IT.COM

LLLL.com COUNTDOWN!

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
COUNTDOWN COMPLETE!

NO MORE 4 LETTER DOMAIN AVAILABLE TO REGISTER!

Since early 2005, I have been investing/trading with 4 letter domain names. I started this thread due to the large variation in opinions on how many four letter domains there are available. When I started, I heard a range on viewpoints ranging from 200,000 down to nothing. What I learned that most people did not know how many were available.

Sources of Error for the estimates in number of available 4 letter domains include:

Traffic Testers: These are people who buy thousands of domains at a time to see if the domains are being visited and only keep the small percentage of domains that have regular visitors and cancel their orders for the domains that don't have a regular flow of visitors.

Inefficient ways of making estimates: There are over 450 thousand possible 4-Letter domains. There are short cuts that people can take in estimating the number that been registered that don't include all domains. One short cut that is often taken is for somebody to search through a list of previously available 4 letter names that they purchased (or got for free) and assume that all the names that are not on that list are registered.

People quoting old information:The variation in the number available changes all the time. Estimates that are months old are very different than up to date estimates.

People manipulating information for a sale:It definately is true that incorrect information on the available number of 4-letter domains can intensionally be manipulated to sell 4-letter domains at a higher price. Typically the lack of supply tends to motivate people to pay higher prices.

As a 4-letter domain trader, I believe that the information of how many 4-letter domains there are is extremely valuable for two main reasons. Firstly, my pricing of my names is subject to the amount of work it requires for customer to find for similar name. Secondly, if I want to increase my stock of 4-letter names than the information of how many there are at reg fee prices is essential.

I decided to update this thread when the number of available 4-letter domains dropped to the following levels:
22% Remaining - 25th January 2006
19% Remaining - 31st March 2006
16% Remaining - 29th June 2006
13% Remaining - 1st August 2006
10% Remaining - 15th February 2007 (crossed without traffic testing early April)
9% Remaining - 26th February 2007 (crossed without traffic testing early May)
8% Remaining - 2nd March 2007 (crossed without traffic testing in June)
7% Remaining - 21st March 2007 (crossed without traffic testing early July)
6% Remaining - 3rd July 2007(crossed without traffic testing some time in July)
5% Remaining - 1st August 2007(crossed without traffic testing August 11)
4% Remaining - 14th August 2007(crossed late August)
3% Remaining - 15th September 2007(crossed In September)
2% Remaining - 14th October 2007
1% Remaining - 31st October 2007
0% Remaining - 2nd November - COUNTDOWN COMPLETE!

Although, the number of available domains does sometime rise straight after it drops due to traffic testing and people dropping their domains, I don't consider it worth mentioning unless the rise is as significant as a 3% rise in the number of available domains.

Types of Four Letter Domains that have run out include:
- ALL OF THEM!

Since I started this thread important event about four letter domains that are worth mentioning happenned:

1: Late March/Early April 2006 there was a significant shift in the market for brandable (fake words) 4-letter domains and they started selling at significantly higher prices and the market for the names has been a lot more active ever since.

2: In July 2006, a namepros member 3par launched DYYO.com as a site committed to educating people about 4 letter domains. This is an excellent resource for those who are interested in 4 letter domain names.

3: In early February 2007. All the 4 letter domains starting with the letter A ran out.

4: wasistdas won QQNQ.COM, PCZV.COM & IQKE.COM for the competition for predicting when the 4 Letter domains would run out
Less than 23% of the 4 letter domain names are unregistered. I thought I'd try to keep this thread updated every time I discover another 1% reduction. I am now routinely checking the percentage of unregisted 4 letter domains.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The Walsho said:
Where can I find what ones are still available?

QVWB.COM
QVWG.COM
QVWL.COM
QVXB.COM
QVXG.COM
QXGV.COM
VQZF.COM
VQZH.COM
VQZJ.COM
VQZK.COM
VQZR.COM
VQZS.COM
VQZT.COM
VQZW.COM
VWGQ.COM
VWJQ.COM
VWLQ.COM
VWQB.COM
VWQC.COM
VWQD.COM
VWQG.COM
VWQJ.COM
VWQK.COM
VWQX.COM
VWRQ.COM
VWZQ.COM
VXDQ.COM
VXJQ.COM
VXKQ.COM
VXLQ.COM
VXQC.COM
VXQF.COM
VXQM.com
VXQN.COM
XGVQ.COM
XHVQ.COM
XJQV.COM
XJVQ.COM
XQJV.COM
XQVB.COM
XQVJ.COM
XQVZ.COM
XVGQ.COM
XVMQ.COM
XVPQ.COM
XVQB.COM
XVQD.COM
XVQG.COM
XVQT.COM
XVQW.COM
XVQZ.COM
XVRQ.COM
XVTQ.com

•••
filter said:
Dear Registration Private,

The following domain name has failed to be registered:

ZVQK.COM

Error: ZVQK.COM: cannot register - already registered
:lol: :sold: :lol:

I took it, the last ZLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

•••
eg.domains said:
58 left .. :talk: :lala:

yes 58 like the people watching this thread:

5ykf7zl.jpg

•••
•••
Who is going to take the rest???? I know someone wants to....

