IT.COM

SolarEnergy(.)com sold for $1,650,000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I just found this exciting news for all domainers, especially those who invest in green alternative energy names. It can be found on the 10-Q filed today by Solar energy Initiatives, Inc. under Significant Capital Expenditures. http://biz.yahoo.com/e/081224/snry.ob10-q.html

"During the quarter ended October 31, 2008, we acquired approximately $1,662,755 of business assets, and furniture and equipment for office purposes. $1,650,000 of the capital expenditures were for the purchase of the domain name, solarenergy.com, We have used these assets to begin our business operation."

This is by far the highest price I've seen paid yet for any green alternative energy name.

Merry Christmas to all.....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I may be optimistic, however I somehow think we'll be using fusion power over solar energy when we run out of oil. Price seems quite high imho. I hope they have a good plan to monetize the domain.

akcampbell said:
If generic energy .coms were worth pursuing commercially Oil.com, Electricity.com, and Gas.com wouldn't be Word Press style templates. They would have been sold for $10m-$20m or a few hours of profit for the biggest companies doing business in these industries.

That's a rather silly argument.

Some people don't care about money like us lesser beings. As for the 3 domains you mention below -- Oil.com, Electricity.com, Gas.com, they're all owned by the same company who has a whole lot more gems than that and probably safe to say if they do sell out, it'll likely only be for a Cnet-type deal. Why sell your generics when you're making more money off of them than you could possibly spend?

Last edited:
•••
nstalk said:
I know its hard for many to perceive such a high value for a name like SolarEnergy.com....but not me. Heck, I'll bet it will be worth 2 or 3 times more than that within a few years. I'm one of those who believe solar and wind will be our primary sources of renewable energy before mid century with solar being THE primary source. There is no limit to the value of such a domain name....imho.

I had much rather own SolarEnergy.com than Oil.com. SolarEnergy is unlimited where Oil is soon to be history.

I fully agree...I am investing in alternative energy domains, and I ma pretty satisfied with traffic and clicks rate...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back