Dynadot

question Question regarding trademarks

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

bonin

DimitarBonin.comTop Member
Impact
Recently i owned a domain name, for example: attitude.info ( this word is very similar to the word that I recently bought ). This is a very common word which we using every day in different situations, can I have a problem for the near future with this domain.

I found a company which using a .net domain for their primary website and onother one which owns .com and redirecting to other website.

I checked for a trademarks with the same word and I found that company 1 (which is the ouner of .net ) has registered trade marks for this word in EU and UK and the trademark is for class 36, 41, 42, 43, and 44.

Trade mark
ATTITUDE
Status
Registered

Relevant dates
Filing date
16 February 2015
Date of entry in register
20 July 2015
Renewal date
16 February 2025

List of services
Class 36
Charitable fund raising; charitable collections and organisation of collections; fund investment and financial services; all of the aforementioned for charitable purposes.
Class 41
Education and training.
Class 43
Providing accommodation, food and drink; all of the aforementioned for charitable purposes.
Class 44
Provision of medical assistance; medical services and health care; veterinary services; agricultural advisory services; all of the aforementioned for charitable purposes.

Can I have a problem with this common word?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
trademark law is complex
I am not a lawyer
-------------------------

they may have a trademark
but you only will have issues,
if you actually use your domain in a way
that it interferes with their actual trademark
means you need to check "classes"
and the details of what they have protected

if you have a "for sale page" with no ads
most of time or will be fine

- just my experience - no advice -

•••
Thanks I check "classes" and I think will be fine, but looking for more opinions

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back