•••
•••
•••
•••
so, less domains left that readers here :)

can someone post the updated list, please!

•••
Will they all be regged before 100 pages? :hehe:

•••
•••
vlad74 said:
so, less domains left that readers here :)

can someone post the updated list, please!

QVWB.COM
QVWG.COM
QVWL.COM
QVXB.COM
QVXG.COM
QXGV.COM
VWLQ.COM
VWQB.COM
VWQC.COM
VWQG.COM
VWQK.COM
VWQX.COM
VWRQ.COM
VWZQ.COM
VXDQ.COM
VXKQ.COM
VXLQ.COM
VXQC.COM
VXQF.COM
VXQM.com
VXQN.COM
XGVQ.COM
XHVQ.COM
XJQV.COM
XJVQ.COM
XQJV.COM
XQVB.COM
XQVJ.COM
XQVZ.COM
XVGQ.COM
XVMQ.COM
XVPQ.COM
XVQB.COM
XVQD.COM
XVQG.COM
XVQT.COM
XVQW.COM
XVQZ.COM
XVTQ.com

•••
We are going to hit 100 pages before the last LLLL.com falls.

•••
Qvwb.com
Qvwg.com
Qvwl.com
Qvxb.com
Qvxg.com
Qxgv.com
Vwqc.com
Vwqg.com
Vwqk.com
Vwqx.com
Vwrq.com
Vwzq.com
Vxdq.com
Vxkq.com
Vxlq.com
Vxqc.com
Vxqf.com
Vxqm.com
Vxqn.com
Xgvq.com
Xhvq.com
Xjqv.com
Xjvq.com
Xqjv.com
Xqvb.com
Xqvj.com
Xqvz.com
Xvgq.com
Xvmq.com
Xvpq.com
Xvqb.com
Xvqd.com
Xvqg.com
Xvqt.com
Xvqw.com
Xvqz.com
Xvtq.com

•••
eg.domains said:
40 left .. :talk: :lala:

35 left .. :talk: :wave: :snaphappy:

•••
eg.domains said:
35 left .. :talk: :wave: :snaphappy:

start the fireworks....we`re making the domain history! :xf.love:

•••
I got a few more from remaining :)

•••
•••
They're all usable! Here's what I've done with QZGV.com this morning, for those who want to see! Use your imagination and REG! www.qzgv.com

Good luck to all and yah we knew this would happen!

Andrea

•••
IS everyone heading over to buyout LLL.in next???

•••
Hi all LLLL.com lovers,

I Think its time for Vote of thanks speach for this wonderful thread.

Thank you NP, VURG, italiandragon and 3par(dyyo).

Because of this thread i am introduced to this LLLL domains.

Though i am in namepros from the starting of this year, i am very late to view this thread. From the first time i saw this thread, i stuck to it. Its a daily routine for me to check my mail and this thread everyday morning. From last one month i am glued to this.

Interesting fact about this thread: It took more than 1 year to reach 20 pages, and in the last three months itself it reached 99 pages mark.

I hope this thread(and dyyo also) will still be active and helpful resource for evaluation and sales reports.

Cheers guys. Great moment. We are all part of this history.

srisri24

Last edited:
•••

QVWB.COM
QVWG.COM
QVWL.COM
QVXB.COM
QVXG.COM
QXGV.COM
VXDQ.COM
VXKQ.COM
VXLQ.COM
VXQC.COM
VXQF.COM
VXQM.com
VXQN.COM
XGVQ.COM
XHVQ.COM
XJQV.COM
XJVQ.COM
XQVB.COM
XQVJ.COM
XQVZ.COM
XVGQ.COM
XVMQ.COM
XVPQ.COM
XVQB.COM
XVQD.COM
XVQG.COM
XVQT.COM
XVQW.COM
XVQZ.COM

•••
•••
All gone! Grabbed the lot!

Nice talking to you guys.

John

•••
No, the all gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back