IT.COM

Fraud Verification

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

bertpros

Established Member
Impact
Hello, everyone, I sold a domain name at Godaddy on 16 Oct. 2017. They sent me the following message ''Please wait until we have confirmed the funds have cleared before you release the domain name. We will contact you within 5 days of verifying that we have received the funds from the buyer, and will let you know how to proceed''. It's been over 5 days and the fund is still in the fraud verification process. Please, I need advice from any domainer that has experienced that. Does it take this long before fraud verification is cleared? Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
When a $20K domain was bought from me at Afternic (a GoDaddy company) funds were verified in three days and sale became final. Two of those days were Saturday/Sunday.

I recall an escrow.com buyer for a few thousand dollar domain sale complaining that they took a week to verify his payment and the escrow closed fine, but I have only his word on how long it took as I never saw any record of pending payment all I know is that escrow did close.

•••
Its normal in godaddy. On the 6th day you would see an Email Buyer link, in your sold section. Please send him Transaction ID, Security Code and Transfer Auth code by clicking that link.

•••
I'm guessing that the 5 days you mentioned ended up today. If that's the case then chances are they will contact you on Monday.

...and yes, it can take 5 days -and sometimes longer- to verify funds.

You shouldn't worry though, you are dealing with a trusted company; either you will get your money and sell the domain or you won't get the money and keep it :)

•••
I used to use GoogleCheckout for credit card processing. With them when a buyer tried to buy from an IP address that did not geolocate from at least the same country as their credit card billing address it would throw the payment into pending status for up to weeks and almost invariably be declined eventually.

•••
•••
Hello, everyone, I sold a domain name at Godaddy on 16 Oct. 2017. They sent me the following message ''Please wait until we have confirmed the funds have cleared before you release the domain name. We will contact you within 5 days of verifying that we have received the funds from the buyer, and will let you know how to proceed''. It's been over 5 days and the fund is still in the fraud verification process. Please, I need advice from any domainer that has experienced that. Does it take this long before fraud verification is cleared? Thanks

It's 5 days at least and sometimes weekends don't count.

•••
@Createaweb, thanks for the info

•••
@Createaweb, thanks for the info

No problem. Just did a deal about the same time as you and have done many others so that's how I know. (y)

•••
Thanks, guys the fraud verification has cleared and the domain name transferred. Are they also going to alert me when they transferred funds to my account? I can't see the funds

•••
To get your funds takes several days more, up to a week maximum. They will notify you when sent.

•••
As per the new rules, funds will be disbursed on 20 th day from the date buyer has paid.

•••
@DNGear, but 20th is too far oh? I thought it's after 7 days of fraud verification?

•••
Yeah it could take some time, I don't expect my payment until November.

•••
Yes it takes several days. Has happened to me in the past. Don't worry too much, eventually you will get your money.
Congrats on your sale.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back