Domain Empire

Stupid Question ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I am seeing a lot of sites like Namepros, Ebay, Namejet, and GoDaddy that are all using narrow pages for their sites.

There is a 1" empty space on both sides of their pages.

1. Why are companies doing this?
2. Are they using a certain template that narrows the pages on their sites or does frontpage and dreamweaver do this automatically.

:?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not sure why that would shock you... their just optimizing their sites to work with all sorts of monitors. Not everyone has their monitor resolution set to high number... some people are still running 800x600 and if the width of their site was wider than you currently see it, those users would have to scroll left and right to see everything.

•••
yup they're just maximizing utility and i doubt it has anything to do with frontpage or dreamweaver. i personally try to keep my sites compatible with 1024 or wider.

•••
kengreenwood summed it up. Some set to 100% but it makes it hard to deal with graphics, flash, ect.... most high content sites are set to 100% (news websites) / graphical websites more than likely set to specific width. I hate it when clients ask for there website to be 100% and they lack content.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back