Starting out

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

JLJ

NameCaesar.comEstablished Member
Impact
113
Hi guys,
I've been delving into the industry for the last two days, and I think it's actually pretty damn cool.
However I do not have the eye to know what might make profit and what might not. I've bought two shitty domains (which I got a refund, thank the lord), and now I've bought one - loverz.org - which in my opinion would have some value, but it's tricky.
So I wanted to ask if someone more knowledgeable could refer some (up-to-date) articles about the business.
I should probably say that I'm a student trying to make some to afford my studied on the long term.
Thank you for your time
 
2
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Get your money back on that one too.
 
2
•••
I see. I might take your advice on that one but what I really wish to know is how you get to that conclusion
 
0
•••
I see. I might take your advice on that one but what I really wish to know is how you get to that conclusion

Experience is how. There is no substitute.
 
0
•••
My advice: think like an end user. If you were an end user, would you pay a lot of money to buy your own domains, or would you settle for another available domain instead ? Can you see a real, thriving business on your domains ? For example, a dating site using loverz.org does not instill a lot of confidence to me, and commercial sites normally avoid .org. Somebody who has a budget for a good domain can afford to be picky and will usually get a .com.

I would suggest to pick domains in niches you are familiar with, domains that you could use.
Or better yet, don't buy anything. Read and learn first. Stick around for a few months, and soak up all the information you can. Then buy something when you have a good idea of what makes a domain valuable. Nobody should expect to become a domain expert overnight...
 
5
•••
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back