IT.COM

.tv Worth it? British dot tv w. premium renewal

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

British.tv worth buying cheap only to renew at $3k?

• 1st (tie)

Only with clear development plans

votes
    50.0%
  • 1st (tie)

Definitely NOT worth the investment for any purpose

votes
    50.0%
  • 2nd (tie)

Yes, it's a steal even with the premium renewal!

votes
    0.0%
  • 2nd (tie)

Worth considering, may be a high risk reward investment

votes
    0.0%

• 18 votes
  • Ended 15 years ago
  • Final results
Impact
I was looking at domain auctions this morning and I found British.tv at auction on ebay. The owner states it is expired but has a couple weeks before redemption. Also it's a premium domain with a renewal of $3k/year. D-:

The auction is at $73 right now. On ebay, I would suspect some of the bidders didn't read all the text in the auction and don't realize the huge premium renewal fee. I am curious to what the .tv'ers here think about this "premium" .tv domain, hence the poll..

[edit] I am not bidding on this name, I am just curious for your opinions.

:wave:

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My vote on not worth the premium is only because I believe that there should be no premium annual fee for any name on any extension.

British.tv is an excellent name and worthy of development in itself. Best of luck to seller and buyer in the auction.

•••
Thanks for the response freedom. I totally agree that the .tv registry is hurting itself with these premium renewals.. However, I was posing this question on the assumption that we all feel that way about the premium renewals and are used to dealing with them. With that in mind is/was this worth domain worth it?

So far it seems like most say are saying NO.

•••
Thanks for the response freedom. I totally agree that the .tv registry is hurting itself with these premium renewals.. However, I was posing this question on the assumption that we all feel that way about the premium renewals and are used to dealing with them. With that in mind is/was this worth domain worth it?

So far it seems like most say are saying NO.

In that case I would have to change poll to only with clear development plans.

And with a heavy-hitting name as that, it would also include marketing and budget considerations as well as a five-year business plan. I agree that the name must not lanquish on any form of parked page, simply because of the value of both the name and visual inference of the extension.

•••
I voted...
"Only with clear development plans"

It IS a great name, but $3000.00 is a little high.
It would be a big risk, and you would basically have to only give your attention to that domain as to start recouping your $ pretty quickly.

I wish the best to the seller, and buyer!

•••
Looking more like we are leaning towards "with clear development plans" now :)

btw.. the auction is ended at $73 and some change. I hope the winner read the entire auction detail and understands the .tv registry and it's premium renewals.

Thanks for the votes guys. I mus say that I am a little surprised to see zero votes for the first two options..

•••
1 yr ago would have voted for the second option but today i ve voted the third one, i hope in one yrs time in a similar poll i wont vote the fourth option.

•••
I voted, along with six others for this specific ".TV" domain name, fourth option; "Definitely NOT worth the investment for any purpose!" :yell:

All the best,
-Jeff B-)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back