Dynadot

discuss Some things you should know about XYZ

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

HostGeeks.com

Top Member
Impact
I would like to first start off showing the perspective I got from XYZ when I first saw it and it seems like reddit users got the same perspective. (Note: these claims are NOT confirmed, but this how people see XYZ)

1689527770235.png

1689527780945.png

1689527795233.png

1689527806511.png

1689527837226.png

1689527857264.png

1689527870358.png

1689527891333.png

1689527914151.png

1689527979565.png

1689527990501.png

1689528031325.png

1689528039022.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dont be a hate boy if you are late to .xyz train , I have only 1 .xyz which is : Lead .xyz and i have rejected many offers for it ( one was starting five figure from a saas venture ) , it has normal renewal fees of 10$ while the ones you are mentioning here are with hefty renewals which i can agree on is a downside of .xyz registry.
Hater, misogynistic, racist—same old shame language . Yet, I have presented my argument. Take it or leave it.

•••
xyz is terrible investment for domainers. Almost all domain investors lost money in it. Thats not conspiracy its a fact. Crazy renewal prices on xyz is pure scam thats not even debated. People who pushing xyz extensions have no way to sell their names to other domainers. They are stuck with this crap. Swetha is one exception to the rule. She got thousands of good names at regular renewals. Noone can match it today. Its like trying to do domaining like guys in the 90's who hand registered car.com. Please stop pushing XYZ crap on other domainers. Everyone knows its a losing money trap by now. If it was great investment then xyz investors would keep it to themselves so not to have competition. Since its complete disaster they want to get other people to buy their shit because otherwise they stuck with it.

•••
How does it fit my agenda it says Posted By XYZ right there! With another person idk who that person is

That's the point. Any conclusion should always be backed by in-deep research / due diligence / connected dots = facts.

Regards

Last edited:
•••
So, if you saw sale.com being sold for low 3 figure amounts, it wouldn't raise any eyebrows for you, since you've noticed other domains of lesser value getting sold at auction for much more.

Your argument doesn't make sense. Even if it's an auction, if it's a good domain, it will be purchased for more than that.

•••
Time to stop haha. I was very skeptical at first about Swetha, that amount of domains she own amazed me, but after reading several threads here on forum how she became to what she has now since mid '10s and how low-price .xyz were back in the days, I must admit I was wrong, all this conspiracy highly likely is bs.
Yes, .xyz somehow looks fancy for some and popular in crypto community, why bother? It's all gossips and nothing more.

The most ridiculous conspiracy claim I've seen here is that DN in her nickname @DNGear stands for... Daniel Negari.
Wow, recently passed away (sorry for bothering your soul) forum member @DNKingpin must be involved in xyz-scam too, right? Right?..
Time to stop and relax I guess.

•••
I can confirm that these opinions from Reddit listed in the original post appear to be true.

It's not just Reddit. Generally speaking, people are not a fan. Same for extension like .horse, wtf, lol.

However, XYZ was embraced by a market with a lot of capital to waste. Kinda like people were spending shit loads of money on ape avatars. It's crap, holds no value but there are people with deep pockets who dig it.

As an investor, you go where the the money is.

If people want to be successful, they should put their emotions aside.

•••
Lol. Ok dude.

Some things you should know about .xyz:

- It is perfectly fine just like any other extension.
- I receive more spam and warnings from dot-com imitator sites than any other extension period, but I don't go posting BS about it
- Have never ever had an issue with dot-xyz being blocked anywhere
- with dot-xyz, it's not a case of a "reputable ending", it's a case of malaligned opinions

I am almost sick of wasting my breath, why are some you guys so weird on this extension, what are you worried about?? Have you ever actually looked at real world usage, with successful sites?

btw I have like 4 dot-xyz domains don't worry this is not an agenda it's just the principle of the hogwash I'm seeing.

•••
I was VP of Engineering at XYZ. I was there during the launch, the penny sale and more. I know Daniel personally. He is extraordinarily smart. Furthermore, I know the hard working people that keep the business running. Brilliant and devoted people.

Daniel is easily one of the most intuitive businessmen I have ever met. He is usually 3 steps ahead of the pack on things no one else has really heard about yet. If that sort of thing will make you jealous. Daniel … will make you crazy.
But it’s not his fault that he is good at something while … others … are not.

Regarding Sold.xyz

I originally bought sold.xyz during the presale. Sold it years later for 35 bucks here on NP. It’s not surprising it went on sav.com for 500.

I just sold another 3L with low reregistration for $495 this month. Why? Cuz I wanted the money. If the guy who bought it from me sells it next week for 1M is that a scam?? No I just don’t know what I’m doing. And I deserve the punishment.
Base.xyz I auctioned for 4500 on Sedo. I was hopping for a Swetha sized cash out. Who knows why. That was the price. I originally sold it to a guy in AU, then bought it back to put it on Sedo. I made 500 bucks after all was said and done.

Lead.xyz - I sold that one too here too. 35 bucks. It was my “im tired of paying for these domains moment of idiocy”. I applaud the guy for turning down 5 figures. It could be worth 6 figures to the right company.

I’ve sold xyzs for 4 and 5 figures on names that I would struggle to justify even renewing every year. Weird stuff I’d bought on a whim.

Who ever Swetha is or not is not the issue. Sitting with, what you may think is , a very valuable 3L.xyz for years with not one offer, that hurts.

