Dynadot

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I thought advertisers could track conversions by domains. I'm not sure where I picked that up.

For most actual developed sites, they can. But a lot of sites (and all domains) get lumped into either the "Other Sites" or the "Domain Ads" category. Moreover, some parked domains are on the Search Network, and some are on the Content Network, depending on their feeds/deals. You can exclude on both networks. But you can't see where your ads are appearing, nor where specifically they are converting. I posted a thread about this here, but it kind of died.

•••
Seabass said:
How does one only get a 4% CTR? Even with Brittney Spears domains or mistypes of YouTube, should you not be getting higher?
I guess there are some bots involved.

•••
netmeg said:
And one of the hooks they're using is that parked domains (on both networks) can now be excluded.

Take what you will from that.

(Although that's Google, and this is the Parked thread, I think it's somewhat indicative of the state of affairs in general)

That's a big hook indeed. A casual observer would look at all of this and reasonably declare that the "parking" industry is unraveling.

Sure, the guys who own the big value domains will probably feel a little pinch, but I'd wager dollars to donuts that the average domain holder will have his/her lunch handed to them.

•••
Sorry about this basic question. I did a search and couldn't find anything.
In the "my account information" then "domains for sale" I want to create a message for all of my domains. I put in
This domain for sale
http://{DOMAIN}
and the error was the URL you entered does not appear to be properly formatted.

•••
•••
•••
Oops, I guess it's been a long week.

Donny

•••
I can't put in words how much i despise Google.
Easy to go after the little guy and practically disable the majority of domain owners with one swift kick to the ... "DNS".
What's next? Having to ask Google whether i'm allowed to register a domain or what i'm allowed to do with it?!
Oh, hold on. We already can't do what we want with it and expect revenue, because the Gods at Google dislike the parking decisions.
Amazing how quickly my day can be ruined.

Back to the parked thread.
M.

•••
netmeg said:
That WILL NOT HAPPEN until or unless Google provides the advertisers with reports that actually show conversions from parked domains.

Google advertisers can see the conversions from parked domains now.

•••
DomainNameWire said:
In the long term, i think this will be excellent for the domains with pure "type-in" traffic.

•••
DomainNameWire said:

Yahoo will noticed this too and it will be a common approach in search engine, time to develop your domain.

•••
Conversions Form Parked Pages

DomainNameWire said:
The real question is: are the conversions from parked pages "good" and any different from "real pages"?

My guess is that some are "good" and some are "poor" - just like the conversions from "real pages". It depends on the niche and the mindset of the respective visitors. I will also venture to guess that the conversions from some parked pages are better than many "real pages" due to CTR-optimized page designs.

Hopefully the advertisers will finally see that and we may see a partial reversal of this recent dramatic slump in parking revenues.

Let's all hope...

•••
DomainNameWire said:

It's buried, but yes, now you can see an aggregate. But you can't tell WHICH parked domain, or whether it's on the Search or the Content Network, as you can with a site placement report, nor can that information be pulled into Reports or Google Analytics (as far as I know) But it's a start.

•••
Mike said:
I can't put in words how much i despise Google.
Easy to go after the little guy and practically disable the majority of domain owners with one swift kick to the ... "DNS".
What's next? Having to ask Google whether i'm allowed to register a domain or what i'm allowed to do with it?!
Oh, hold on. We already can't do what we want with it and expect revenue, because the Gods at Google dislike the parking decisions.
Amazing how quickly my day can be ruined.

Back to the parked thread.
M.

Mike, I can OFFICIALLY STATE that there is ABSOLUTELY NO JUSTICE in the domain/internet world...as I feel FIRST HAND with a vile and ruthless company trying to file lawsuits and completely RIDICULOUS complaints against one of my top domains for the SOLE REASON of REVERSE DOMAIN HIJACKING!!!
As Donny once told me, "Welcome to the REAL WORLD!"...
It really IS in OUR best interest to SUPPORT each other as "domainers"...and not try to knock each other down...ESPECIALLY THESE DAYS!
Back to our PARKED thread...

•••
On the flip side though... a lot of people aren't even smart enough to find this and turn ot off. So I guess that's something ;)

•••
I seem to have the best month yet at Parked. I only have about 60 domain names at Parked, my revenue is up and mostly from real estate domain names.

•••
Do you just use the default keywords or come up with your own?

•••
ebatcave said:
Do you just use the default keywords or come up with your own?

I almost always manually enter my own keywords. Most of my domain names are not generic words, so I use Google keyword tool to find the highest paying keywords that is closest to what my domain name is about.

•••
Is anyone else having trouble with their account.
I can log in then it locks all up. If I try to view a parked website it won't even connect.

•••
svfox said:
Is anyone else having trouble with their account.
I can log in then it locks all up. If I try to view a parked website it won't even connect.

No problems loging in and moving around my account

•••
701 63 $2.25 8.99% $0.03 $1.58

Someone killed my cat. :td: :alien: :'(

•••
•••
2 cents in the last 8 days :'(

•••
Got my first $0.01 click at Parked yesterday. Depressing!

•••
packrat said:
Got my first $0.01 click at Parked yesterday. Depressing!

Hey, me too. Also a $0.04 click at Fab. What a day...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back