NameSilo

Can some help me out...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I want to email several end-users to sell a few domains that I think they will like to have, but I'm not very good on knowing what to say.

Can someone that has experience in this give my some pointers, or a couple of lines you use to smooth over the end-users..:notme: . Thanks, anything would be helpful.....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
"Sample" of one I used recently:

Subject: XXXXXXXX.XXX - domain name inquiry.
To: [email protected]

Good afternoon!
I recently registered the domain name, "XXXXXXX.XXX" when it became suddenly and unexpectedly available to register. My long-term plans are to develop the domain/site, and I am now seeking input regarding development options.
Recently, I came upon your site: http://www.xxxxxxxx.xxx during some of my research toward this end, and I was wondering if you'd be interested in acquiring this ".XXX" domain name to complement your site. Would this be of something of interest for you, if I had a fair and reasonable Asking price?
Though I treasure the domain name, my time commitments on other projects will likely force me to put these development plans on hold for the forseeable future. If you can utilize the domain to further enhance traffic and exposure to your site, I'd be willing to discuss the option with you. At your convenience, of course.
Thank you kindly for your consideration. :)

-----

Naturally, you have to modify your approach somewhat depending on the potential suitor, circumstances. The exact letter above has worked for me, and has not worked for me. Results will vary, persistency is key.
Hope that helps a bit. :)

•••
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
"Sample" of one I used recently:

Subject: XXXXXXXX.XXX - domain name inquiry.
To: [email protected]

Good afternoon!
I recently registered the domain name, "XXXXXXX.XXX" when it became suddenly and unexpectedly available to register. My long-term plans are to develop the domain/site, and I am now seeking input regarding development options.
Recently, I came upon your site: http://www.xxxxxxxx.xxx during some of my research toward this end, and I was wondering if you'd be interested in acquiring this ".XXX" domain name to complement your site. Would this be of something of interest for you, if I had a fair and reasonable Asking price?
Though I treasure the domain name, my time commitments on other projects will likely force me to put these development plans on hold for the forseeable future. If you can utilize the domain to further enhance traffic and exposure to your site, I'd be willing to discuss the option with you. At your convenience, of course.
Thank you kindly for your consideration. :)

-----

Naturally, you have to modify your approach somewhat depending on the potential suitor, circumstances. The exact letter above has worked for me, and has not worked for me. Results will vary, persistency is key.
Hope that helps a bit. :)

Nice pitch CH.
From my experience I would change the "I recently registered the domain name" to something like " I am the current owner of "

Its a bit more personal and you won't come-off as a spec.
JMHO
Nice Job!

•••
Originally posted by NameCaster
Nice pitch CH.
From my experience I would change the "I recently registered the domain name" to something like " I am the current owner of "

JMHO
Nice Job!

Very solid point, Dave!
You can never stop learning in this profession ... that's for sure.
Appreciates. :)

•••
Originally posted by NameCaster
Nice pitch CH.

JMHO
Nice Job!

That makes alot of sense

•••
•••
Originally posted by CenterPoint
That makes alot of sense

Agree!

REVISED:

Originally posted by CoolHost.com
Good morning/afternoon/evening!

I am the current owner of the domain name, "XXXXXXX.XXX".
My long-term plans are to develop the domain/site, and I am now seeking input regarding development options.
Recently, I came upon your site: http://www.xxxxxxxx.xxx during some of my research toward this end, and I was wondering if you'd be interested in acquiring this ".XXX" domain name to complement your existing site. Would this be of something of interest for you, if I had a fair and reasonable Asking price at this time?
Though I treasure the domain name, my time commitments on other projects will likely force me to put these development plans on hold for the forseeable future. If you, however, can utilize the domain to further enhance traffic and/or exposure to your site, I'd be willing to discuss this option with you. At your convenience, of course.

Thank you kindly for your consideration.

:talk:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back