IT.COM

showcase Copilot - Showcase Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Andreas B.

Top Member
Impact
Last week, Microsoft made a big accouncement:

They announced the introduction of the 'Windows Copilot', that will be implemented into Windows 11 in fall of 2023.

I watched the full presentation, and one key mark took me by attention:

The main devhead for Windows Copilot said, that it will be open to 3rd party apps, so that developers can build and deploy their very own apps (as he said, their very "own copilots") on the windows copilot app store.

Copilot is a term, that actually took off behind the curtain since March 2023 (when first rumors began to circulate).

I made a thoroughful domain check-up, and many good ()copilot.com domains seem to have been registered in March 2023, few earlier, some later.

I don't think that the AI thread could really absorb the term copilot all alone.

(a term which will now be transisted into a state-of-the-art expression for "assistance by AI").

There is a big rush coming towards us; Windows is running on +80% of all computers.

You can simply click a button on your desktop and ask it straight.
You can let it do a lot of office stuff for you; grant it access to some of your excel sheets and tell it, what you want to have accomplished.
>> All things, we initially thought ChatGPT would take care of, but now it will be ... Windows Copilot.

There is much what is planned for it, and 3rd party apps & services will extend that whole universe by far.

I registered a few copilot domains, what about you?!

Regards

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I suppose the next big thing will be the 'fully autonomous' keyword 'pilot'?

I've been watching 360pilot /com sitting unloved for a number of years.

•••
I suppose the next big thing will be the 'fully autonomous' keyword 'pilot'?

I've been watching 360pilot /com sitting unloved for a number of years.
I am sorry, but I don't think that the term 'copilot' will be going away anytime soon...

I thought about this for a while, but many aspects speak against it.

Microsoft Pilot, ... AWS Pilot - how does that sound?

Copilot, that sounds well!

Aside from that, Copilot makes much more sense.

It's the supporting / upholding feature of AI, that won't interfere or dictate with what the user wants to accomplish. -

Anything else, would take the decision-making away from him.

Which is an uncreative & eroding approach by itself.

As the industry went with copilot, I don't think anything else will replace it soon.

It's just a perfect term if you will.

Just my point of view.

Last edited:
•••
I am sorry, but I don't think that the term 'copilot' will be going away anytime soon...

I thought about this for a while, but many aspects speak against it.

Microsoft Pilot, ... AWS Pilot - how does that sound?

Copilot, that sounds well!

Aside from that, Copilot makes much more sense.

It's the supporting / upholding feature of AI, that won't interfere or dictate with what the user wants to accomplish. -

Anything else, would take the decision-making away from him.

Which is an uncreative & eroding approach by itself.

As the industry went with copilot, I don't think anything else will replace it soon.

It's just a perfect term if you will.

Just my point of view.

Thanks Andreas, and points taken.

I'm not really too concerned how it sounds as to the actual meaning of the word best describing the technology in use.

I interpret the word copilot as being a helper to the human pilot, but what if there is no human pilot in the picture?

I do believe that's the way some AI technologies are actually heading - full autonomy - so I think the logical differentiating description would be a pilot as opposed to a copilot.

eg: driverless delivery trucks would utilise fully autonomous AI pilots.

Last edited:
•••

I'm not really too concerned how it sounds as to the actual meaning of the word best describing the technology in use.

I interpret the word copilot as being a helper to the human pilot, but what if there is no human pilot in the picture?

I do believe that's the way some AI technologies are actually heading - full autonomy - so I think the logical differentiating description would be a pilot as opposed to a copilot.

Understood.

The problem I see in a fully automated future is, that there won't be any big demand for new websites / apps ... I'm afraid.

A sort of full-fledged communism 😄

I don't know, if creators will feel comfortable with the appraoch, of giving all decision-making away in the creative process.

At this time, I'm sure not. - At least not at the important points.

And it will def. take a few years, before companies & users get used to the allmighty presence of AI.

Neither way, pilot wouldn't make much sense to me. More like autopilot, the counterpart to copilot.

But, that would mean 3 words in your domain: (sth) auto pilot

whereas, copilot is (and sounds like) one word.

As I haven't seen any big services, IT companies with either terms (pilot / autopilot), but therefore many with copilot,
- and it still sounds better in my ear - I am sticking to it.

At least that is it for me ;)

Also, I am not sure that a service / app would have to call itself () pilot / autopilot.

With copilot however, they jump on the big wave which has been already created,
and show the pot. user that their service offers Ai.

Actually enough for any startup or company.

Last edited:
•••
Just to correct this:

With "Also, I am not sure that a service / app would have to call itself () pilot / autopilot" I mean, that they won't need to brand themself with those terms, when they are fully autonomous.

They could call themselfes whatever. It is no more relevant then.

Just: Even fully autonomous companies can still call themself () copilot -

I do not think that Microsoft will rename its copilot, once users can let it work autonomously.

Or Github, Amazon (...) etc.

Does not make any sense to me.

In the end, in my view, the term Copilot is superb over other ones.

I will post some links to developed copilot domains;

lets start off with:

https://computercopilot.com/

computer copilot.JPG

Last edited:
•••
Copilot is 🔥

Another sale I can share.

tmcopilot.PNG

•••
•••

I believe the preferred term is agent.

•••
I believe the preferred term is agent.
Could be, but copilot & agent are different things.

Copilot is a very general term, whereas agent seems to be specified for a particular task.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
You can choose between copilot and agent.

Copilot: Familiar word, pronouncable, has no negative connotation as agent could have,
moreover a general term,
Navigator is a good comparison for it.

Agent: Very specific, has clear instructions & goals, not as a general term.

You also need to make the "sound" test.

What sounds better?

ComputerCopilot - or - ComputerAgent?

I would definitely go with first one.

Lets take another one:

Fi Copilot - or - Fi Agent?

I would again pick the first one.

So, this is just my opinion here, but copilot is deeply rooted in the AI ecosystem already.

While, agent is (only) important as a term for so long as tasks & goals have to broken down to steps;
while copilot covers the whole ecosystem.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back