IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Ok, so we know how popular our Official Parked.com thread was...let's give @Donny's newest genius invention a try: VOODOO.COM :)
Let us know what you think! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
sst - johname is correct. They can chargeback up to 90 days back.

We are provided a number on an account level, not a domain level.

Donny

•••
Wow... Not sure about you guys but I just 1 hell of a CB!!!

•••
Chargebacks/Clawbacks are determined purely based on the quality and conversions of your traffic. And I'm sure a million other things that I am not aware of.

Donny

•••
Donny, does the opposite of a "claw-back" ever occur.. something like a "give-back"? In the event that quality of traffic, conversions, and other factors were perhaps better than anticipated?

"Claw-back from one guy, and give-back to another." :tu:

That's would be cool if the ad provider did this. :imho:

•••
I'm a little bit lazy at the moment so I'm sorry if this has been covered in the past 58 pages of this thread. Does Voodoo provide stats every xx amount of minutes so you know what you're making on your domains? GoDaddy gives me an update once a day, and only on my top 3 performing domains so I'm looking for something more specific, on a more frequent basis. Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

This is my recommendation for getting a new account, you have to have at least 10 domains, if you have 100, tell us all 100 domains. They need to be at least 6 months old, if you just registered 10 domains today, we will probably reject you because your domain will probably not have any traffic. Don't lie who you are, we are a lot smarter than you think. :)

Donny

Nevermind about my last question....I was trying to be proactive and search for the answer while waiting for a reply, and saw this post. My domains are less than 7 days old, I lose.

•••
Donny, does the opposite of a "claw-back" ever occur.. something like a "give-back"? In the event that quality of traffic, conversions, and other factors were perhaps better than anticipated?

"Claw-back from one guy, and give-back to another." :tu:

That's would be cool if the ad provider did this. :imho:

I have received many times revenue adjustments in + (additional) with domainsponsor.

Normally each month they make revenue adjustments. Some time - & many times +.

So this revenue adjustments are from domainsponsor or google I am not aware.

•••
There are two trains of thought when showing final stats.

In our case, we don't estimate what your final stats will be. Today we get all of your stats from our upstream providers for yesterday's traffic, we then finalize based on that information. This means what you earn is what you actually earn.

Some companies will estimate what you will earn the same day you have traffic. This is where again some additional companies are different. If they estimate that you made $10.00, but you really made $8.00, you are pretty much guaranteed to get an adjustment down. If they estimated that you made $10.00, but you really made $25.00, some will adjust you up and some will just keep the money.

It's not hard to figure out who does what.

Donny

•••
There are two trains of thought when showing final stats.

In our case, we don't estimate what your final stats will be. Today we get all of your stats from our upstream providers for yesterday's traffic, we then finalize based on that information. This means what you earn is what you actually earn.

Some companies will estimate what you will earn the same day you have traffic. This is where again some additional companies are different. If they estimate that you made $10.00, but you really made $8.00, you are pretty much guaranteed to get an adjustment down. If they estimated that you made $10.00, but you really made $25.00, some will adjust you up and some will just keep the money.

It's not hard to figure out who does what.

Donny

Thanks for your explanation.
I would like to inform at DS the stats are estimated and finalised in 2 days same like voodoo.
After this every month there is a revenue adjustment with + or -.

Also same thing happened with DomainPower.
The revenue status shown as 0 & after 2 days as $10 like voodoo.
After a month it has credit $80 as revenue adjustments.

But since DomainSponsor & DomainPower uses both google & Yahoo feeds, I could dot directly compare with voodoo.

If I am at mistake, please correct me

•••
sst - johname is correct. They can chargeback up to 90 days back.

We are provided a number on an account level, not a domain level.

Donny

My understanding has been that CBs are only based on the publisher cheating and clicking away on their own domain's ads. Is that still true or there are other factors?

And I understand there is no real data/report provided by the upstream about the traffic that each domain is getting. But the question is why they don’t?

Having analytics can help all parties to adjust for better performance as well as audit the results.

•••
We are provided only account level information on chargebacks/clawbacks, not domain level. Chargebacks in some shape or form happen on almost all accounts. The problem is when it's more then 3-5% then usually the traffic is really bad.

Some companies also use CPA based advertising and when they use it, the revenue sometimes isn't added until the end of the month.

Donny

•••
I'm a little confused.

