Dynadot

Lll ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

.X.

In God I TrustTop Member
Impact
I have been looking at .us LLL drops... They are selling between $60-$150 on TDNAM ect....But...The majority of them have no official acronym meaning...Am i missing something here? lol.... Although i understand LLL's in general are collectors items ..due to the rarity,What is the purpose of spending $100's ..perhaps $1000's of dollars on LLL's that have no official acronym meaning??

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
IMHO are people making long-term investments. The .us market has really been heating up the last year and even bad 3 letter .us domains could sell at a lot more in the years to come just as the 3 letter .com market turned out with bad 3 letter .com domains.

New domainers with low investment capital might see this as a chance to get a food into the three letter market.

•••
IMHO, the letter US market is just heating up too much for my liking... it was not long back when you could get them for regfee(yes regfee, i bought lots for 10-12s during jan-feb of this year) so in about 5-6 months the price has increased 5fold(for the worst letters)! while the other extensions have seen near 2times increase.

It's only a matter when the other extensions come up, i'd now rather buy a 3 letter .org rather than shelling out for a LLL.us, but hey thats just my take on this... lets see what others think :tu:

•••
Rush said:
IMHO, the letter US market is just heating up too much for my liking... it was not long back when you could get them for regfee(yes regfee, i bought lots for 10-12s during jan-feb of this year) so in about 5-6 months the price has increased 5fold(for the worst letters)! while the other extensions have seen near 2times increase.

It's only a matter when the other extensions come up, i'd now rather buy a 3 letter .org rather than shelling out for a LLL.us, but hey thats just my take on this... lets see what others think :tu:

I hear ya...I hand regged 27 .us LLL's ,Sold them all at $30 to $40 apiece...But all the ones i regged had true acronym meaning...What i am seeing being sold.. is useless junk imo...But..they are selling like hot cakes.

FanCube said:
IMHO are people making long-term investments. The .us market has really been heating up the last year and even bad 3 letter .us domains could sell at a lot more in the years to come just as the 3 letter .com market turned out with bad 3 letter .com domains.

New domainers with low investment capital might see this as a chance to get a food into the three letter market.

I see your point...And surely people will buy them...But the return on investment is extremly low...And some what risky imo...The majority of these useless LLL's sit and collect dust at the owners reg...They don't have an official use...Although they are appealing to resellers...I guess these junk LLL's just keep changing owners...And collecting dust in several owners reg accts :lol:

•••
It isn't any different than domains like XQJ.net or ZVQ.com. There is inherent value in LLL domains because of their scarcity. If everyone stopped buying them, there would not be any value in the crummy letters.

PS Many LLL.us domains are going higher than $150 now. I sold IBC.us last week for $1,200 to a reseller.

•••
And some lucky backorderer paid $18.99 for XML.US in the drops this week, alas it was not me.

•••
I was looking through a list of better LLLL names (same idea) and decided to see what was on the . com and .net: Parked. Parked. Parked. Parked. Parked. Parked. Parked. Parked. Vanity site. Parked. Parked. Parked. Parked. Small company. Parked. Parked.

Have you guys noticed that the same is true for keyword names - There may be a top tier of geniune businesses, and then a wide realm of parking pages and unresolving-but-taken domains before you get to the junk that is not regged.

•••
No kidding, last night I went through the LLL.us list sorted by email contact just to see who owns what. After I removed all of the domains from the list that were clearly domain investors, the 17,000+ became just over 2,000 and this does not include those that that were on parked pages but where the owner only had one or two registered.

I'm still picking up the few I can, but with the nagging doubt in my mind of "Does anyone but domain investors really care about these things!?".

•••
One very good argument i've heard from Grrilla for getting LLL's is their future potential, whether they mean anything now or not. The basic idea is that any combination of letters or numbers could one day be well known as an acronym for something, like mp3. The most unlikely letters like Z X & Q have just as good a chance as so called premium letters.

One person's domain junk is another person's domain treasure. ;)

•••
As I have said before, I would rather shell out $100-200 on a good 3 letter .INFO which has MUCH MORE potential and GREATER audience then some US audience.

This is way too inflated. If you want 3 letter i bet you could find .biz for cheaper.

I recently bought a 3 letter word .info for $200ish. IMO much better investment then going to TDNAM and bidding for random acronyms.

•••
.us will soon overtake .info. .info doesn't seem to have caught on all that much...

•••
Chappy said:
.us will soon overtake .info. .info doesn't seem to have caught on all that much...

just sold jav dot info
i just checked out the new registrant and he is from germany head of the icann board of directors, that must say something for the future of .info is
board members are will to pay up to 2000 grand for a LLL.info

Last edited:
•••
harpo said:
just sold jav dot info
i just checked out the new registrant and he is from germany head of the icann board of directors, that must say something for the future of .info is

Oh Wow.

