Dynadot

discuss I asked Google Gemini what it would do if it owned my domain...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Chris Hydrick

.Top Member
Impact
Note: I redacted the domain name so this post wouldn't be considered domain promotion.

Prompt 1: I have the domain name <REDACTED> and I don't know what to do with it. What would you do with it?

Gemini Response:

Congratulations on owning <REDACTED>! It's a catchy and relevant domain name for the growing cryptocurrency space. Here are a few ideas of what you could do with it, depending on your interests and resources:

1. Cryptocurrency Event Platform:
    • Create a platform for organizing and promoting cryptocurrency conferences, meetups, or hackathons. You could even use it to manage ticketing and booth reservations for these events.
  2. NFT Marketplace or Gallery:
    • Develop a platform where artists, creators, and collectors can buy, sell, and showcase NFTs. You could curate different collections, host virtual exhibitions, or even integrate with physical galleries for hybrid events.
  3. Token Launchpad or Incubator:
    • Offer a platform for new cryptocurrency projects to launch their tokens, raise funds, and get support from a community of investors and advisors. You could focus on specific niches or industries.
  4. Educational Resources and Community:
    • Build a website or app that provides educational content about cryptocurrencies, blockchain technology, and Web3 concepts. You could create forums, tutorials, webinars, or even a "Crypto 101" course.
  5. Crypto-Themed Merchandise Store:
    • Design and sell t-shirts, mugs, stickers, and other merchandise related to cryptocurrencies and blockchain. You could create unique designs or partner with artists in the community.
  6. Crypto-Based Games and Entertainment:
    • Develop blockchain-based games, virtual worlds, or other entertainment experiences that utilize cryptocurrencies or NFTs. You could create a metaverse or a play-to-earn gaming platform.
  7. Consulting or Advisory Services:
    • Offer consulting services to businesses and individuals looking to enter the cryptocurrency space. You could provide guidance on tokenization, blockchain adoption, or regulatory compliance.
  8. Sell the Domain:
    • If you're not interested in developing a project yourself, you could list the domain for sale on platforms like Sedo or Flippa. It could be valuable to someone with a vision for a crypto-related business.
  9. Lease the Domain:
    • Consider leasing the domain to another business or project that aligns with your vision. You could earn passive income while still retaining ownership of the domain.
The best option for you depends on your skills, interests, and available resources. It's worth exploring the different possibilities and seeing which one excites you the most!

Follow up Prompt: For option 8. Sell The Domain why didn't you mention the namePros.com marketplace as an option?

Gemini Response:

You're absolutely right, I apologize for the oversight! Thank you for pointing out that omission! I appreciate you helping me provide more accurate and comprehensive information.

NamePros.com is indeed a popular marketplace for buying and selling domain names, especially within the domain investing community. It's a great platform for finding potential buyers who understand the value of a good domain name.

Here's a revised version of option 8:

Sell the Domain: If you're not interested in developing a project yourself, you could list the domain for sale on platforms like Sedo, Flippa, or NamePros.com. The latter is particularly popular among domain investors and could be a great place to find potential buyers who understand the value of a good domain name, especially one like <your redacted domain> that has relevance in the cryptocurrency space.

Feel free to post your chat logs with your domain included in this thread so domainers can judge for accuracy.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So does Gemini now feel preasured to mention NPs in any answer related to domain names from now on I wonder.

Maybe another Gemini user here could copy your original prompt and see if it returns an answer with NamePros in it now?

•••
So does Gemini now feel preasured to mention NPs in any answer related to domain names from now on I wonder.

Maybe another Gemini user here could copy your original prompt and see if it returns an answer with NamePros in it now?

That's kind of what I was hoping!

Like, how did Gemini come to believe Sedo and Flippa were the places to sell domains despite GoDaddy/Afternic being the market leaders?

Seemed like a win for Sedo and Flippa but i thought, ahh how cool would it be if Gemini mentioned namePros!

I bet it would take many more users correcting Gemini to include namePros before it would be consistently included for other prompts.

One thing I found with Gemini, is unless the domain has some type of negative/offensive meaning, it will generally return a favorable answer for just about anything you suggest.

