NameSilo

TheOnlineBrokerage.com???

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I got a strange email this afternoon, that looked too good to be true (The red flags went up after I received his reply)

The first email...
PHP:
Hello, 
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! 

Your domain name has been found online. We are very interested in it. Please let us know your price. 

This is not our main business but we make money on buying/seling domains. 

This is a profitable business. Looking forward to do business with you. 

Regards, 
Michael E Myers 
Vice President 
OB Securities LLC 

======================================================== NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any viewing,
 copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, 
please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. ========================================================

Here is his reply...
PHP:
Hi David! 

Can you accept 12,000 USD? 

Do you sell domain with a web site or just the name? 

Domain without content is ok with me. Web site is not necessary. Have you had your domain names evaluated in the past? 

I mean domain appraisals. Without valuation we cannot be sure in the sale price. It's very important for me in terms of reselling too. But we must engage a valuation company with REAL manual service. So I will only accept valuations from independent sources I and my partners trust. 

To avoid mistakes I asked domain experts about reputable appraisal companies. 

Please check this blog with suggestions from other sellers and buyers: http://domainblog.007sites.com/486935.htm 

If, for example, the valuation comes higher you can adjust your asking price accordingly. It will be fair. 

I also hope you can give me 12% - 15% discount. After you send me the valuation via email (usually it takes 1-2 days to obtain it) we'll continue our negotiations. 

What is your preferred payment method: Escrow.com, International wire transfer, PayPal.com or something else? 

Hope we can come to an agreement fast. 

Looking forward to your reply.

Scary stuff out there for people who take the bait >:(

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Got the same one today...

Hello,

What is the price of your domain?

We are very interested in it. Good domains are wise investment in the
future. We are in real estate business. Our company is interested in
easy-to-remember domain names.

If you have other domains for sale feel free to send your list.

Looking forward to do business with you.

Regards,

Ronald Isaacks

CEO

JPS Online Real Estate LLC
[email protected]

Thank you NamePro for your great forums!

•••
theonlinebrokerage.com scam

Hi All,

this is what i received:
PHP:
Hello, What is the price of your domain? We are very interested in it. Good domains are wise investment in the future. We are in real estate business. Our company is interested in easy-to-remember domain names. If you have other domains for sale feel free to send your list. Looking forward to do business with you. Regards, Karl Hauber President The Online Real Estate LLC

My Reply:

PHP:
Hi Harl,

Please make me an offer for the domain name as i do not want to quote to high neither to low.

All offers are carefully analysed, i will get back to you ASAP.

Thank you very much.

His Reply:

PHP:
My sister gave birth to a child. Aplogies for delay with response. We celebrated.

Can you accept 15,000 USD?

Domain without content is ok with me. Web site is not necessary. 

Have you had your domain names evaluated in the past? I mean domain appraisals. Without valuation we cannot be sure in the sale price. It's very important for me in terms of reselling too. But we must engage a valuation company with REAL manual service. So I will only accept valuations from independent sources I and my partners trust. 

Please check this blog with suggestions from other sellers and buyers:
http://nametalk.007sites.com/Archive/695371.htm

If, for example, the valuation comes higher you can adjust your asking price accordingly.  It will be fair. I also hope you can give me 12% - 15% discount.

After you send me the valuation via email (usually it takes 1-2 days to obtain it) we'll continue our negotiations.

What is your preferred payment method:  Escrow.com, International wire transfer, PayPal.com or something else? 

Looking forward to your reply

My reply:
PHP:
Dear Hauber thanks for your offer but you do noy even meet the starting price, no need for appraisal  as if you want it start with 100.000USD.

Otherwise dont waiste both our time, also how will you be able to pay 15000 if you do not evenhave $3.00 to pay for hosting service with godaddy as you are using their free service.

Thanks

Horrible that people go for this,:bah:

•••
Got the same one from:

Karl Hauber
President
The Online Real Estate LLC

•••
It seems that someone may contact you - make an offer on your domain and demand that you use this site: domainexplorer.org. This is a scam and all they are trying to do is get you to sign up for a domain appraisal. Once you do the buyer suddenly disappears and is not interested but yet you have dished out the money for a domain appraisal causing that false buyer to receive affiliate monies or commission. BEWARE of this site also: Domain Talk

and an email from this guy: [email protected]

attached is a copy of the email:

Have you had your domain names evaluated in the past? I mean domain appraisals. Without valuation we cannot be sure in the sale price. It's very important for me in terms of reselling too. But we must engage a valuation company with REAL manual service. So I will only accept valuations from independent sources I and my partners trust.

