.asia

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

suntech

Established Member
Impact
3
Is anyone planning to preregister or backorder .Asia domains before the landrush in Jan 08? If so what registrar would you recomend? I don't want to be caught in the panic like the .Mobi fiasco. I just read that Pool will be the Exclusive auction site provider.
J.K.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I wouldn't really bother.. Seems like it will be a flop like .eu
 
0
•••
0
•••
How much does it cost to register a .asia?
 
0
•••
I will grasp some if it is not too expensive
 
0
•••
I might try and grab a few but am not going to go overboard with it. I don't hold a lot of faith in the new extension.
 
0
•••
I have my doubts about .asia.

Just like .eu didn't work due to national pride, this won't

Asians are even more particular about the country!
 
0
•••
mwzd said:
Just like .eu didn't work due to national pride, this won't
The .eu did not work because it was run by a bunch of morons who couldn't run a p*ss up in a brewry. The extension was speculated to hell and back and these morons in EURid did nothing effective about it. That caused a collapse in confidence in the extension in Europe. The .eu also hadn't a chance against .com and the ccTLDs.

Asians are even more particular about the country!
Yes. But at least this extension seems to be competently run, so far and it might have some merit. But it will also be heavily speculated. Just as with .eu, there is no country called "Asia" so a unifying gTLD like .asia has to appeal to businesses for its main revenuestream. The .asia Pioneer program is also an interesting innovation.

Regards...jmcc
 
0
•••
mwzd said:
I have my doubts about .asia.

Just like .eu didn't work due to national pride, this won't

Asians are even more particular about the country!
I have to agree that .asia isn't gonna work.

Let say you have xxxxx.asia who's your target audience? South East Asia? South Asia? How about the Western part of Asia (The Middle East).

And who's gonna manage .asia? if you put one country to manage .asia do you guys think the rest of the Asian nations would be buying that domain?

Even if you let A.S.E.A.N manage .asia what do you think the South Asian would feel about that. Asian company prefer the .COM or their own ext.
 
0
•••
mwzd said:
Asians are even more particular about the country!

I agree 100%.


-
 
0
•••
Gentlemen this is by the far the most wordly and intelligent conversation I have seen on this forum. I must agree. Screw .asia. What a moronic idea. Even if they went IDN, I wouldn't pick one up.
 
0
•••
I agree ... heck, one might do better to register what they were thinking of regging in .Asia in the shorter ccTLD .AS instead.

Ron
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back