected] if you would like this done.

For example, if you have the domain ecomputerjobs.com, typically our system would display the title as EComputerJobs.com, whereas, you may like it to display as eComputerJobs.com

Again, if you would like your titles altered, please send through to your Account Rep or [email protected]

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

•••
netmeg said:
Actually, I've had amazingly good search engine positions resulting from Fabulous' customization. I agree in principle, but so far anyway, their results seem to be as good or better than I can get myself.

I just sent 150 more names over there, so we'll see what happens to those.

I applied a week ago, but have not got any response yet. Let's see for one more week

•••
The guys are still working through the influx of applications that were submitted over the Christmas break.

If you send me your username and/or email, I will get the application reviewed ASAP.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

•••
Hi guys,

Happy New Year.

Just wanted to chime in and respond to some of the questions I missed over the Christmas break.

DomainGamer said:
Does anyone know if they take drug related domains? For example something like, xanaxgeneric.com?

As long as the drug name does not have a registered trademark we will accept it.

DnPresident said:
What I don't understand about Fabulous is the different companies or feeds they offer like Roar, Intelligible domains, Holding Group and Premium.

How do you know what to set each name on?

The different redirections we offer are:

Roar - PPC parking, using Roar.com advertisers.
DarkBlue - CPA advertising, direct to advertisers. You can view a list of advertisers at DarkBlue.com
Premium - PPC parking, using our Upstream provider Google
Hold Redirection - is the default redirection once you import your domains. It serves a generic 2-click lander, powered with Roar.com advertisers.

As DanielR mentioned, Groups are used to organize your portfolio. For example, you may have a portfolio that consists of Finance, Real Estate, Gambling and Technology domains. You can create a Group for each of these categories and segment your portfolio into these groups.

This allows you to analyze and review segments of your portfolio easier.

Let me know if there's any other questions.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

•••
Mike, I'm in the UK and I had a DarkBlue payment the other day, so today I've switched all my domains over to DarkBlue hoping that the revenue will be a bit better than on default.

When I look at the domains that have changed over, they don't look any different to me.

Is it because I'm in the UK, so I can't see what Americans can see?

Should I just leave them on default, because that's what they were on and I had a DarkBlue payment anyway?

It's difficult for me to optimise them because I don't know what other people are seeing when they visit my domains.

EDIT: My Fabulous changes have taken effect now and I can see the changes. I think the DarkBlue setting is definitely something that everyone should try.

Last edited:
•••
Ive never taken much notice of Fabulous but ive applied for an account :tu:

Hope i get accepted :)

•••
kev said:
Ive never taken much notice of Fabulous but ive applied for an account :tu:

Hope i get accepted :)

You'll like it, you can see where some of your visitors are coming from, so you know how they found you and on which search engine.

There are loads of settings you can change about in an effort to optimise your domains. The default settings work well to begin with, but then they change back to what they were with other parking providers.

I suppose all parking providers use roughly the same parameters to optimise our domains.

•••
CoolMark said:
Mike, I'm in the UK and I had a DarkBlue payment the other day, so today I've switched all my domains over to DarkBlue hoping that the revenue will be a bit better than on default.

When I look at the domains that have changed over, they don't look any different to me.

Is it because I'm in the UK, so I can't see what Americans can see?

Should I just leave them on default, because that's what they were on and I had a DarkBlue payment anyway?

It's difficult for me to optimise them because I don't know what other people are seeing when they visit my domains.

You can use a Proxy Server like proxify dot com to see what your landing page looks like in the USA.

GIL :)

•••
GILSAN said:
You can use a Proxy Server like proxify dot com to see what your landing page looks like in the USA.

Thanks GIL, I should start doing that, but I've never bothered with proxy servers before.

I'll try using one next time I optimise a few of my domains.

My Fabulous changes have taken effect now and I can see the changes. I think the DarkBlue setting is definitely something that everyone should try.

•••
Was wondering how "gadget/tech" domains perform on Fabulous? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

•••
pixelbugnyc said:
Was wondering how "gadget/tech" domains perform on Fabulous? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

If the domain consists of keywords that are commercial, that is, they have a search count and advertiser bids, they should perform well on our program.

CoolMark said:
My Fabulous changes have taken effect now and I can see the changes. I think the DarkBlue setting is definitely something that everyone should try.

The DarkBlue (CPA) program is worth trying on some domains, however, we have found that PPC provides the best results, especially our Fabulous+ landing pages.

Though each portfolio (and for that matter domain name) is different, some domains will perform better on CPA compared to PPC.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

•••
hi i just registered fabolous parking.. how long must i wait bfore i get to see if im approved.. ? n do u guys reject ppl?

