Dynadot

discuss What makes for a good brandable domain ? Showcase your brandables here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

oldtimer

SaveThyWorld.com Let's not leave anyone behindTop Member
Impact
With thousands of startups needing a name for their new company and many more existing businesses also branching out all the time and needing names for their new line of products and services it seems that brandable domains is one of the areas that could be very beneficial to domainers both old and new and deserves to be explored further.

Below are a few points of discussion to get this thread started, if I have left something important out please let me know so that it can be added to them. If you have any tips or advice about brandable domains please feel free to share them with the rest of us.

1-What is a brandable domain.

2-How many different types of brandable domains are there and is one type better than the others.

3-What makes a brandable domain stand out amongst thousands of others.

4-What is the optimum length for a brandable domain, how long can a brandable domain be and still qualify as being a good choice.

5-What types of brandable domains are most desired by startups and existing businesses.

6-What is the best way to find brandable domains.

7-What is the best way to sell brandable domains.

Attention Newbies: It's probably best to first hear what some of the more experienced domainers have to say about this subject before you consider getting any domains, and even then it's probably best to experiment with just a few domains at a time. You should be able to sell one domain and then use the proceeds from that sale to get more domains, if you cannot even sell one domain then you are doing something wrong and need to adjust your strategy. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Okay those are the domains I would drop or ask a refund:

EISLY - Not pronounceable at all.
TAAVY- Hard to pronounce and to remember.
Krixo - Confusion? Crixo Cricso Krikso
newtis - Dosn't pass radio test. Sounds bad
espressus - Its long for a brandable?
gibyte - Gigabyte?
wordiac - Dosn't pass radio test. Sounds bad
neociti - Confusion? NeoCity
snolly- Dosn't pass radio test. Sounds bad
jutsi - Dosn't pass radio test. Sounds bad
stuvwx - Dosn't pass radio test. Sounds bad and Not pronounceable at all.
Reviewie - Radio test failed, Confusion, sounds bad.
Techston - Dosn't pass radio test. Sounds bad Texton?

Its my opinion but seriously some "brandables" here are terrible :(

NEWTIS means it's new as tis is the contracted form of it is
ESPRESSUS not too long if it's about espresso coffee or related to that industry
GIBYTE is obviously gigabyte
WORDIAC passes the radio test and sounds good as it's the mix of word + maniac or + zodiac for example.
NEOCITI it's a brandable not a keyword rich. Personally I think it's good.

Also radio test is not the holy bible and all the above domains can be guessed at the second attempt. I appreciate your opinion but I don't think they should be dropped

•••
I have VoiceVia. I like the sound of it.

•••
•••
I listed these Domain names at Namerific,

VEMSY

ELEVAX

ACRODOT

ALLFOLDER

NICETARGET

MAGNABRAND

CYBERAFFECT

Regards,
Domainerr

•••
•••
•••
Hi everyone,
I am glad to say that I made my first namerific sale. It was not a big one but still I am really happy about it.

•••
Hi everyone,
I am glad to say that I made my first namerific sale. It was not a big one but still I am really happy about it.

Can u mention the Domain name?..:)

•••
•••
•••
•••
My girlfriend is named Tina. She manages a clothing store named Infinitees. She puts so many hours in per week that i kiddingly told her she should own it. Call it InfiniTina's, I said.

So I registered:

InfiniTina.com and InfiniTinas.com

Whatcha think?

•••

Just picked up Breaq, Mmeme, and Qanja, all in dot com.

•••
Some brandable name themes that you see Brand Bucket, Namerific that sold this week.

All sold at Sedo

digigo.com 6,250 USD
electronova.com 5,200 USD
kact.com 5,000 USD
rigex.com 5,000 GBP
lusu.com 4,999 EUR
timegevity.com 3,900 EUR
onebiz.com 3,500 USD
canalviva.com 3,500 USD
aequs.com 3,500 EUR
groovon.com 3,000 USD
otoh.com 3,000 USD
velofix.com 2,500 EUR
arbres.com 2,500 EUR
cartastic.com 2,500 USD
hempo.com 2,500 USD
isignature.com 1,888 USD
fundster.com 1,600 USD
flexilens.com 1,550 USD
subbies.com 1,500 USD
adorate.com 1,199 USD
opteamizer.com 1,195 USD
coinseed.com 1,177 USD
superklick.com 1,095 USD
thinkflow.com 1,050 USD
obione.com 1,000 USD
lumara.com 999 USD
privus.com 999 USD
oglobal.com 995 USD

Last edited:
•••
•••
I don't usually register brandables; but I just hand registered two eco .coms

ECOTRIS

TRIXECO

Regards

Ralph.

Just added TRIXACO

Last edited:
•••
A few of new ones that i recently reg

Selzy
Klammy
Driftie
Adaptie
Neroxo
Doctorie
Acczo
Dynazo
Adprovise
Cotechs
BrandPickup

Any opinions greatly recived :)

•••
•••
•••
NEWTIS means it's new as tis is the contracted form of it is
ESPRESSUS not too long if it's about espresso coffee or related to that industry
GIBYTE is obviously gigabyte
WORDIAC passes the radio test and sounds good as it's the mix of word + maniac or + zodiac for example.
NEOCITI it's a brandable not a keyword rich. Personally I think it's good.

Also radio test is not the holy bible and all the above domains can be guessed at the second attempt. I appreciate your opinion but I don't think they should be dropped
I think it's time for some tough love. I agree with DotBay that the names are not good. I also think you're registering way too many, way too fast. But you're in good company, because the majority of posters on this thread are going about it the same way. It's a very risky game, and a lot of people are going to go broke due to highly unrealistic expectations. And I speak from direct personal experience.

•••
I think it's time for some tough love. I agree with DotBay that the names are not good. I also think you're registering way too many, way too fast. But you're in good company, because the majority of posters on this thread are going about it the same way. It's a very risky game, and a lot of people are going to go broke due to highly unrealistic expectations. And I speak from direct personal experience.

Thank you for your not required advice. I have already received offers for some of those names; what I register, when, how often is none of your business.

Every person and reality is different so I am sure you won't mind if I tell you I feel for your personal experience but I am not ending up in the same place. Also, if I remember properly, I just beaten you in buying a domain here on NP...So it is that we both have bad taste for names or that you are giving that advice to yourself.

"registering to much" wth???? there are people who buy thousands of domains a week???....

•••
•••
I thought hempo.com 2,500 USD would sell.

congrats!

•••
I just registered RIMZER with a $3 promo code. (.com)

Ralph.

•••
aloed

bikito

AppLimited

AppOmnia

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back