Domain Talk

If, for example, the valuation comes higher you can adjust your asking price accordingly. It will be fair. I also hope you can give me 12% - 15% discount.

After you send me the valuation via email (usually it takes 1-2 days to obtain it) we'll continue our negotiations.

What is your preferred payment method: Escrow.com, International wire transfer, PayPal.com or something else?

This is a scam.

I just received that exact same set of emails myself - but he was calling himself "Karl Hauber" and offered me $15 k for my domain TextaPsychic.mobi which he could have bid on for much less on Sedo.

Last edited:
•••
I got a strange email this afternoon, that looked too good to be true (The red flags went up after I received his reply)

The first email...
PHP:
Hello, 
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! 

Your domain name has been found online. We are very interested in it. Please let us know your price. 

This is not our main business but we make money on buying/seling domains. 

This is a profitable business. Looking forward to do business with you. 

Regards, 
Michael E Myers 
Vice President 
OB Securities LLC 

======================================================== NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any viewing,
 copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, 
please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. ========================================================

Here is his reply...
PHP:
Hi David! 

Can you accept 12,000 USD? 

Domain without content is ok with me. Web site is not necessary. Have you had your domain names evaluated in the past? 

I mean domain appraisals. Without valuation we cannot be sure in the sale price. It's very important for me in terms of reselling too. But we must engage a valuation company with REAL manual service. So I will only accept valuations from independent sources I and my partners trust. 

Please check this blog with suggestions from other sellers and buyers: http://domainblog.007sites.com/486935.htm 

If, for example, the valuation comes higher you can adjust your asking price accordingly. It will be fair. 

I also hope you can give me 12% - 15% discount. After you send me the valuation via email (usually it takes 1-2 days to obtain it) we'll continue our negotiations. 

Scary stuff out there for people who take the bait >:(

I just received the EXACT same sequence of emails from "Karl Hauber" of "The Online Real Estate LLC" offering me $15 k for my domain TextaPsychic.mobi

I know it's a valuable domain, but not $15k unless a big psychic company were contacting me - not an illiterate 3rd world con artist.

Seemed like the Nigerian bank scam but a bit more sophisticated.

---------- Post added at 02:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 AM ----------

Hi All,

this is what i received:
PHP:
Hello, What is the price of your domain? We are very interested in it. Good domains are wise investment in the future. We are in real estate business. Our company is interested in easy-to-remember domain names. If you have other domains for sale feel free to send your list. Looking forward to do business with you. Regards, Karl Hauber President The Online Real Estate LLC

My Reply:

PHP:
Hi Harl,

Please make me an offer for the domain name as i do not want to quote to high neither to low.

All offers are carefully analysed, i will get back to you ASAP.

Thank you very much.

His Reply:

PHP:
My sister gave birth to a child. Aplogies for delay with response. We celebrated.

If, for example, the valuation comes higher you can adjust your asking price accordingly.  It will be fair. I also hope you can give me 12% - 15% discount.

What is your preferred payment method:  Escrow.com, International wire transfer, PayPal.com or something else? 

Looking forward to your reply

My reply:
PHP:
Dear Hauber thanks for your offer but you do noy even meet the starting price, no need for appraisal  as if you want it start with 100.000USD.

Otherwise dont waiste both our time, also how will you be able to pay 15000 if you do not evenhave $3.00 to pay for hosting service with godaddy as you are using their free service.

Thanks

Horrible that people go for this,:bah:

This is precisely, identically the email sequence I received for my domain TextaPsychic.mobi

Amazing

Last edited:
•••
Same as the above, I had it, but for some reason it ended up within my spam box already. thanks to NP whenver I get an email like this I generally dont believe them

•••
Same message

hi
sorry for my English I am french.
I received exactly the same message yesterday, with the same price as you, and his sister who just had a baby ..
it really surprised my 15.000 usd ..:lala:
Now I understand that this is a joke ..
what I do not understand it for what purpose?
the mail I received:

Code:
Hello,
>>
>> What is the price of your domain?
>>
>> We are very interested in it. Good domains are wise investment in the
>> future. We are in real estate business. Our company is interested in
>> easy-to-remember domain names.
>>
>> If you have other domains for sale feel free to send your list.
>>
>> Looking forward to do business with you.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Karl Hauber
>>
>> President
>>
>> The Online Real Estate LLC

and after

Code:
My sister gave birth to a child. Aplogies for delay with response. We 
celebrated.

