Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

domain Weblawyer.mobi

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

BOB STAHL

Established Member
Impact
0
Value ?
 
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
value is zero
 
0
•••
MarcelProust said:
value is zero

Sorry but I realy do not like this kind of feedback. we should give out "why" comments.
I think that this domain is a nice one. I am not sure about the value since .mobi is still very new in the marketplace
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Ok. Value is zero because I think nobody is going to use .mobi extension for any website related to the field the domain refers to. Even for mobile phone related things I see very low value for .mobi names.
 
0
•••
I happen to like the name personally for the feasibility of a lucrative future resale! It is inevitable phones will connect to the web more easily! It is also inevitable people will need Lawyers. It seems most people relate .mobi to cars as opposed to phones!!! (Read between the lines). The web is easier than the phone book to use for most of us, Right? How can the name fail!!! In two or three years I would speculate the value at about $33,000.00 plus. They said the .net would never fly!!! It did. They said other domain extensions would not make it. They are!!! If you don't get in on the .mobi land rush now, you will miss boat!
Bill Gates said that the domain business is the best investment ever in history and will continue to be for as far as the eye can see!
PS: I bought GOD.mobi. They will pray before they call an attorney, I am betting! ^_^
 
Last edited:
0
•••
TPSchaeffer said:
I happen to like the name personally for the feasibility of a lucrative future resale! It is inevitable phones will connect to the web more easily! It is also inevitable people will need Lawyers. It seems most people relate .mobi to cars as opposed to phones!!! (Read between the lines). The web is easier than the phone book to use for most of us, Right? How can the name fail!!! In two or three years I would speculate the value at about $33,000.00 plus. They said the .net would never fly!!! It did. They said other domain extensions would not make it. They are!!! If you don't get in on the .mobi land rush now, you will miss boat!
Bill Gates said that the domain business is the best investment ever in history and will continue to be for as far as the eye can see!
PS: I bought GOD.mobi. They will pray before they call an attorney, I am betting! ^_^
I do agree with you. Me too I do the domain investment the same way!
 
0
•••
I really half agree/disagree with both of you.

The name's not worth nothing for two reasons.

1) There are enough people out there who have incredibly high expectations for the .mobi extention (borderline crazy) that he could quite easily sell today for the mid to upper $xx range to another domain farmer (especially inexperienced ones) in an auction.

2) It's quite likely that the .mobi extension WILL catch on in a few years' time(mobile Internet will become quite popular, so long as the prices come down). However, I don't believe they'll be quite as popular as TPSchaffer does. It's just crazy to believe that this particular domain name will sell in the mid $XX,XXX range. Even if the mobile web becomes popular, desktop Internet will still vastly dominate the market, and as Marcel pointed out, lawyers are not the typical thing people will be looking for on their mobile browser (I'd guess maps, dating, sports, news, and video will be the key areas of interest). Myself personally, if I'm looking for a lawyer, it can wait till I get home - there's no immediate need to look for one on my cell phone's awkwardly small screen.

Anyway... my own price valuation:

Now: mid $xx to low $xxx
3 Years from now: mid $xxx - mid $xxxx, potential to get to very low $xxxxx, but only if everything goes terrificly in your favour with the growth of mobile web and the .mobi extension, and you get extremely lucky in finding the right buyer... I'd put low $xxxxx in the less than 1% chance of happening category.


You might also try selling to Aboutdomains or TPSchaffer... if they're so confident in their price valuation of $33,000+, they'd probably be quite interested at the prospect of picking up the domain name for a measley $20,000 investment (I suspect you might be happy giving it up for that price).
;)


Hope that helps,

Pavel
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back