NameSilo
Spaceship
Watch

NPer

Very Allergic to CURRYTop Member
Impact
T.R.A.F.F.I.C. Discussion: 2012-2013

It's that time of the year again when I have the pleasure of creating this thread for the 2012 TRAFFIC Auction. :D

Here are some of the domains to be auctioned off:

http://www.targetedtraffic.com/program/2012/domain-auction.php

Some of the names that have been accepted thus far are:

Lot #101 Tumors.com (No Reserve)
Lot #102 Fibre.com ($1 Reserve)
Lot #103 3dMovie.com (Aggressively Priced)
Lot #104 DesPlaines.com ($1000 Reserve)
Lot #105 (Awaiting Signed Contract)
Lot#106 gtldforum.com (No Reserve)
Lot#107 gTLD.org ($1000 Reserve)

These are the runner-ups.

SolarBusiness.com
VirginiaMortgages.com
BrownNose.com
BulletproofVest.com
gtldAttorney.com (No Reserve)
VisitBogota.co (No Reserve) (a .co?? :cy:)
Tumors.net (No Reserve)

Note:

Once we have 100 slots reserved for the Live Auction, and great domains are still coming in, we will select the ones with the very best chance to sell. We plan to sell as close to 100% of the inventory selected for the Live Auction as possible.

berkens_bandit_rick.jpg

Dibs on the girl standing behind the King. :xf.love:

Are you submitting any names?

Let's hear about it!

:wave:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My domain missed reserve by $250. I wonder if there is a way to let it go to the highest bidder?

if not mistaken you get the change to sell to the highest bidder

•••
My domain missed reserve by $250. I wonder if there is a way to let it go to the highest bidder?

I was wondering the same thing.

•••
•••
I think an "oh dear" that really sucked is in order.

Guess the phone bidders could not afford the names on top of the call fee!

Tis the state of the market + other factors, worst I have ever seen it in my few years in the biz!

•••
•••
So why the poor results?

Is it bad market, junk names, lack of buyers, all the above?

Being mostly junk names, no potential buyers bothered to bid.
Anyway, I am not surprised for the result.

•••
"Load of bad domains" = "I told you so"

http://www.namepros.com/domain-name-discussion/767658-t-r-f-f-i-c.html#post4368251

Funny how virtually all of you (and others in the above thread & the usual comment silly people around the blogosphere) didn't have the balls (or were just plain clueless) to say this was overall a pile of bad names BEFORE the auction (like I did, twice on page 1 of the thread)

I'm talking about the Mugfords, Stubs, JBLons, Keith, countless others as you can see in the TRAFFIC thread

Where are the cheerleaders now?
DomainCoop, Webdomain, Lennco etc

But of course, after the fact - when the results are known - you all crawl out of the woodwork like Nostradamus

Pathetic nonces

LOL

Bwhahahaha

"Need better domain pickers"

Y'all know full well Schwarzy was 100% solely responsible for the domain picks.
He blogged about it often enough

Why don't you have the balls to point the finger at Schwarzy (like I did) BEFORE the auction started..

It looks like the sole criterion for accepting the domains was 1st-come-1st-served. LOL

PS the biggest joke of all is Schwartz, the sole stock picker
It just makes him look bad, out of touch.
Put the senile git out of his misery ASAP
LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
•••
Hey silly person,

show me the post where I ranted and raved about how great the submissions were? Oh you can't? My suggestion is to actually read someone's posts before making an ignorant comment like yours!

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
insulting ppl never is a good thing, no matter how far you are.

•••
•••
Thanks for the clean up Eric and my apologies!

•••
Rick Schwartz is a joke.... he reminds me of a cross between a sleazy used car salesman and a TV evangelist..

•••
Always nice to hear from the know-everything condescending crowd.

•••
So why the poor results?

Is it bad market, junk names, lack of buyers, all the above?

Some of it touched on already but:

It's a buyer's market right now/slow economy

Most of the domains getting picked aren't premier auction type domains, (some are)

Lack of online bidding and max bid. When you have online bidding, you're apt to have more bidding. If you have a domain for sale at the auction, that's exactly what you want. More bidders usually means domains selling for higher amounts, common sense type stuff.