Have you had your domain names evaluated in the past? I mean domain 
appraisals. Without valuation we cannot be sure in the sale price. It's very 
important for me in terms of reselling too. But we must engage a valuation 
company with REAL manual service. So I will only accept valuations from 
independent sources I and my partners trust.

To avoid mistakes I asked domain experts about reputable appraisal 
companies.

If, for example, the valuation comes higher you can adjust your asking price 
accordingly.  It will be fair. I also hope you can give me 12% - 15% 
discount.

After you send me the valuation via email (usually it takes 1-2 days to 
obtain it) we'll continue our negotiations.

What is your preferred payment method:  Escrow.com, International wire 
transfer, PayPal.com or something else?

for what purpose?

•••
Yeah, that exactly the same people, same scammer.. I've been asked for this on domain forum in my country, they told me to avoid this people..
They just want you to lose your money while you appraise the domain on their recommendation place (also the same person n company).
After you do this, they will never show up n contacting you again..
Beware friends

•••
The point is, they want you to get an appraisal with a "trusted" appraisal site, which in reality is themself. So you pay for the appraise they get the money, and you never hear from them again.

And the appraisal they give, is not something you can use. Its fake.

•••
Scam scam scam !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

•••
Guess what?? I've just received my copy-and-paste email from TheOnlineScam.com :D Here it is:
Code:
Hello,

What is the price of your domain?

We are very interested in it. Good domains are wise investment in the
future. We are in real estate business. Our company is interested in
easy-to-remember domain names.

Regards,

Robb Shecter

President

The Online Real Estate LLC

•••
Just got an email like this today...

A friend sent me to this thread when I forwarded an email that I received today about one of my domains. The email came from the same domain as is in the subject of this thread.

from [email protected]
to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
date Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 4:26 AM
subject thatsmyiphone.us sent (06/22/09)
4:26 AM (9 hours ago)

Hello,

Can you accept 9000 euros for this domain? Are you still interested in
sale?

We are in real estate. But we are very interested in Internet names and
web sites too.

Regards,

Alex Wargacki

CEO

ONB Real Estate LLC
========================================================
NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged
information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any
viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by
unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message
and deleting it from your computer.

Note the bad grammar ("Looking forward to do business with you.") and the fact that they want the .us domain, rather than the .com/.net/.org, or any of the others I own.

I replied with an email asking him to use Sedo.com to make the purchase if he's interested, and listed the domains below (since they are all similar and I figured he might be interested in all of them). This was before I was sent to this forum. I doubt I'll hear from him again, since I'm using Sedo and he can't scam his way around them.

THATSMYIPHONE.COM
THATSMYIPHONE.INFO
THATSMYIPHONE.MOBI
THATSMYIPHONE.NET
THATSMYIPHONE.ORG
THATSMYIPHONE.US <-- He asked about buying this one, but none of the others.

•••
I got a similar one just this morning.

***********.com sent (06/26/09)
‏From: [email protected]
Sent: Fri 6/26/09 1:47 AM
To: ******@live.com

Hello,

Are you still interested in sale of your domain? What is your price?

web sites too.

Regards,

Alex Wargacki

CEO

ONB Real Estate LLC

LOL! I was happy for a nano second, as it is a good domain name I have related to poker. Then I did a little research and WHAM- I come on the boards and found the thread. Thankfully, none of of us have fallen for their scheme.

•••
theonlinebrokerage.scam

This morning I also received the 9000 euros offer from Mr/Ms Wargacki and, thankfully, directed him/her to my Sedo listing before googling and finding this website and this forumthread. I also found it a bit strange that he/she offered that much (it is about 10 times my personal estimate, and about one-third of the estibot.com valuation - and my rule of thumb is that the site should be called 50timesoverestibot.com). I'll wait and see whether he/she has yet another pregnant sister.

