Domain Empire

question About NameJet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mike2100

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys , this is a very beginner question , I haven't tried NJ yet , all my purchases were Godaddy , clousout and expired

so could you explain NJ in a simple way (using GD terms if possible), when surfing it using ExpiredDomains.net i don't get it !
I surf the expired list , then I see a reserve !

could you explain the difference between Public and private auctions , i mean why are they like that ? is it the domains owner choice ?

why is the minimum bid is sometimes 69 and other times it's above that ?

I mostly interested in expired domains (not people's auctions ) that keep their ages

and does NJ have clousouts ? for immediately purchase ?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi Mike

I have signed up to NJ but never bought or sold on their platform.

Private auction means you need to place your starting bid before the domain goes to auction (during the pre-release stage) Once the auction starts and if you have not placed a bid then will not be able to participate.

Public auction means you can place a bid at any point up until the auction ends. During pre-release and while the name is at auction.

The pre-release stage is to get bidders interested before the name goes to auction.

NJ minimum bid is their decision and I'm not sure why this is.

I don't believe they do closeouts for immediate purchase.

I think I might be right in saying that if it is a private auction and you are the only bidder during pre-release then you automatically win the auction as no one else can join in once at auction.

Hope this makes sense and helps a little.

Andy

•••
Hi Mike

Private auction means you need to place your starting bid before the domain goes to auction (during the pre-release stage) Once the auction starts and if you have not placed a bid then will not be able to participate.

Public auction means you can place a bid at any point up until the auction ends. During pre-release and while the name is at auction.

The pre-release stage is to get bidders interested before the name goes to auction.

Andy

Thanks for explaining , so who decide weather it's private or public ?

and the pre-release domains , are they expired ? are they keeping their ages ? or it's people auctions ?
if not , what do they call the people's auction (auction listed by their owners )

upload_2017-8-4_13-27-58.png

so what they call the pending delete domains ? do they have the same rules (with minimum bid of 69 for example)

THANKS for your patience

•••
•••
Every time someone says NJ (Acronym for NameJet obv)

I always think New Jersey (NJ) where I live. :xf.grin:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back