New extensions coming? Don't know, not sure if some are waiting to see how all that plays out but these were mostly .coms, so don't think they played much of a role if any.

Also, you have to consider the brand. If you keep having these types of auction results, you're less likely to have people in the future put up their (good) domains in this auction. Not sure if it's already too late, but another auction like this wouldn't be good news.

Last edited:
•••
It's over.It's done it failed for a combination of reasons.

Las Vegas 2103 under threat now perhaps?

Those crowing about the "I told you so" should remember that they could equally have been wrong and to actually insult people will usually end up biting you in the bum,things have a way of doing that!

It's a sad day for the industry as a whole and I think it will be a long time before we see any tangible recovery.

I hope I am wrong.

•••
Met my expectations. Appreciative of the opportunity to generate some cash flow and I think some others did very well here as well. It's been fun and happy that I was able to make a nice connection on this board for future projects. Best all! I'm going back to the .pro board now :)

Shout out to nametalent.com,tntnames.com and domainscoop!

•••
Met my expectations. Appreciative of the opportunity to generate some cash flow and I think some others did very well here as well. It's been fun and happy that I was able to make a nice connection on this board for future projects. Best all! I'm going back to the .pro board now :)

Shout out to nametalent.com,tntnames.com and domainscoop!

YAYYY buddy!

•••
What industry is it sad for the people that owned forbiddengirls.com ? That industry was always bad as that name sounds like it is promoting under age girls.

This was a domain auction for other domainers its basically Namepros Marketplace on Steroids and Live.

You have the same people go to TRAFFIC every year, do you think names on that list were names that Mike Berkens buys ? Frank Schilling ? There were some nice names there OnlineWallet.com is still a good name even though it not sell. There were others.

An online auction needs to appeal to everyone, it needs to start every auction at $100 or the reserve if there is one, call no fake bids, provide authentic online bidding, have clear video and audio and perhaps crowd source the names that get into the live auction. Again IMO

•••
I'm only here because I'm stalking Aggro.

It's pretty easy.. I just follow the stench.

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

i understood 35 hundread ) 3.5k

I thought Aggro called this a $30K name?

•••
http://www.namepros.com/domain-name-discussion/767658-t-r-f-f-i-c.html#post4368251

Funny how virtually all of you (and others in the above thread & the usual comment silly people around the blogosphere) didn't have the balls (or were just plain clueless) to say this was overall a pile of bad names BEFORE the auction (like I did, twice on page 1 of the thread)

I'm talking about the Mugfords, Stubs, JBLons, Keith, countless others as you can see in the TRAFFIC thread

Where are the cheerleaders now?
DomainCoop, Webdomain, Lennco etc

But of course, after the fact - when the results are known - you all crawl out of the woodwork like Nostradamus

Pathetic nonces

LOL

Bwhahahaha

"Need better domain pickers"

Y'all know full well Schwarzy was 100% solely responsible for the domain picks.
He blogged about it often enough

Why don't you have the balls to point the finger at Schwarzy (like I did) BEFORE the auction started..

It looks like the sole criterion for accepting the domains was 1st-come-1st-served. LOL

PS the biggest joke of all is Schwartz, the sole stock picker
It just makes him look bad, out of touch.
Put the senile git out of his misery ASAP
LOL

Mate it is not about this particular auction , it is the whole industry it is very tiny , how much is the annual volume for the domaining industry ? Billion less more = the volume of a couple of hours in Apple stocks trading . :|

•••
I don't and I didn't understood, why some domainers with good experience were in "wonderland" before the auction, dreaming about their domains.
T.R.A.F.F.I.C auction isn't where some stupid rich people go and throw away their money. It was obvious how the result was going to be. Angro was right and I agreed with him since the beginning.
Angro said:
No, that's not correct. I know some domains that have good value and were not accepted, something else made the junk domains accepted and I have some opinions.

•••
Did you guys pay to list your domains?

•••
•••
Congrats to everyone that did make a sale, the live auction model needs to be tweaked but at least you tried.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back