But my inkling is, if you tried more, better, harder you could figure out how to sell your precious domains for an amount that would make you happy.

Maybe send out a few emails to prospects instead of investing a girl in India who seems to have figured it out.

In terms of sysadmins blocking the extension… I’d worry more about .dev than .xyz. I’ve actually had problems with .dev irl.

Anyway get out there and make some money. Look at where you can do better. Most importantly, good luck.

Ed Anisko

•••
Ah so they are fixing the spam problem, that makes it better... Also who posted some of those articles you shared? oh the team at XYZ
Still better than quoting two year old posts from some bottom feeders on Reddit as one of your main sources for argument.

May I ask, how is it that you acquire your domain inventory? Because it seems like you have a clear lack of understanding of how most domainers get good deals on domains to sell for profit. I'm guessing you're just another red hand-regger? What sales do you have? Have you made many end user sales? I only ask because you smell like a total jealous and misinformed loser to me.

If you really dont have a reddit account, which I suspect is just another petty lie, then you should certainly consider it. You would fit right in.

Last edited:
•••
I can confirm that these opinions from Reddit listed in the original post appear to be true.

•••
Of course you are right. And every sane person and domainer knows this. But I think that there is much more to it than that.

•••
I like .xyz

its the best new TLD.

please when reporting aftermarket sales include renewal price.

anyone up for a debate - ill be there as Pro .xyz anytime, namepros chat, twitter space or clubhouse

Page

•••
Next thing: massive discrepancy in sales:

Look what sold a couple days ago:
Show attachment 242800

Yet other domains sold allegedly for $XX,XXX huh?

Look at this:
Show attachment 242801

You are telling me a weird long domain sold for XX,XXX yet sale.xyz sold for less than $500 . how is that possible, this shows you the tld is not valuable. THIS TLD HAS BEEN UP SINCE 2014 SURELY SOMEONE WOULD TRY TO SNAG SALE.XYZ IF IT WAS WORTH IT
Sale.xyz has a $3500 renewal price.
Girl.xyz has a $350 renewal price.
Chop.xyz has a standard renewal price.

•••
Next thing: massive discrepancy in sales:

Look what sold a couple days ago:
Show attachment 242800

Yet other domains sold allegedly for $XX,XXX huh?

Look at this:
Show attachment 242801

You are telling me a weird long domain sold for XX,XXX yet sale.xyz sold for less than $500 . how is that possible, this shows you the tld is not valuable. THIS TLD HAS BEEN UP SINCE 2014 SURELY SOMEONE WOULD TRY TO SNAG SALE.XYZ IF IT WAS WORTH IT

Comparing end-user sales & auction sales.

Very logic, much rational.. WOW! 🐶

•••
This is a classic example of the Dunning-Kruger effect

Dude is really showing expired domain auctions or drop pickups as some sort of evidence of a giant conspiracy.

You should probably head on back over to Reddit where you belong.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
As an investor, you go where the the money is.

Exactly!

The rebranding facing most of the xyz candidates. You need to be able to identify their progress during the ongoing funding + expansion of customer base. A first-check fund will eventually build on - form - the project, the second round will establish the direction, etc. F.e. After receiving the first-round fund, Morpho.best acquires Morpho.org and rebrands. Many projects didn't manage to attract $ or refuse to dance w the VCs (rules) like X.xyz ... abandoned project.

Regards

•••
Still better than quoting two year old posts from some bottom feeders on Reddit as one of your main sources for argument.

May I ask, how is it that you acquire your domain inventory? Because it seems like you have a clear lack of understanding of how most domainers get good deals on domains to sell for profit. I'm guessing you're just another red hand-regger? What sales do you have? Have you made many end user sales? I only ask because you smell like a total jealous and misinformed loser to me
1. I have quoted posts from 8 months ago.

2. That wasn't my main source of argument

3. Don't worry about how I get my domains but I buy the established .COM

4. Lack of understanding comes from pushing a suspious TLD like you are,

5. Even if I was, does that change what I said and many others have said?

6. Again even if I was jealous, does facts change?

7. I never had a reddit account, you made an assumption out of thin air so your suspious is off the mark let your assessment of xyz , you can access reddit without an account.

You are really the misinformed one, but I will not call you a loser or a liar because that behavior is beneath me.

Last edited:
•••
That's the point. A conclusion should always be backed by in-deep research / due diligence / connected dots = facts.

Regards
What are you talking about, XYZ is a co-writer in that post, doesn't matter who the other person.
Anyways this my last post for this thread

Last edited:
•••
Men lie.
Women lie.
But the truth is in the numbers.

XYZ sales volume has dropped 80% YoY.

XYZ is a inherently meaningless term.

.com = commercial, commerce (the bedrock of the Web)
.org = organization
.net = network
cctlds = country codes

Domainers are dropping thousands daily.

XYZ is a zombie extension at best.

•••
These are your arguments:
Bottom feeders
lack of understanding
red hand regger
total jealous
misinformed loser
petty lie
you fit right in

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
But real sales are driven by business and no businesses are actually using XYZ.
Sound.xyz raised $20 million in funding Link

N.xyz raised raises $40M Series A, Led by Paradigm.xyz, to Enable Faster Blockchain Indexing Link

I can put countless example but keeping it sort.

It's stupid to say that's no business are using .xyz

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back