Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

advice I'm dating myself!

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

subaroo

New Member
Impact
0
Greetings, newbie here, looking to buy a vintage domain name and would like some advice.
I'm not hugely tech savvy and would like to ensure that the date on the whois site etc stays in tact
during transfer to my name.I figured it would be cool to have a domain from the last century; the
website I'm buying from offers a privacy option, bit worried that this feature again could delete the
start date for the domain.Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Sue.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
The domain transfer won't change the creation date of the domain. If you want to be certain, PM me the domain to confirm it's indeed an aged registration.
 
1
•••
Hi, thanks for the reply.Everythings gone through fine; BUT, I've got a free trial and I'm creating
a vanity webpage with potential to upgrade to a website in due course.Problem is the software/
navigation is truly awful.Any advice on a cheap, easy to use hosting company for beginners?Thanks, Sue.
 
0
•••
Depends on your budget and what you're currently using. Wix.com should appeal to beginners and for what they offer it's priced affordably. Other than that, the sky's the limit - as long as you rely on self-created content and FTP. Or you can roll things out on WordPress. Check out their hosting plans that support domains, at WordPress.com.
 
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back