I'm also confused as to why a real estate firm would be called theonlinebrokerage.com ???

Last edited:
•••
Note to Phishers... if you are going to be a lazy bum and them send crap like this out, at least proofread and spellcheck.

Morons and bums, that is all Phishers are.

•••
These guys are just to funny.

I have had some fun with them corresponding to their e-mail.

Read upside down, their first e-mail to me is at the bottom and mine is at the top:

PHP:
Yes as I said,

If you want me to BUY YOUR DOMAIN NAME, then you have to get it appraised at Scam-Appraisal-Biiiaaacchhh.com It only cost $1.500.

They have gotten very good reviews, just read here:
Tommy from Michigan
"I used Scam-Appraisal-Biiiaaacchhh.com and sold my domain name for 1 zillion USD!"

Ki Ssmya Ss.
"I only use Scam-Appraisal-Biiiaaacchhh.com they are very professional!!!"

Once you have done that e-mail me their certificate then I will buy YOUR DOMAIN NAME for $1.400. Okey?

Just read this about the other appraisal site:
Suckers-R-Us.com
"The other domain name appraisal sites Sucks!!!!"

So go visit Scam-Appraisal-Biiiaaacchhh.com and pay them $1.500 then e-mail me back!

Regards,

Suc Kmyd Ick

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: Wargacki [mailto:[email protected]]
Sendt: 27. juni 2009 09:14
Til: ******
Emne: ******

We both need independent valuation first.

Sellers always provide buyers with valuations. This is  a common practice.

I don't trust $14 services like that GoDaddy's valuation service. Nobody will do a research for $14. We need a real manual service.

I researched several companies and here are the results:

I wanted to engage AccurateDomains.com as appraiser but looks like this company has very bad reputation Just read this blog http://accuratedomains.blogspot.com/
So I'm not going to accept this fraudulent service.

I also considered www.Afternic.com, but now it's clear their service is not reliable enough.
Just read this:
http://www.igoldrush.com/links3.htm
"Capsule Review: After lots of complaints, Afternic is no longer a recommended service. We will re-review the service in the near future."

Another complaint
http://www.out-law.com/page-1630

I  was told about manual research service from http://www.DomainMart.com. It costs - $200/hour.

Many experienced sellers suggested me www.DomainExplorer.org as a trustworth manual service. They charge per name not per hour. I've read only positive comments about them.

----- Original Message -----
To: "'Wargacki'" <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2009 1:09 AM
Subject: ******

Hi again Mr. Alex,

Yes we agree, so just visit the appraisal site:
Scam-Appraisal-Biiiaaacchhh.com

And pay for an appraisal, it only cost $1.500 special price for you, then we can go to the next step, of course that is if you still want to sell your domain name.

Or even better, just send the payment to my Moneybookers account, and I will get it appraised then I will buy YOUR domain name. Okey?

After we have done this business, maybe we can do some of those Nigerian-email-scam things, is that okey with you? Just follow the same step and make a payment to my Moneybookers account.

Regards,

Suc Kmyd Ick

Fra: Wargacki [mailto:[email protected]]
Sendt: 26. juni 2009 22:42
Til:******

It's a standard practice to show independent valuation to buyers/resellers.
Nobody will do business without it. I'm a businessman and have no intention of changing rules which help both parties to avoid additional risks.

Of course, investors never take into account auto-generated valuations. So manual valuation is a "must" too.

I read the following information about appraisals at:
http://discussnames.007sites.com/Archive/702481.htm

Thank you for understanding. I'm looking forward to do business with you.

----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2009 11:59 PM
Subject: SV: ******

Hi Mr. Alex,

We are in marketing business and has domain name sales as a minor
side-business.

We are interested in buying you domain name "theonlinebrokerage.com".

Is $9.000 good enough?

But as I said we are a serious business, so our board has to accept this
deal. So you have to get your domain-name appraised first.

We have been in this business a long time now, so we have heard rumors about
some of the appraisal sites around there.

So we don’t acknowledge the appraisal from these companies:
We know GoDaddy does appraisal, but they have amateur people doing it,
without knowledge for the real value.

And Sedo is just automatic, they don’t even look at the domain-name.

And other domain registrar sites, what they know about is registering
domain-name, NOT how to apprais one.

