domain A-N-D-R-E-W.com

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

saucey

Top Member
Impact
1,647
Hi!

Any value seen in this one??

A-N-D-R-E-W.com

Thanks.
 
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
You gotta do something with it and make it have value. with hyphenated domains, Im sticking with commercial products, geos, and finance.
First n-a-m-e-s will be harder to sell. Because I cant figure out how to develop First n-a-m-e-s. low xx


I believe in w-o-r-d-s
 
Last edited:
1
•••
Extremly low xx
 
0
•••
Yes, I am not a big fan of Hyphens either... But, being a proper name, I felt it would have some good value.

Thanks for the opinions, and looking for more!
 
0
•••
one last thing, get the elite w-o-r-d-s most ppl will throw them at you. :)
 
Last edited:
0
•••
saucey said:
Yes, I am not a big fan of Hyphens either... But, being a proper name, I felt it would have some good value.

Thanks for the opinions, and looking for more!

*

"Andrew" is a very popular first name; I suggest hanging on to this domain and developing it.

There are some avid h-y-p-h-e-n fans here on namepros, who insist that these are very developable domains. I'm a bit cool on these (especially when it comes to paying a lot of money for them; I have some, but they were all reg-fee).

But people seem to like and buy them. Just don't expect direct type-ins.

If your first name is Andrew, perhaps make it your home page or blog, something like "The World According to Andrew."

Good luck with it!

*
 
1
•••
some guy name Andrew will want it someday for probally low money, but you have to keep regging it each year
 
0
•••
Thanx everyone for your comments!

And, MsDomainer, thanks for the suggestions...

Saucey
 
0
•••
I don't see much resale value in multi-hyphen domains. Mainly because it's to hard to say. For example, visit my site at...

"a dash n dash d dash r dash e dash w dot com" OR
"Andrew.com with a hyphen between each letter before the .com"

It's also pretty hard to type in general on a keyboard.

However, if you like it yourself or for a friend it is catchy to look at even if not very valuable.
 
0
•••
Thanx Adoptable!

Question. Is there a "general rule" for valuation of hypenated domains?? Like, maybe a hyphenated name is worth a certain percentage of the non-hyphenated equivalent??

Eg. If Andrew.com were worth, say $100 000, could you automatically say that the hyphenated version is worth 1% of that.. or 0.5% or whatever??

Thanks.
 
0
•••
you cant use percantages anymore for anything. When there wa the .com, Net and Org that applied but a name like andrew.com might be $500K but A-n-d-r-e-w.com might be $15 tops so how can you apply a formula.
 
0
•••
Thanx for the input!!

Looking for more!

:)

Saucey.
 
0
•••
If I ever perfect my PHP hyphen-removing script, this could turn out to be a goldmine.

As it stands, this domain is horrifically terrible in these 5 areas: hyphen 1, hyphen 2, hyphen 3, hyphen 4, and hyphen 5. These are the type of registrations that keep the registrars in business. Grace delete if possible. IMO.

Best of luck with your future domaining adventures.
 
0
•••
MicroGuy said:
If I ever perfect my PHP hyphen-removing script, this could turn out to be a goldmine.

As it stands, this domain is horrifically terrible in these 5 areas: hyphen 1, hyphen 2, hyphen 3, hyphen 4, and hyphen 5. These are the type of registrations that keep the registrars in business. Grace delete if possible. IMO.

Best of luck with your future domaining adventures.

Are you really making something like that?
 
0
•••
Please refer to my appraisal of D-o-w-n-l-o-a-d.net
 
0
•••
T-H-A-N-K-S!

Everyone...

Seems to be alot of varying opinions..

Even if it were worth LESS than reg fee, I would keep it for sentimental reasons! :hearts:

Any other thoughts?
 
0
•••
I see these type of names drop daily on TDnam. There are always popular N-A-M-E-S that end without any bids, and many of those are more popular and shorter names.

Brad
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back