I feel a WHOLE lot better about the future of this industry. Really.

We are spending good money, some of us an awful lot of it, on little blips in a computer somewhere. A change in the rules and it could all go away - I have seen it happen in other markets. If the board of Icann is willing to invest, with the insider knowledge they surely have, then there is a good chance for the future stability of the system.

It also means that this director did not gorge himself on pre-release .eu's, another good sign, although sad that the question would exist.

•••
I don't think there is really any way to for see the future of an extension,I beleive .us will prosper very well,,,Others disagree,,On the reasle market....8 months back...everyone was buying LLL.infos,,Now .us

•••
people cant even sell ther junk LLL .us for 50 bucks
how stupidly boring like a slow train from hell. .us is right now
just want to sleep and watch a different domain channel than the LLL.us action all the talk but so little walkiety walk
down to the lawyers real estate office to see the curtain and the fingers a flappin....
.us is so cube cool right now........... not hot eagle skin..., give it another president withoutr the strings of the corporations there you one will see honest hot cake action..
.eu LLL are hot a dissapeared like hot cakies out of the domain oven goin for big bucks....

" the way that is clearly explained in not the way"

Mysterioulsy , wonderful , i bid farewell to what goes, I greet what comes, for what comes cannot be denied ,
and what goes cannot be detained" Chuang Tzu

Last edited:
•••
harpo said:
people cant even sell ther junk LLL .us for 50 bucks
how stupidly boring like a slow train from hell. .us is right now
just want to sleep and watch a different domain channel than the LLL.us action all the talk but so little walkiety walk
down to the lawyers real estate office to see the curtain and the fingers a flappin....
.us is so cube cool right now........... not hot eagle skin..., give it another president withoutr the strings of the corporations there you one will see honest hot cake action..

OK I'll take your ppc.us and dev.us for $200 :) :)

•••
harpo said:
just sold jav dot info

Were you the one who bought it for $1,921 on Sedo? It's listed as sold on last week's DNjournal for the week before.

How much profit did you make?

•••
Kerrijo said:
Were you the one who bought it for $1,921 on Sedo? It's listed as sold on last week's DNjournal for the week before.

How much profit did you make?

rounded it off to $2000
bought it here for 50
profit was ok ,
though when sales continue to happen in the LLL arena for alt ext
the larger players will start to notice , and slowly infiltrate once was open land,
and it wont be advertised the big players will do as secretly as they can...
remember hippy towns , then all of the sudden guys with new mercedes
start rolling in...... and all they talk about is the lastest model and who has has what .....
then the locals get kicked out of ther property because everything becomes to expensive taxes lifestyle... Ive seen it in Hawaii... the properties are not even owned by the local people its all japanese and forieng investments
but we do get the exclusive rights to clean there hotel rooms...

example hawaii.com was bought by corporation with stock deals and cash over a million dollars was it advertised no ways
it it local no ways ,,,, it tied into corporate america and international ownership yes ...... the only local people who are involved are the workers
who get paid 7.00 bucks an hour

I hardly sell , so this at least will help me pay for my renewals this year...

by the way just yesterday i turned down a 5000 bid on seo.biz call me crazy
but i get attached to these little virtual LLL ext

Last edited:
•••
harpo said:
rounded it off to $2000
bought it here for 50
profit was ok ,
though when sales continue to happen in the LLL arena for alt ext
the larger players will start to notice , and slowly infiltrate once was open land,
and it wont be advertised the big players will do as secretly as they can...
remember hippy towns , then all of the sudden guys with new mercedes
start rolling in...... and all they talk about is the lastest model and who has has what .....
then the locals get kicked out of ther property because everything becomes to expensive taxes lifestyle... Ive seen it in Hawaii... the properties are not even owned by the local people its all japanese and forieng investments
but we do get the exclusive rights to clean there hotel rooms...

example hawaii.com was bought by corporation with stock deals and cash over a million dollars was it advertised no ways
it it local no ways ,,,, it tied into corporate america and international ownership yes ...... the only local people who are involved are the workers
who get paid 7.00 bucks an hour

I hardly sell , so this at least will help me pay for my renewals this year...

by the way just yesterday i turned down a 5000 bid on seo.biz call me crazy
but i get attached to these little virtual LLL ext

Congrats on your sale and being listed in DNjournal. :)
Yes, I'm sure a lot of the premium LLL are being slowly taken in the ccTLD extensions, get yours while you can.

ps - I think $5000 is a good price for the seo.biz - I would have sold. You have a strong backbone.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back