We have heard a lot of good things about Scam-Appraisal-Biiiaaacchhh.com,
they have low fees and does the best appraisal. It only cost $1.500.

If you want to sell your domain-name, please contact us!

Regards,

Suc Kmyd Ick

Fra: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]
Sendt: 26. juni 2009 19:42
Til: ******

Hello,

Are you still interested in sale of your domain? What  is your price?

web sites too.

Regards,

Alex Wargacki

CEO

ONB Real Estate LLC

•••
i got scammed by these bastards and their site Domain Explorer a couple days ago, offering 15,000 euros for 4 names - i'm a newbie to domain name trading and so was reeled in like a fish - i should've known better as i'm usually the suspicious type but there you go... i've since initiated a chargeback on my card purchase to recover my funds and we will be chasing these thieves until they are exposed and brought to account.

Last edited:
•••
i got scammed by these bastards and their site Domain Explorer a couple days ago, offering 15,000 euros for 4 names - i'm a newbie to domain name trading and so was reeled in like a fish - i should've known better as i'm usually the suspicious type but there you go... i've since initiated a chargeback on my card purchase to recover my funds and we will be chasing these thieves until they are exposed and brought to account.

Don't worry about it. We all make mistakes. This will be just a lesson to help make better choices as you progress within the domain game.

Best of luck with getting your funds back. :tu:

•••
yeh, talk about learning the hard way... i've also filed a complaint with the FBI - hopefully they can 'smoke them out' ... i didn't lose a lot but still, fraud is fraud...

•••
yeh, talk about learning the hard way... i've also filed a complaint with the FBI - hopefully they can 'smoke them out' ... i didn't lose a lot but still, fraud is fraud...

I also fell victim to that scam. I already requested a refund at plimus.com, explaining that I have been scammed. Are there any more actions you would advise me to take?

•••
I also fell victim to that scam. I already requested a refund at plimus.com, explaining that I have been scammed. Are there any more actions you would advise me to take?

Contact your bank/credit card company to initiate a chargeback and to investigate the transaction. I contacted mine and they have blocked my card and will be issuing me with a new one while they go after these crooks. It won't take them long to work out that the online brokerage/domain explorer is a fraudulent operation.

Also file a IC3 complaint form with the FBI - you can do that on this site;

Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home

•••
It may also pay to send a copy of your complaint direct to the FBI's Phoenix branch to speed things up, cos these scammers seem to be hiding behind proxy servers located there.

You can find their contact details here;

Phoenix Division Headquarters City

•••
I filed a complaint at IC3.

Though I doubt there is much they can do about it. You would have to prove that their "appraisal" is a fraud. Otherwise, you ordered a service and they delivered, which is not illegal in itself. Only if you can prove their service to be worthless, you might have a shot.

I think the best approach is to initiate a chargeback at the bank and sit out their demands. I doubt they will make much effort to get the money, when they can just scam another poor soul.

•••
Now his sister gave birth. He celebrated!

------------------------------
1st email:

Hello,

Are you still interested in sale of your domain? What is your price?

web sites too.

Regards,

Alex Wargacki

CEO

ONB Real Estate LLC

2nd email:

My sister gave birth to a child. Apologies for delay with response. We celebrated!

Can you accept 10,000 USD?

Domain Talk

If, for example, the valuation comes higher you can adjust your asking price accordingly. It will be fair. I also hope you can give me 12% - 15% discount.

•••
Funny guy:

Very funny. I wanted to earn money on domain reselling and asked about proper letter in forums. People sent me this common email. It's clear that I'm not alone who is trying to make money on domain reselling. This is new risk free business on the domain aftermarket. You contact sellers and ask them to provide you with appraisals. Then you select the best names based on appraisal results and resell them. If you can promote domains non standard way or you have a good databsae of domain buyers it will bring you a good income. As a seller you'll get the appraised value - 15% (my commission). This is a win-win situation.

Unfortunately, some people think that we promote appraisal services. This is not true. I did not send you affiliate links or insisted on a particular appraisal service. All I need is a real manual appraisal not a bogus automated service. Sellers must provide us with appraisals so we can select the best names. I don't see something illegal in what we are doing since we spend our own money and time on promotion. If you try to sell domains without good potential you'll waste time and money. Moreover, I always order second appraisal myself to be sure in good potential of domain name.

I hope everything is clear now and we'll do business

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back