IT.COM

domains The first Chinese owner gives up on Ai.Ai domain name!

NameSilo
Watch

domainnews

domaining story-tellerTop Member
Impact
Sources reported that You.ai has been sold for a large sums of money which up to 700000 USD recently by a Chinese domain investor ,his name is Tang Zeyong.

Tang started .ai at a very early age , dates back to 2011 or so when the extension of.Ai is not sell like hot cakes today at all as well as the registration fees cost so high nearly 150 USD for 2 years at that time,it shows that Tang has great sense of investments and are so shrewd ,the most importantly,as so to his persist,Tang is the King of.Ai domains among Chinese domain investors.

Tang has amany of one word English dictionary words and has sold some of them as well,tang listed his .ai domains at dan/com once I found it at random as I searched .

Here is another story about Ai .Ai

The first Chinese owner of Ai.ai is a Chinese people,His Nick name is called Shu yepi,English translation: the skin of leaives ,he registered the Ai.Ai domains at 2.14,2008 at first time when he was a college student.

He once shared with us his story about Ai.Ai at a Chinese TV interview, quote:one night ,he wanted to run a personal blog and he searched many Chinese COM.cn/Cn found many had been taken especially the one he loved the most , howere,after several days, he was told that .ai domain was out and anyone can owned it,he felt the opportunity came and the extension are so cute,short and meaningful because of .ai means LOVE in Chinese Pinyin.

but one thing cracked his head soon,Its so expensive that he couldn't affordable (500 USD / year at 2008), instead, Shu didn't wanna quit this,because this short and special name that really interested him at that time,and then Shu turned to his father for help, He told his father Ai.Ai is worth more than 3000 USD if he could sell out in 1 year.

Finally ,He strongly persuaded his father and borrowed 500 USD from his father then owned it.
“I was so excited that didn't sleep very well that night said Shu smilely and proudly”.

As time goes by ,renewal comes up but he had not sold his Ai.Ai yet to others ,maybe, no one has to much understanding of this anovelty and cute thing and the same thing was big headache due to the renew fee is as high as before, its really a large expense today for a domain renewal let alone at that time , at the same time ,he was quite busy with his study and prepared for his graduation essay at that very moment, he struggle strongly several days and made the hard decision (give up)!

From the 2 story mentioned above ,maybe, we domainers can learn someting from it, that is, its very important to do things at the right time, great things never come easy it takes some time!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Last edited:
•••
I appreciate you sharing that remarkable story.

Question: You said Tang, "made the hard decision (give up)" - Since Tang gave up, who now owns Ai.ai?

Also, can you please share the url of that Chinese Domain forum?

I'd love to connect with the Chinese Digital Asset Community.

Thank you.

•••

Question: You said Tang, "made the hard decision (give up)" - Since Tang gave up, who now owns Ai.ai?

Thank you.
Seems that another Chinese investor has got the ai.ai at present and many have 1 word .ai domains ,you can visit the site at domain cn

Last edited:
•••

Thank you.

Sure you want
Also others but...

Seems that another Chinese investor has got the ai.ai at present and many have 1 word .ai domains ,you can visit the site at domain cn

Basic must have a phone number from China to create account

I am right @VaneZhao ?

•••
Sure you want
Also others but...

Basic must have a phone number from China to create account

I am right @VaneZhao ?
Basiccally right,if you use your phone to register that account thenn you are allowed to reply in the threads,instead,you cant reply but you can read the threads only in the forum.

•••
•••
https://dan.com/domain-seller/zeyong-tang
I see Zeyong Tang has 6599, so probably sold one :ROFL: :xf.wink: :ROFL: , it was 6600 before this sale;
over 1k of them are AI

1697456545133.png

there was this post
https://www.namepros.com/threads/you-ai-sells-for-700-000.1312664

Last edited:
•••
•••
Premium renewals are a scam.
The irony is “Premium” hot garbage.

No business model; bothers me, more.

Please stick $10 .com renewal folks! Even com 7% hikes, .com price will always be below wayy under premium ngTLD renewal scam. Awful, charge this much to renew a pseudo-ext “Premium” non-com domain.

Always, double check all non-com renewal rates, folks! — (Fun fact: Even if ONE Halley’s Comet ngtld price are low now, ngtld price change anytime) -You were warned. Stick with more stable com; market; renewal & otherwise

Last edited:
•••
TaxReturn.ai or aiTaxReturn.com 3 extra characters but 10 bucks renewal? Hmm.

•••
TaxReturn.ai or aiTaxReturn.com 3 extra characters but 10 bucks renewal? Hmm.
Funny enough i just got my tax return.. That’s a killer exact domain; perhaps AI can do your tax returns for u..

I like this name more than Ai.ai due to Premium renewal.
I hope AI Registry is reading.

It hurts me to say this; but i’d keep that one until the renewal rate jacks up. Throw out the other three word long-tail .ai domain.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, the renewal fee is too high for .ai domains. I have kept several .ai domains for about 10 years and paid renewal fee about 15K in total. Without the strong belief of the future of AI industry, I can not keep them so long time.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back