IT.COM

advice What will happen if I reject to receive domain from dan.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mousa

Impact
hello,

today i have issue, that my account in paypal was hacked and used by someone, he bought domain in dan.com, then i opened case in paypal and the response was that there is not unauthorized activity in your account, i don't want this domain because it's not valuable, i sent dan.com with my issue and waiting their response.

i will not accept to receive domain anyway, what will happen then?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Would the domain not move to the hackers account?

•••
no, it will move to my acoutnt if i accept, he placed my email when he bought, and don't know why he did that, and maybe paypal closed the case with authorized activity due this reason

•••
Seems strange. Ultimately if you don't initiate the transfer, put the auth code in or accept the push I guess they can't give you the name but if its already paid for you probably won't get the money back either. Best to ask Dan customer services.

•••
What's the domain name?

Chances are the hacker owned it and put it for sale on Dan. Then proceeded to use your hacked account to buy his OWN domain name.

That way, he gets paid with Dan.com as a barrier between you two.

That's one of the downsides of the new DAN policy. You NEVER know who you're dealing with in a BIN transaction.

By the way, how much is involved?

•••
the domain name: alaila.com

the domain is new registration this year 2023-05-06

the deducted amount is 495$

•••
@LaszloSchenk works with Dan. Reach out to see if he can help.

•••
•••
i sent him message, and i'm waiting his response. thanks alot for help

•••
i found what's the problem, my bitwarden account was hacked which i use to store my passwords, more than 190 password i have in it, i was using two factor authentication to login to account, i removed two months ago, if hacker get in to my account in bitwarden he could use password to any site furthermore two factor authentication to any site, so he was able to use password and two factor authentication to my paypal.

my paypal is connected with my visacard, so thanks god that hacker use only 495$, i think paypal closed the case with no unauthorized activity because i use two factor authentication and hacker put my email and my address in dan.com when he purchased.

i sent dan.com and they told me they can't cancel it

•••
Sorry about your ordeal.

You should change ALL your passwords if they've been compromised.

Also DAN is just being deliberately obtuse. Even if they can't cancel the transaction, they can give you the name of the scammer.

No one would hack you hack your account just to buy a RANDOM domain name. The domain name belongs to the hacker so that he can get the money.

DAN has the hacker details. They are protecting him/her.

•••
Sorry about your ordeal.

You should change ALL your passwords if they've been compromised.

Also DAN is just being deliberately obtuse. Even if they can't cancel the transaction, they can give you the name of the scammer.

No one would hack you hack your account just to buy a RANDOM domain name. The domain name belongs to the hacker so that he can get the money.

DAN has the hacker details. They are protecting him/her.
A more plausible story could be that he wanted to buy that domain and he has the buyers remorse and invented a story with a hacker, that will not be the first time. Also, both dan and paypal have the buyers ip address, probably that's the reason why they said that they can't cancel the transaction. Why are people in 2024 ( almost) so naive?

Last edited:
•••
I have to agree with Boker. You'd think an incident like this would headline with something like 'My Bitwarden account has been Hacked' then go on to explain the consequence of the hack. Followed by how he's had to change all his passwords etc.

This just seems far to focused on this domain purchase and how to annul it. I'm sure most of us would be immediately focused on protecting our other assets and domains before we deal with any clear-up of what's already happened.

I'd like to be wrong but the priorities and focus just doesn't read right...Even the mention of "I don't want this domain because it's not valuable enough" seems a strange thing to hold-up, That does indeed read like a domain purchase revisited, even to mention the registration date, as if that also weakens the domain in his eyes. Very odd

Last edited:
•••
Did you get the domain? It looks like it has been transferred.

•••
It sounds like you just have buyer's regret and no longer want the domain, and are worried about Dan chasing you over your violation of the contract. I highly doubt that someone smart enough to hack into your PayPal is stupid enough to put your email for the domain transfer.

Before you decide to lie to Dan, I'm more than certain they probably keep IP records for key tasks such as submitting an offer.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back