NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Ok, so we know how popular our Official Parked.com thread was...let's give @Donny's newest genius invention a try: VOODOO.COM :)
Let us know what you think! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Two things I wanted to talk about, first is Paypal and I'll address "Advertiser Chargebacks" as well.

Today we sent all payments out including Paypal. And for some reason Paypal is reviewing some of the payments. We have no idea why and when we called them they said it's one of their normal policies that they do some times. Paypal is really starting to be a pain in the ass, and I have seriously considered removing them as a payment option all together. They said it would take a day or so to review the payments, I couldn't tell you if 5 people are affected or 100, they wouldn't tell us.

"Advertiser Chargebacks" happen whenever Google determines that traffic is invalid after they tell us the final numbers. Google is very proactive in removing invalid clicks, and this is how we show it in your account. We don't have any information on what domain it was from, just the account.

Donny

•••
Thanks Donny .I got my payment today !

•••
When you See "Advertiser's Chargeback" is this only common with in a GOOGLE Ad Feed?

Also, Invalid Traffic (does that mean anything that is not considered allowed by Google (anything that is not payable) How do you determine on our end what is INVALID?..... "only expired links or Search engine traffic" Would that justify VALID Traffic!

This helps to get a valuable answer so that as domain buyers we know what too look for on the Auction or expired Domains market?

Thanks!

•••
Don't remove paypal as an option :o

•••
Two things I wanted to talk about, first is Paypal and I'll address "Advertiser Chargebacks" as well.

Today we sent all payments out including Paypal. And for some reason Paypal is reviewing some of the payments. We have no idea why and when we called them they said it's one of their normal policies that they do some times. Paypal is really starting to be a pain in the ass, and I have seriously considered removing them as a payment option all together. They said it would take a day or so to review the payments, I couldn't tell you if 5 people are affected or 100, they wouldn't tell us.

"Advertiser Chargebacks" happen whenever Google determines that traffic is invalid after they tell us the final numbers. Google is very proactive in removing invalid clicks, and this is how we show it in your account. We don't have any information on what domain it was from, just the account.

Donny

I would prefer Paypal, but I am aware of the problem you are referring to.

I had the "review" happen to my April payment.

Payment was sent on April 27th when the review was placed. It was cleared the next day.

Brad

•••
Sorry, I am Pro PayPal too! I will wait, I don't care.

•••
I'm not saying we will remove it, I would just love to remove them. They are just annoying in many cases as I'm sure we have all seen at once time or another.

I'll explain more about advertiser chargebacks when I have a chance to wake up. :)

Donny

•••
I ABSOLUTELY agree that PayPal can be a Royal Pain!!

But when all is smooth, I love them.. It is a Love-Hate relationship. :guilty:

•••
Please keep the PayPal option at $20 minimum. I realize there are some high rollers in this thread who wouldn't mind seeing the payout minimum raised as they make that amount every month etc. but not everyone buys domains primarily for parking purposes. And, yes, please keep PayPal as a payment option.

No need to pay more regularly - I'm quite happy with the current payment frequency.

Thanks and thanks also for the recent payment which I received by PayPal without any problems.

•••
I contacted PayPal a few months ago about my Payment Review and here's what they've got to say. Essentially, they run a fraud check against the source of those funds (in this case Voodoo) and your account. This happens if your account is Unverified or Verified but have not been used actively to transfer large amounts of money. I hope this clears something up.

•••
@Donny -
I have a domain today with a "1" in the search column, but "0" in the visitors column. How?

•••
The wire hit my bank today. :D Thanks for yet another payment Donny! The wire saved me $100 in currency exchange fees charged by Paypal and prolly saved Donny too :)

•••
@Donny -
I have a domain today with a "1" in the search column, but "0" in the visitors column. How?
Funny you say that. I once got 1 click from 0 visitors to a domain. Needless to say, that click was removed when stats were finalized.

•••
Funny you say that. I once got 1 click from 0 visitors to a domain. Needless to say, that click was removed when stats were finalized.

I've got 1 visitor to 4 clicks today... I'm worried it is some kind of glitch :(

Can you check it out Donny? (Username is the same as here.)

•••
I've got 1 visitor to 4 clicks today... I'm worried it is some kind of glitch :(

Can you check it out Donny? (Username is the same as here.)
That happens more often than you might think. It's quite common for a single visitor to click on more than one ad. My best is 7 clicks from a single visitor after stats were finalized.

•••
TopJimmy - Tell those Nintendo Wii people to stop searching on your domains. Somehow it did a search, let me just say it's confusing and nothing to worry about.

Multiple clicks do happen all of the time, unlike some other companies we pay you for all of your clicks that we are paid for.

Donny

•••
Hi,

I just signed up for voodoo and filled out a test inquiry form for one of my domains. How long does it normally take to receive an inquiry form once it has been submitted? Thanks!

Edit...

Just got it. Takes about 10 minutes :)

Last edited:
•••
stogie21 - I think we send them out every 10 to 15 minutes.

Donny

•••
I contacted PayPal a few months ago about my Payment Review and here's what they've got to say. Essentially, they run a fraud check against the source of those funds (in this case Voodoo) and your account. This happens if your account is Unverified or Verified but have not been used actively to transfer large amounts of money. I hope this clears something up.

I received a Payment Review for this payment for May 2012. The payment was made one day and released the next day. My PayPal a/c is Verified and I get about the same amount every month from VooDoo (well slight increment each month). OK. once, I can accept this Payment Review, even if it wasn't justified, but I'll be pissed if I ever get another one. I can understand why Donny would be pissed for the same reasons. But I too would prefer to keep PayPal as my Payment Method.

•••
11 clicks total yesterday for $0.61!! - I am going fishin' - Whoohoo!!!!! :P

<<Insert Sarcasm Here>>

•••
I received a Payment Review for this payment for May 2012. The payment was made one day and released the next day. My PayPal a/c is Verified and I get about the same amount every month from VooDoo (well slight increment each month). OK. once, I can accept this Payment Review, even if it wasn't justified, but I'll be pissed if I ever get another one. I can understand why Donny would be pissed for the same reasons. But I too would prefer to keep PayPal as my Payment Method.

Yeah but is your Paypal account reaching $7500 in notional transaction volume? If so, then PayPal will do this payment review and later on, ask you to submit additional ID on top of your credit card info. Just a heads up

•••
What is notional transaction volume? And why would they ask for additional info when they have my bank account and credit card info already. Especially since this was a payment transaction from Voodoo. Not a payment I have made.

•••
8 Clicks Yesterday for a whopping....wait for it...$0.07!!! :wave:

Foreign clicks maybe?? Any thoughts??

Thanks,
Jimmy

•••
TopJimmy - I'll send you a PM with the information.

Donny

•••
8 Clicks Yesterday for a whopping....wait for it...$0.07!!! :wave:

Foreign clicks maybe?? Any thoughts??

Thanks,
Jimmy

That's another side to Voodoo!

Definitely looking foreign to me - may be from Pakistan. That's the current rate there.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back