If parked domains do not rely on SEO does entering the info for page titles and metatag description & keywords give any benefit?

Last edited:
•••
Crazy RPM

Hello.
Earnings worst in 10 years - yesterday in voodoo rpm $ 3.13 :D

•••
•••
whats the best domain optimization?

I use AutoOptimization, 1 word keyword, and Template: Alpha-Blue

Can the template decrease cpc?

•••
whats the best domain optimization?

I use AutoOptimization, 1 word keyword, and Template: Alpha-Blue

Can the template decrease cpc?

Personally I use Auto Optimization. We switch between 1 and 2 click landers based on different optimizations we have found work best. And we are currently testing a whole new system that so far has shown about a 15% increase in overall revenue on our test domains. We will be rolling it out to everybody in the next week or so. But it's only with the auto-optimization.

Setting a keyword is always good especially if it's a domain that is pretty generic. Setting a music domain to "insurance" actually does nothing and probably is just wasting your time.

We found that the Modern/Default template have the highest over revenue when comparing all of the templates to each other. Our plan is to do another test after the first of the year. But the difference between the Default and Alpha template were within 4% if I remember right. Which very well could be nothing at the end of the day.

Donny

•••
The app is fantastic :) easy and cool with no problems bug.

Now I think that the last thing missing on Voodoo is a deep traffic analysis for parked domains.
Would be great a mixture from Bodis and domain sponsor.

In detail:
Bodis is cool because they provide the CTR of the referral back links..
Domain Sponsor provide which keywords are clicked and wich referral backlinks drive traffic

Really cool info to understand how to set up better your domain.

I think that those data depends from the feed provider and not from Voodoo.. But with those data + the incredible Voodoo payout I think Voodoo would be the best parking place

Last edited:
•••
pablohc86 - The detailed stats are already on our list. :)

Donny

•••

Donny

really cool!!
now is possible to know that info asking to the help.. but i think is not the best have 1000 tickets XD

eager to see those available :)

•••
ive had parked domains for years now at many different parking companies. just wanted to say by far the platform voodoo uses is the best i have used and earnings seem pretty steady. some strange jumps here and there with cpc, but i figure it may have something to do with the auto optimization. Thanks guys.

•••
@donny Any advice on increasing CPC for a insurance domain with Asian traffic. I notice checking adwords that the term "insurance" had very little cpc with this asian country but if I put "International Insurance" CPC was higher.

Is then worth changing the keyword to "International Insurance" ?

•••

Donny

Hi Donny,

Does that mean they will be with us sometime soon, or are they along wait away?

stu

•••
@donny Any advice on increasing CPC for a insurance domain with Asian traffic. I notice checking adwords that the term "insurance" had very little cpc with this asian country but if I put "International Insurance" CPC was higher.

Is then worth changing the keyword to "International Insurance" ?

IMHO no one can say if is better or not.. depends from your traffic.
Only trying to change it, you can have your answer!

what is sure is that a higher CPC keywords will provide higher average RPC.
You also have to consider the CTR variation in order to see which key give you the best RPM.

•••
stub - My stats guy is already working on it. I'm not sure where he is with the whole system. But he's good at just launching things sometimes without me even knowing about it.

Right now most of our focus is on our sales system, which should be launched in the first week of December. The first phase should be launched this week, with a change to our contact system that is used if you have a domain for sale with us right now. Today, if you have a domain with us that is "for sale" basically we just send you an email when somebody fills out the form. That will start to change this week as we start transitioning to our new sales system.

Donny

•••
stub - That will start to change this week as we start transitioning to our new sales system.

Donny

Not sure where will be parking industry in 5 years time, but I'm happy to be in business with Voodoo now.

Thanks Donny.

MANO

•••
stub - My stats guy is already working on it. I'm not sure where he is with the whole system. But he's good at just launching things sometimes without me even knowing about it.

Right now most of our focus is on our sales system, which should be launched in the first week of December. The first phase should be launched this week, with a change to our contact system that is used if you have a domain for sale with us right now. Today, if you have a domain with us that is "for sale" basically we just send you an email when somebody fills out the form. That will start to change this week as we start transitioning to our new sales system.

Donny

Glad to see you are changing this, i have had two offers through the email system in the past and after replying to their offer never heard from them again. Suppose it could just be someone sending false offers, however i wasn't sure...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back