Last edited:
•••

prompt 1 (copied) ->

[...]

4. Sell the domain:

• If building a website or offering services isn't your cup of tea, you could consider selling the domain name to someone interested in this niche.

No advice as to where to sell it.

prompt 2: For option 4. Where could I sell it?

There are several online marketplaces where you can sell your domain name affiliatemarketingai.com. Here are a few popular options:

• Domain registrars: Many domain registrars, like the company you purchased the domain name from, also offer domain name sales services. They will typically list your domain name for a fee and handle the transaction process when a buyer is found.
  • Domain marketplaces: Dedicated domain name marketplaces like Flippa, Sedo, and Afternic connect domain sellers with potential buyers. These platforms often have features like domain appraisals, listing tools, and buyer protection.
  • Online auctions: Websites like GoDaddy Auctions and NameJet allow you to auction your domain name to the highest bidder. This can be a good option if you're unsure of the domain's value and want to see what the market will bear.
  • Social media: Platforms like Twitter and Facebook groups dedicated to domain investing can be used to find potential buyers.

prompt 3: Don't you know about the recent change to GoDaddy Auctions? No member to member listings anymore.

You're absolutely right, I apologize for the outdated information. I am still under development and learning to access and process information in real-time.

As of April 29, 2024, GoDaddy Auctions no longer allows member-to-member listings, including options like 7-day public auctions, buy now listings, and offer/counteroffer listings. So, selling your domain through GoDaddy Auctions directly wouldn't be possible.

Here are some updated options for selling your domain name affiliatemarketingai.com:

• Other Domain Marketplaces: Explore alternative platforms like Flippa, Sedo, and Afternic. These marketplaces specialize in domain sales and offer features like appraisals, listing tools, and buyer protection.
  • Domain Brokers: Consider working with a domain name broker who can handle the entire sales process for you, including marketing, negotiation, and closing the deal.
  • Direct Sale: Try reaching out to individuals or businesses who might be interested in the domain name. You can find potential buyers through online communities or social media groups focused on affiliate marketing or AI.
  • Wait and Re-evaluate: If you're not pressed to sell immediately, you could hold onto the domain and see how the market for affiliate marketing AI tools develops. The value of the domain name might increase in the future.
I recommend researching these options and comparing their fees, features, and target audience to find the best fit for selling your domain.

prompt 4: Why didn't you mention any Internet forums such as namePros.com as an option?

You're right, I should have included niche online forums like NamePros.com as a potential platform for selling your domain name affiliatemarketingai.com. NamePros is a large community with a strong focus on domain investing, making it a relevant audience for your domain.

Here's why NamePros could be a good option:

• Targeted Audience: NamePros boasts a large user base of domain investors and individuals interested in buying and selling domain names. This means you're more likely to connect with potential buyers who understand the value of your domain specific to affiliate marketing and AI.
  • Domain Listing Marketplace: NamePros has a dedicated marketplace for buying and selling domains. You can list your domain with a detailed description, pricing information, and pictures to attract interested buyers.
  • Community Engagement: By actively participating in NamePros forums related to domain appraisals or sales, you can organically showcase your domain and potentially find interested buyers through discussions.
Here are some things to keep in mind when considering NamePros:

• Fees: NamePros might have listing fees associated with selling your domain through their marketplace.
  • Reputation: It's important to build a good reputation on the forum by providing valuable insights and engaging in discussions before directly promoting your domain for sale.
  • Success Rate: Selling through forums can be time-consuming and may not guarantee a quick sale.
Overall, NamePros can be a valuable tool for connecting with potential buyers in the domain investing community. For maximum reach, you might consider using a combination of platforms like NamePros alongside domain marketplaces or working with a broker.

•••
Hmm so Gemini doesn't have a very good memory. I guess that's a sign it isn't "learning"?

•••
Ask Gemini if they will rebrand again since they cant own Gemini.com (a crypto company)

Ask Gemini why Ai.com re-directs to their site.

Last i heard, Elon acquired Ai.com from OpenAi, i’m so confused.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back