•••
Seabass said:
No.... FAB does not accept international traffic. That is one BIG negative to me. They pay out handsomely for U.S. traffic, but the international is where you will lose out. So, if you have a domain that is 30% international traffic, as most domains usually have, or even higher, then you lose out on any revenue you might have gleaned from that 30%, unless it sneaks by somehow.

International traffic domains should be parked somewhere else.

I love FAB, but I really dislike that aspect of their system. They lose out on much of my traffic.

Try to only park domains with 90% + U.S./English language traffic with them to cut the losses on the international traffic.

THe way I am doing it is I am creating my own doorway pages and then redirect to various parking companies (they allow it, I didn't hide that from them).

With that kind of technique, you can send US traffic to fab, EU traffic to parked.com and the rest somewhere else.

•••
thebigmoney said:
hi i just registered fabolous parking.. how long must i wait bfore i get to see if im approved.. ? n do u guys reject ppl?

There has been a backlog of New Applications that the guys are catching up on since the Christmas break. Hopefully they will have this cleaned up in the next few days.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

•••
thebigmoney said:

I am not speaking in for Fabulous, but based on my personal experience....yes they do reject people but don't take that as a slam if it happens to you. I was rejected twice before being accepted and I am thankful that I was rejected because it forced me to fine tune and create a much better portfolio. Thanks Mike and Fab!

•••
oh !thanks for the replies.. i shd be rejected soon as ive only 3 .in domains.. haha... :)

•••
thebigmoney said:
oh !thanks for the replies.. i shd be rejected soon as ive only 3 .in domains.. haha... :)

Fabulous likes .com or even .net. When I applied and was accepted on the second attempt almost a year ago, all my .info were rejected.

Not sure about .in but I would imagine that you will not be accepted. This is just a guess.

•••
•••
Hi guys,

In response to the various questions posted in this thread:

1. We do reject applications. Basically we are looking for portfolios that consist of generic/commercial domains with natural type-in traffic. Also, we prefer English language traffic.

2. The extensions we are primarily interested in are .com, .net, .org, .co.uk, .com.au, .ca and .us.

3. At this stage we are not accepting .in and .mobi domains.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

•••
Hi Mike

Is there any chance that we can ever upload some of our own images for use on the pages? I have some very specific Canadian domains but can't find images to suit them. I don't mind having to submit them for scrutiny or anything first, but it would be nice to have the option - and more on-topic images. I'm sure there are others in this same situation. It's keeping me from moving more domains over from elsewhere.

Thanks!

•••
whitebark said:
Hi Mike

Is there any chance that we can ever upload some of our own images for use on the pages? I have some very specific Canadian domains but can't find images to suit them. I don't mind having to submit them for scrutiny or anything first, but it would be nice to have the option - and more on-topic images. I'm sure there are others in this same situation. It's keeping me from moving more domains over from elsewhere.

Thanks!

I would like to second that request from whitebark above. Fab is absolutely Fabulous, but there are some things that could be improved that would probably not take that much software development time. A few messages ago whitebark mentioned the bit about capitalizing keywords. We are not talking about changing the primary keywords, just putting the caps in the right place. I know we can ask our account reps about this, but the last time I asked this it took a few iterations to get the caps in the right place. Describing what we want to our account reps probably takes more time than just doing it ourselves for this simple task. A trivial piece of code could easily check to make sure we *do not* change the primary keyword, but just capitalize it. That is what I was complaining about in the last message.

I also share whitebark's frustration with images. I do understand that having our own images would probably increase the fab labor required for review, but how about just increasing the size of the image database as a short term fix. For example, I have a number of domains that target various ethnic groups in the professions. I had a real hard time finding an appropriate "lawyer" type of picture of a person that did not look like a bus driver. Not meaning to put down bus drivers, but they frequently have a different "look" than lawyers.

Overall you guys are doing great, but a few low-labor and low-development cost fixes could put you even further ahead of the competition than you already are.

If you want a higher development cost update, it might be nice to have the ability to have a search box like DomainSponsor and others. Sometimes I just flip some of my weirder domains over to DS to see what is going on, and that would be a nice option for Fab... of course given the choice, I would still pick Fab over some of the others that do have search boxes, but it would be a nice touch for some of the domains that have troubles with lots of uniques and few clicks.

Overall though Mike, an absolutely Fabulous service!

Marc

•••
At this stage we do not allow customers to upload their own domains. In the meantime, if you have any specific images that you would like us to include, please send your request through to your Account Rep or [email protected] (or PM me) and we will source some images for you.

I understand your frustrations with the capitalizing of keywords. I'll forward your concerns and suggestions through to the tech/design guys for review. For now though, please continue sending these requests to your Account Reps.

In regards to the Search Box, this is something I have been pushing to get added for awhile now. Hopefully it's not too much longer.

I appreciate you guys taking the time to make comments/suggestions about our program/service. I can assure you that we are listening and we will consider these points for future upgrades/releases.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back