IT.COM

domain Please Appraise 90sArcade.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

cyberfelt

Established Member
Impact
Hey all. I am working on developing 90sArcade.com and wonder if you guys could give me an appraisal as to what you think this site could be worth.

I originally wanted to set this up to be a retro arcade site, but I don't have the time to develop that out (I create a bunch of SEO content for large online gambling sites, and I am SWAMPED).

I set this site up to offer free web based arcade games, and have set up Google Ads on it to try to monetize it. The site has only been up for a few days, but I am starting to see Google traffic pop up, although I haven't been able to see what keywords are leading them in.

So what do you guys think? How much could this site be worth?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ordinarily I'd say the niche is too choked to make domains worth much, but this one is at least very memorable and descriptive -- can you fine-tune that script any to filter out non-retro games?

I'd suggest keeping it, since arcade sites can be a good "trickle income" source and can pay for themselves, even make it worth your while to invest time and effort into them. Failing that, leave it up and sell it as site with rev and traffic once you get some; even really good arcade names tend to go for high three figures/low four figures (Like RetroArcade.com , which is a great name, but which only sold for just over $1,000 last year.) Get some stats and the site will be worth much more than the domain.

Frank

•••
Thanks for the honest evaluation. I have to see if I can filter those games down (I am just starting out as a designer with WordPress and such), but I definitely see where you are going with that.

I am seeing some traffic coming through search engines already, and the site is definitely picking up a trickle or revenue.

What you told me is definitely encouraging, and I really appreciate it.

•••
I'd say low xxx

Cool name.

•••
Thanks for the input TomCarl.

I think I am going to try to sell this, but won't mind holding onto it if I need to. I really want to transition it to the retro arcade site I think it could be.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back