Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Ok, so we know how popular our Official Parked.com thread was...let's give @Donny's newest genius invention a try: VOODOO.COM :)
Let us know what you think! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
By contract I am not allowed to publically say, but I will tell you that I we are with the larger of the two. :)

Donny

•••
thanks very quick reply from donny

•••
hi, Donny!

We started an account several hours ago, we thought the approval is instant (as it is advertised on Voodoo website), but the credentials are still not working and we are unable to login.

Would you please advice why?
My login name is: ****

Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
Our evaluation system for new accounts looks at a lot of different information. Sometimes, we have to look at accounts by hand.

Please make sure to remove the username from your previous post.

Donny

•••
Thanks a lot, everything is working now.

•••
Hi
May i know the payment date of june earnings?

•••
Payments are sent the same time each month. Between the 28th and the end of the month.

Donny

•••
Payments are sent the same time each month. Between the 28th and the end of the month.

Donny
Thank you, for the quick reply

•••
@ Donny

I have a domain which is currently parked with Voodoo. Once in a while a get 1 visitor according to the stats, no searches and no clicks but according to Google Adwords the exact domain name stats are Global 9900, US 1300, UK 5400.

Am I correct in saying that their is something not right here? According to me I should be seeing either 9900 searches on my Voodoo stats.thanks

•••
Those numbers don't mean anything to a domain. Just because Google gives you an imaginary number on how many people search for a term, doesn't mean your exact match.com will get that type of traffic. You should probably do some more research. I'm sure somebody explains it in details somewhere on namepros.

Donny

•••
Those Google exact searches are because somebody has typed in "search term" in the Google Search Box. You won't get any visitors to your domain from any of those searches. You will only get a visitor to your domain if somebody puts "searchterm.com" in the browser's address box. There is exactly zero correlation between the two.

Last edited:
•••
Statistical accuracy of google adwords does not mean access to your domain
it merely search. If we rely on it then all domain names have visit very larger

•••
Those Google exact searches are because somebody has typed in "search term" in the Google Search Box. You won't get any visitors to your domain from any of those searches. You will only get a visitor to your domain if somebody puts "searchterm.com" in the browser's address box. There is exactly zero correlation between the two.

Stub is correct, even when they search: searchterm.com in Google there is a 99% possibility your parked page is not indexed, so even with this 100% exact search you will get 0 traffic.

•••
Hi guys and Donny.
I read the entire smurge thread. By the way smurge thanks for the tips. My strategy has been completely opposite...but you're the guy making it work for profits. I've been registering and buying what I thought was good generic domains for the past ten years...without even considering back links.

Besides building a decent website that brings in a few thousand dollars from contract payments...my parking domains have been a losing business every year. Over a year ago I thought domain apps was going to work. But...after building 138 mini sites that look fairly good, I got almost no clicks...even with fairly good traffic.

So...I'm in the process of switching most domains over here to Voo Doo for a try. So far things are looking up for a change. For the first time in years I'm getting multi clicks from a single visitor...with at least several clicks every day. I put a lot of thought into choosing my 99% dot com generic domains. Hoping this works out for both of us Donny. Thanks for keeping us informed on how your site works.

Last edited:
•••
Hi Donny,

My payment status for last month revenue is "Carried Over", I don't understand what does it mean. Could you pls explain it to me?
Thanks

•••
Why No Payment This Month ? Payment Carried Over

Hi Donny,
I would like to bring it to your attention that I, my friend and brother has accounts with voodoo, we have payment around $400 to $500, but all our accounts shows payment carried over, we have filled the tax form, payments options and details everything is done,
Still payment carried over with no explanation, voodoo is getting worst.
Please help us out Donny.
Thanks.

•••
One day I'm going to understand why people who ask questions like why they didn't get paid, never actually send us an email or a ticket so we can actually respond to them in a private.

hotpassion - You have a pending chargeback.

ejohny - Please send us some more information on you, your friend, your brother, your aunt, your uncle, third cousin on your mothers side, etc... and we will tell you why you are not being paid this month.

Our policy is pretty simple if you have a pending chargeback that is more than 50% of what you are supposed to be paid we hold the payment until we get the final numbers.

Donny

•••
Hey Guys,

First time poster and still very much new at monetizing domains (despite always feeling compelled to buy them!) so just dropped by to firstly say hi and thanks for all the posts - I've spent a lot of time sifting through this thread and took the plunge. The process so far has been smooth and easy.

I pointed most domains towards VD, since for the most part they're not doing anything else, but wondered how much time I should spend up front on the settings for each individual entry?

There are few that aren't handreg'd at the moment, simply collected with plans of grandeur but I find myself with less and less inclination to do anything 'proper' with them.

Cheers - M

•••
First off welcome meursault. I've been a member since 2009...but my first post was yesterday.:)

Doony I have a question.
Here goes. I have some of my domains hosted with godaddy. They let you list your domain on their premium service for free, based on them taking 30% if domain sells. As far as I know there's no link to my domains...but they show up for sale if a domain searcher searches for the exact terms in their dot com link.
My question, since my DNS point to Voo Doo is there a possible problem having them for sale on godaddy?

Also, I had some domains listed for sale on sedo. Same thing I've left them up for sale even though my domains are parked at VD. As far as I know there are no links pointed torwards my domains at either site.

Thanks
EG

•••
meursault - We have customers who go through every single domain and set every setting possible. Then on the other side we have people who just add their domain and let the system do what it does best. Personally, I set the keywords on about 1% of my domains, otherwise, I leave them alone.

End Game - Having your domains listed at different marketplaces is fine. If you want we even allow you to link to one of the other market places if you want to. Our sales system should be available pretty soon. I'm testing it out right now myself.

Donny

•••
Sounds good Donny. I'll watch for your new sales system.

•••
hello
donny

voodoo support zero click?

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

:wave:hello
donny

voodoo support zero click?

:wave:

•••
Hey Donny, I haven't received the rum cake for x-mas yet...

anyway, if you want some beta testers for the new features, please include me.

•••
Donny - cheers for the confirmation. Methinks I'll play it by ear a little and see if your system works any magic first. I must admit, my hopes aren't very high with a lot of my domains!

Supplementary question; are hyphenated domains frowned upon?

Thanks - M

•••
Meursault - hyphens are fine.

cloudengineer - I have a rum cake for you. I started drinking the rum and just need to figure out how to turn on the oven to bake a cake.

We do not support zero click at this time. We do plan on it once we find the right coverage.

Donny

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back