Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Ok, so we know how popular our Official Parked.com thread was...let's give @Donny's newest genius invention a try: VOODOO.COM :)
Let us know what you think! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Got paid just now. Thanks voodoo

•••
What are the reasons for advertisers chargeback.
Sometimes when user searches on parked domain, i get paid. Is that also chargeble Or only clicks?

•••
Chargebacks can happen for many reasons. I'll give you a few examples, but this is definitely not all of the reasons chargebacks happen.

1. Advertisers complain about a specific click or ip address. This may not have even happened on your domain, but our upstream provider will usually follow the other clicks that the person made and if they see any patterns they will refund those clicks to different advertisers as well.
2. A surfer clicks once today on your domain. But tomorrow clicks 200 times on domains across different networks. Again, our upstream provider will follow the different patterns and refund the advertisers.
3. Some domains just get really bad traffic, if your domain gets faillisted/blocked, then that's what the problem was. In this case they will go back between 60-90 days to chargeback the revenue the domain has made.

I could go on for a long time with different cases, but I think you get the point. On a normal portfolio with 10k domains I expect to have about 0.5% to 2% of chargebacks per month on a normal basis. At least based on the experience I have.

Donny

•••
•••
Chargebacks can happen for many reasons. I'll give you a few examples, but this is definitely not all of the reasons chargebacks happen.

1. Advertisers complain about a specific click or ip address. This may not have even happened on your domain, but our upstream provider will usually follow the other clicks that the person made and if they see any patterns they will refund those clicks to different advertisers as well.
2. A surfer clicks once today on your domain. But tomorrow clicks 200 times on domains across different networks. Again, our upstream provider will follow the different patterns and refund the advertisers.
3. Some domains just get really bad traffic, if your domain gets faillisted/blocked, then that's what the problem was. In this case they will go back between 60-90 days to chargeback the revenue the domain has made.

I could go on for a long time with different cases, but I think you get the point. On a normal portfolio with 10k domains I expect to have about 0.5% to 2% of chargebacks per month on a normal basis. At least based on the experience I have.

Donny

Donny,

Thank you for that detailed explanation. Is there any way we can tell which domains are getting charged back? Reason I ask is because of taxes. I dont know what others do but when I submit my domains' earnings (and expenses) to my accountant, PPC is one of the expense line items. When there is a charge-back I do not know which domain to associate the expense line item of the charge-back.

•••
Chargebacks have started since 6 months. Previously there was no chargebacks. Voodoo CPC has also gone down?? Still voodoo rocks As well as donny. Best parking i have evere seen

•••
Agame - If you have a domain that gets faillisted, there is a very good chance that there will be a chargeback on that domain. But not all chargebacks will turn into a domain being faillisted. I would love to say that I get a list that says domainxyz.com had a chargeback of $100. But unfortunately all I get is a chargeback number based on an account level.

neo7275 - Best recommendation I have is to send me your username in a PM and I can take a look.

Donny

•••
Has anyone experiencing a huge delay in the Voodoo's stats being updated today?

•••
•••
There are no guarantees. Is your one domain name parked somewhere now?

Donny
yes yes Donny my one domain is still parking on parking website
and i really want to work with your company because i heared a lot of good reviews about you

So what is your opinion now ?
could you give me an account on voodoo ,please ?

•••
We are looking into the issue. Locally and at our various monitoring points everything has worked perfectly fine all day. But we definitely see some traffic issues and we are trying to figure out what they are.

Donny

•••
We are looking into the issue. Locally and at our various monitoring points everything has worked perfectly fine all day. But we definitely see some traffic issues and we are trying to figure out what they are.

Donny

Thanks for the update.

I just want to add though that, apart from the traffic issue, I also see a significant processing delay.
Usually the previous day's stats get processed at around 19.00 (my time). Now it's 01:30 (next day) and still the stats show as not having been processed.

I can say the same for the transaction processing. It might not be related but it seems to be stuck at 'processing' for almost a day.

•••
The delay in finalizing for yesterday is an issue with Google. One of my programmers is on his way home to work on it now.

Donny

•••
Main site down and all domains that are on voodoo won't resolve too

can we please have an update on this?

•••
I also confirm that the voodoo site is down without any previous announcement/warning.
All the parked domains as well.
Would be nice to get some explanation.

•••
Similar here. My 6/13 stats are about 50% less than previous 30 day running average.

•••
From 11:15pm PST until 11:45pm PST we were down yesterday. We will be analyzing the downtime and make everything right as we always have.

We had two issues yesterday, the first was traffic from came in from Europe was not getting into our data center because of a change that our data center made without us knowing. The second was one of our VM's blipped at 11:15pm PST, when it did it went into repair mode instead of rebooting.

We were technically only down for 30 minutes before everything was back up. But because of the issue with traffic not getting in as well during different hours yesterday as well. We will be giving a credit based on the hours problems were happening.

It probably will not happen until tomorrow.

Donny

•••
From 11:15pm PST until 11:45pm PST we were down yesterday. We will be analyzing the downtime and make everything right as we always have.

We had two issues yesterday, the first was traffic from came in from Europe was not getting into our data center because of a change that our data center made without us knowing. The second was one of our VM's blipped at 11:15pm PST, when it did it went into repair mode instead of rebooting.

We were technically only down for 30 minutes before everything was back up. But because of the issue with traffic not getting in as well during different hours yesterday as well. We will be giving a credit based on the hours problems were happening.

It probably will not happen until tomorrow.

Donny

Thank you Donny. You guys run a quality operation!!!

•••
voodoo is rock the best in the market really
thnx alot donny for every thing

•••
Chargebacks have started since 6 months. Previously there was no chargebacks. Voodoo CPC has also gone down?? Still voodoo rocks As well as donny. Best parking i have evere seen
chargebacks seem out of control, for me at least.

•••
Any update on the delayed stats?

•••
Not since I posted yesterday. We are working on the credit calculations right now.

Donny

•••
Voodoo.com is indeed a great parking company. So far simply had great experience with the system itself as well as the payouts. One of the best features is how easy they make it to communicate back and forth with an interested buyer that decides to go through the sales banner they allow you to put on your website.

It is very user friendly and smooth, I was able to seal a deal and sell a domain from having the sales banner set up on the site. An interested buyer asked me a few questions and I was able to answer them quickly through the Voodoo.com interface.

Will definitely keep using it and recommend it as a great parking option.

- Will

•••
Credit for downtime received, thank you!

•••
Again we are sorry for the issues we had on Saturday. There wasn't anything that we as a company could have done. Our data center had an issue with traffic from certain locations in the world. Then they ended up doing some maintenance without us knowing which brought us completely down for about 30 minutes.

This was the first downtime we have had in over 4 years, we pride ourselves on staying up 24/7.

Hope everybody understands.

Donny

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back