NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi

For this, let's assume that .tel will not be a total flop.

What type of keywords will be most valuable for this extension? Will it be geographical keywords, like newyork.tel, losangeles.tel, etc, or what else?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Is there any movement in the .tel aftermarket?

I have a few great ones (imho :red: ) but no interest:

biotech
genome
giant
diam
emm

•••
Is there any movement in the .tel aftermarket?

I have a few great ones (imho :red: ) but no interest:

biotech
genome
giant
diam
emm

you had chance to sell 'postal' .tel to me but has since been dropped - omg :td:

•••
I think Geo .tels are worth keeping, came across a site [telireland.ie -Tel Ireland - nice to see.

LOL that isin't a GEO .tel, it isin't even a .tel so not sure why you posted it here.

•••
you had chance to sell 'postal' .tel to me but has since been dropped - omg :td:

Think you're confusing me w/ someone else, I don't think I ever owned postal.

•••
LOL that isin't a GEO .tel, it isin't even a .tel so not sure why you posted it here.

I never said telireland_ie was a .tel - I posted it here has it should be of interest to .tel fans - its goal is to facilitate the populating of a large set of Geo .tel's relating to businesses and services in towns and cities in Ireland.

•••
I was not watching too intently but I don't think I noticed the 3 year reg ($300?) .tels dropping at Dynadot or elsewhere.

Perhaps collected back by the registrars?

•••
Some companies are charging £100 a time for a basic set-up, as people can't cope with the official user guide - but anyone here can DIY it and save that!

There are no links on the shootpics site to those pages, so you need to use the full URLs.

BTW, although you can buy and set up .tels now, they don't seem to be registering properly and the information is not displaying on the ones I've done today. The system is probably suffering from overload .. like me, LOL!

•••

I have keep my few premium tels in the longshot possibility that this company will light a fire under its a...posterior and try to get regular domain status OR sell to a giant telecom who MAY be able to use tel for its infrastructure.

As others have stated over the past three years: perhaps .tel is a gTLD whose time has long passed.

I should have listened...but that's water under the bridge. Still, if for no other reason than warning others not to jump on the new gTLD bandwagon, this thread should be kept alive.

One positive: I have learned from this experience and am a more careful buyer.

Peace, all!

•••
Total wast of money

Last edited:
•••
•••
I was not watching too intently but I don't think I noticed the 3 year reg ($300?) .tels dropping at Dynadot or elsewhere.

Perhaps collected back by the registrars?

Just spotted Airport.tel in pending delete, should be plenty of interest in this premium.

•••
Premium .tel is an oxymoron :)

•••
i got 2
foodguide.tel
want.tel

what do u think

•••
^^ get a refund asap, you have just wasted your money

•••
i got 2
foodguide.tel
want.tel

what do u think

.tel is a dead duck. I suppose you could prefix want with:

anybody.want.tel ?

•••
•••
We need Federer to sell all these domains for .tel owners.....

•••
•••
Is his second name Jesus ? :P :sold:
To use a quote from the movie "The Dogs of War":
"Not even Jesus could get through that lot." :)

Regards...jmcc

•••
namepros.tel has dropped and not renewed yet ummm

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back