NameSilo

Using Articles from article directories...how does it affect the SEO?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Using the articles from article directories (mentioning the name of original authors) on mini-sites,how does it affect the SEO? good,bad or worse?
(for new domain names with almost no traffic)
Instead of keeping the domain idle is it a better option? :?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Using the articles from article directories (mentioning the name of original authors) on mini-sites,how does it affect the SEO? good,bad or worse?
You should read a bit more abbout copyright infringment because mentioning the name of original authors is not enough.
Duplicate content is the next problem if you do this for hundred of articles. Very bad.

•••
You should read a bit more abbout copyright infringment because mentioning the name of original authors is not enough.
Duplicate content is the next problem if you do this for hundred of articles. Very bad.

tats what i was thinking!
But domain parking sites like seoparking.com provide articles from article directories itself.
i have a domain parked there, it is updated daily by articles for the provided keyword and it is also mentioning the authors & their resp. sites with links in the end!
are these articles paid articles?

•••
Last edited:
•••
I´ve never used their service and therefore I can´t tell you anything about possible issues but here is an older discussion about

Thanks HappyDay for the link to the thread,it was very informative.

•••
I would watch out on using content that is already on the web. There are many way to get fresh content that google and other search engines will not punish your site for using.

I have built many minisites myself and have always used unique articles which has worked out well my my sites and their rankings.

•••
No it is YOU that needs to re-read copyright and attribution guidelines on those article directories.

The SOLE purpose of article directories is to distribute COPYRIGHTED articles for use on minisites and blogs with Attribution.

•••
I would watch out on using content that is already on the web. There are many way to get fresh content that google and other search engines will not punish your site for using.

I have built many minisites myself and have always used unique articles which has worked out well my my sites and their rankings.

Brian can you please suggest some of the ways that you are using for getting fresh content? (except writing it on your own) :P

No it is YOU that needs to re-read copyright and attribution guidelines on those article directories.

The SOLE purpose of article directories is to distribute COPYRIGHTED articles for use on minisites and blogs with Attribution.

Barefoottech, can you please tell since such articles are already there on other sites also how badly does it affect the ranking of the mini-site?

•••
I had a PR3 domain that I no longer wanted to use, and I posted some articles on it. It fell to and remained a PR1. Not too bad, but not too great either! Use original articles if you can.

•••
Content and SEO are two different things. You use SEO to optimize your content and your site (or your parked domain, if they allow it).

If you put an article on your site that is also on many other sites, you are unlikely to get much benefit. But if you optimize the page that the article is on, you may get more benefit than you expect, or that many will tell you to expect.

Let me put it this way: if your copy of duplicated content is better optimized than all the others, you should get some benefit from your SEO work on the page.

People can ask for help and advice, but I suggest you consider doing some TESTING. Try some things out for yourself and see what works and what doesn't. You may find that some things that people say work, doesn't for you, and things that many people say don't work, actually do better than you would expect.

•••
I had a PR3 domain that I no longer wanted to use, and I posted some articles on it. It fell to and remained a PR1. Not too bad, but not too great either! Use original articles if you can.

The domains i'm using are all PR0 domains,so i'm also curious how will it affect the page rank for these domains. Also I would like to tell you its been few days since the mini-sites are live but the pages are indexing quite well.

I suggest you consider doing some TESTING. Try some things out for yourself and see what works and what doesn't.

Thanks nielsencl,tats what exactly i'm doing now. Trying different parking,development sites and observing there results for low traffic,no traffic domains. And this kind of experimenting is helping me a lot to learn things. :)

•••
+1!
You better buy some quality content or write some yourself!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back